Top 10 a majority of the season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Top 10 a majority of the season

It’s like he looked at our team last year (no depth, poor outside shooting team) and decided that since almost all of our guys are back, we will again have no depth and shoot bad.

He didn’t seem to take into account how young last years team was and how we’ll likely see some big improvements from some of them. He probably has no idea who Hughes is either. Knows who Boeheim is solely because of the name. Lazy writeup.

He listed our starting five, then the four new guys, and then decided "NO DEPTH."

Like how f$;&king lazy is that.

chukwu’s contributions defensively alone are a piece that make this team great. If he can contribute 6 ppg consistently then even better. We dont need him to be an offensive threat. We have 6 guys that should be double digit scorers on any given night.

Tb, fh, ob, md, elijah and jalen carey (remains to be seen on these two)
Let's not forget folks that one of Chukwu's biggest improvements last year was his turn around in free throw shooting. I recall a couple of games where he was the difference in the game. If he continues at his year end rate then that is solid.

Slow your roll, please. Top to bottom filthy? There is nothing filthy about PC, except maybe his hands. If Sid comes back as the guy we saw a few times last year (Pitt) then we've got a complete squad. But expecting much more out of PC is unrealistic. And if I have to eat those words later in the season, well bully for PC and I'll be glad to do it.

You aren't giving Sidibe and Chukwu enough credit for last year. They aren't world beaters, but there are plenty of Syracuse teams that would have envied the combination.

Both were injured, inexperienced and skinny last year. Largely as a consequence, they had difficulty finishing and staying out of foul trouble. They come into this year with a likelyhood of better health, stronger bodies and are guaranteed to have more experience.

That said, incremental improvement is all that is necessary for them to really contribute. A breakthrough is also possible for each of them, but certainly not critical.

Their combined stats last year paint the picture of a very useful player:

39.6 minutes 8.1 points on only 4.7 shots (.617 shooting) 4 offensive and 10 total rebounds along with 3.2 blocks and a steal every game.

In other words, a very viable center combination in spite of how frustrating they could be at times.

And again, both of them are breakout candidates this year!

You aren't giving Sidibe and Chukwu enough credit for last year. They aren't world beaters, but there are plenty of Syracuse teams that would have envied the combination.

Both were injured, inexperienced and skinny last year. Largely as a consequence, they had difficulty finishing and staying out of foul trouble. They come into this year with a likelyhood of better health, stronger bodies and are guaranteed to have more experience.

That said, incremental improvement is all that is necessary for them to really contribute. A breakthrough is also possible for each of them, but certainly not critical.

Their combined stats last year paint the picture of a very useful player:

39.6 minutes 8.1 points on only 4.7 shots (.617 shooting) 4 offensive and 10 total rebounds along with 3.2 blocks and a steal every game.

In other words, a very viable center combination in spite of how frustrating they could be at times.

And again, both of them are breakout candidates this year!

Completely agree about Sidibe. I just can't imagine why anyone expects anything more from Chuck. He's what he is. You said skinny. He had two years of almost no real basketball (transfer redshirt then the eye injury) and is almost the same size as when he left PC.

My chips are all in on Sid.

Chukwu plays too nice and timid. He needs to play pissed off with a chip on his shoulder. Attitude goes a long way especially if you start succeeding you feed on it and it snowballs

Don't underestimate the role Carey is going to play as another key ball handler with quickness who can force the action. IMO he is going to get major minutes and give us an offensive dimension we have been missing.

Don't underestimate the role Carey is going to play as another key ball handler with quickness who can force the action. IMO he is going to get major minutes and give us an offensive dimension we have been missing.
Yeah I think so too, think he’s going to force his way on to the court!!!

Jalen will put more pressure on Frank to create and distribute. This should be interesting. People underestimated Franks return his jr year and he was really good. Frank could come back a monster.

Just because we all need to laugh at ourselves sometimes...some seriously good stuff in this time capsul...enjoy...by the way most of us should not give up our day jobs because prognosticators we aint...

4F2ED6D2-6241-4C1E-BA18-33C231790659.gif

Not for the first time, I think many of us were fooled by the tourney run last year.

The team during the regular season was a more accurate reflection of who we were, and who we are.

Completely agree about Sidibe. I just can't imagine why anyone expects anything more from Chuck. He's what he is. You said skinny. He had two years of almost no real basketball (transfer redshirt then the eye injury) and is almost the same size as when he left PC.

My chips are all in on Sid.

That didn't turn out well. Ugh. I was still right about Pascal. He's not good.

Half the reason right here why so many are losing their minds right now. Insanely high expectations. We all seemingly had every player living up to their hype, and/or making a big leap in their game, and gelling together to create an undeniable force.

Jalen will put more pressure on Frank to create and distribute. This should be interesting. People underestimated Franks return his jr year and he was really good. Frank could come back a monster.

if by monster you mean someone who haunts his own team, yes. he's the real deal. He's a virtual sleestack.

"that's the last one of those i'm doing "

he lives . said this aloud after in the longer version.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom