Tourney Week Tracking | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

My guess is a #9 rather than #8, because I suspect we will see tomorrow that the NET was very relevant for seeding., and we align closer to a #9. Not that it really matters most.
So if a team like NC State gets in who is firmly a bubble team but has a solid NET could they end up like an 8 seed?

So if a team like NC State gets in who is firmly a bubble team but has a solid NET could they end up like an 8 seed?
I think there is the other “elephant in the room” factor. TCU and NC State would bring the FBI storyline to each broadcast. Not sure the NCAA wants that.

i have my top 16 overall all bracketed.

east:
1-Duke
2-Michigan St
3- Lsu
4- Kansas

South:
1-Virginia
2- Tennessee
3- Houston
4- Wisconsin

Midwest:
1-North Carolina
2-Kentucky
3-Purdue
4-Texas Tech

West:
1-Gonzaga
2- Michigan
3- Florida State
4- Kansas State
I don't think we see too many surprises this year. Unless they don't want to reward the ACC for some strange reason. I think you are spot on. Thanks.

One of Clemson/NC State is making the field.
No way the PAC-12 gets 2 at-larges and neither of the ACC bubble teams make it.

I don't think we see too many surprises this year. Unless they don't want to reward the ACC for some strange reason. I think you are spot on. Thanks.
The biggest place id be looking for surprises are seeding.

With the NET being used for the first time it will be interesting to see how much things change from what were used to.

Chris / Tom.

Any chance that Houston gets a 2 seed if they win tomorrow? I suspect they won't because the easy way out for the committee is to just place them on a line they are happy win or lose..

One thing Houston has in its favor is its 4th in the NET.

Also, we were talking Gonzaga yesterday, looks like they are still 2 in the NET, may have a chance to stay a 1 then

One of Clemson/NC State is making the field.
No way the PAC-12 gets 2 at-larges and neither of the ACC bubble teams make it.

Bracket matrix has both Clemson and nc state now out as first four out. With Washington as the last 8.

I think there is the other “elephant in the room” factor. TCU and NC State would bring the FBI storyline to each broadcast. Not sure the NCAA wants that.

Good point.

Should be interesting to see what sort of road LSU will have to travel. I expect them to have the most difficult path one could have. In their last game against Florida the foul tally was something like 24-10 in favor of the Gators. The NCAA will want them eliminated asap.

Posted an 11am seed list update over at TCW Bracketology. Oregon now in the tournament. 8-11 seeds this year are so up in the air. I'll be scrubbing 1-68 again to re-look at everything before final submission to Bracket Matrix, and I have a feeling there will be some more movement once I review the bubble metrics again.

Posted an 11am seed list update over at TCW Bracketology. Oregon now in the tournament. 8-11 seeds this year are so up in the air. I'll be scrubbing 1-68 again to re-look at everything before final submission to Bracket Matrix, and I have a feeling there will be some more movement once I review the bubble metrics again.

Thanks as always Tom. Give me Minnesota or Ole Miss from that list of 9s. Utah State is tricky good and UW, while kind of blah, has the Hop knowing our zone factor. With that being said, we play with the aggressiveness we showed in the ACC tourney we will beat any of them

It is possible IF they are not one of the last 4 in.. I have heard the NET will be more relevant for seeding rather than selecting teams.

There will be a few relevant teams to look at to see how much they are letting NET influence seeds.

If Gonzaga gets a #1 it is purely because of NET

Does Wofford get a surprising 4 or 5 bid? Everybody has them around #7, but with a #13 NET they should not fall below the 5 line if it is a significant seeding factor.

If they’re just going to use NET to guide them through the seeding, then there really isn’t a need for a committee. Something tells me they’re going to want to put their own stamp on the bracket, rather than say they followed the formula to the letter (number?).

Thanks as always Tom. Give me Minnesota or Ole Miss from that list of 9s. Utah State is tricky good and UW, while kind of blah, has the Hop knowing our zone factor. With that being said, we play with the aggressiveness we showed in the ACC tourney we will beat any of them

We may not get Utah st because half the bracket is played in Utah. I’d think they’ll move them out. That assumes we are in the west with Gonzaga.

my final bracket guess has us playing ole miss in SLC with gonzaga waiting on saturday

final group was 5 spots for 8 teams then 1 spot with 4 teams.
Arizona St
Ohio State
Temple
NC State
Tcu
St Johns
Belmont
Unc Greensboro

my final bracket guess has us playing ole miss in SLC with gonzaga waiting on saturday

final group was 5 spots for 8 teams then 1 spot with 4 teams.
Arizona St
Ohio State
Temple
NC State
Tcu
St Johns
Belmont
Unc Greensboro

Bubble so muddled this year! Put together a metrics chart on TCW Bracketology. 15 teams, 7 spots. What do you all think?

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 1.40.19 PM.png

I'm stunned about St Bonaventure. That was laughable how badly we beat them in the Dome. I thought that was the best we had looked all year but I really didn't think they were very good either. But they got things turned around nicely.

I'm stunned about St Bonaventure. That was laughable how badly we beat them in the Dome. I thought that was the best we had looked all year but I really didn't think they were very good either. But they got things turned around nicely.
It's falling apart for them now. They have given up a 0-12 run to St. Louis and now trail by 8 at the under 4 media TO.

Dumb question, but what time is the selection announced?

Bonnies had a shot to win it at the buzzer. Couldn't hit it. That has to hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom