Tourney Week Tracking | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

Buffalo only up 1 at half on BG. Bid steal possible there and in the PAC 12 but I think that is all (We know the A10 is a bid steal league already)

If Eastern Washington wins tonight, SYR will have another win over a tourney team, don't forget them
16-17 E. Washington leads 25-8 Montana 31-26 at the half of the Big Sky conference final.

i have my top 16 overall all bracketed.

east:
1-Duke
2-Michigan St
3- Lsu
4- Kansas

South:
1-Virginia
2- Tennessee
3- Houston
4- Wisconsin

Midwest:
1-North Carolina
2-Kentucky
3-Purdue
4-Texas Tech

West:
1-Gonzaga
2- Michigan
3- Florida State
4- Kansas State

My guess is a #9 rather than #8, because I suspect we will see tomorrow that the NET was very relevant for seeding., and we align closer to a #9. Not that it really matters most.

Last edited:
My guess is a #9 rather than #8, because I suspect we will see tomorrow that the NET was very relevant for seeding., and we align closer to a #9. Not that it really matters most.
I'm just curious and please don't take this as an insult I think your great. Do you have a job? You put an incredible amount of time into this.

ok my top 11 lines are done (as i dont mock the lower auto qualifiers until tomorrow when pretty much all autobids will be done) and we are playing thursday in salt lake city vs minnesota with gonzaga waiting on saturday night.

I'm just curious and please don't take this as an insult I think your great. Do you have a job? You put an incredible amount of time into this.

Yes, and I work about 60 hours a week. But I probably spend less time than you think on this stuff -- although still to much yes. It's more accumulated knowledge over years of following it and just typing away.

There are certain things that I just don't do anymore due to no time -- like putting together a bracket or sorting out seeds. That took a lot of time and it doesn't really interest me. I am not doing what Chris or Tom are doing for example, and good for them if they enjoy doing it. But since I used to, I know the process.. I won't argue specific seeds with Chris or Tom this year because they are digging deeper than I am right now.

Now I largely use tracking sights like the Matrix (and before that the RPI forecast). After observing them over multiple years I got a sense of what they are good at and not as good at in terms of where the season is heading. Now I just track, observe and express opinions more then anything. Follow the story over the entire year and not just at the end - this year I suspect the NET will change things a bit.

Now the one thing that does take a few hour effort each week, was updating that schedule and then doing the posts.

Last edited:
Yes, and I work about 60 hours a week. But I probably spend less time than you think on this stuff -- although still to much yes. It's more accumulated knowledge over years of following it and just typing away.

There are certain things that I just don't do anymore due to no time -- like putting together a bracket or sorting out seeds. That took a lot of time and it doesn't really interest me. I am not doing what Chris or Tom are doing for example, and good for them if they enjoy doing it. But since I used to, I know the process.. I won't argue specific seeds with Chris or Tom this year because they are digging deeper than I am right now.

Now I largely use tracking sights like the Matrix (and before that the RPI forecast). After observing them over multiple years I got a sense of what they are good at and not as good at in terms of where the season is heading. Now I just track, observe and express opinions more then anything. Follow the story over the entire year and not just at the end - this year I suspect the NET will change things a bit.

Now the one thing that does take a few hour effort each week, was updating that schedule and then doing the posts.
yea i only do brackets at the very end like today/tomorrow

Chris / Tom.

Any chance that Houston gets a 2 seed if they win tomorrow? I suspect they won't because the easy way out for the committee is to just place them on a line they are happy win or lose..

Chris / Tom.

Any chance that Houston gets a 2 seed if they win tomorrow? I suspect they won't because the easy way out for the committee is to just place them on a line they are happy win or lose..

since game doesnt start until 3 i think committee does nothing with them win or lose as a 3 in south

Chris / Tom.

I think Houston is a 3 seed.

The top 8 are all rock solid.
Duke, Virginia, Tennessee, Gonzaga. Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Kentucky.

I have Houston 9th.
If Houston is a 2 seed then Gonzaga has no business as a 1 seed.

since game doesnt start until 3 i think committee does nothing with them win or lose as a 3 in south
Houston is almost 200 miles closer to Kansas City, MO than Louisville, Ky.

If Houston is the top 3 seed they will prefer Midwest to South region.

Chris / Tom.

I don't see it. I think they needed a Michigan loss today to have a chance. Too many teams at the top. I think they deserve it, but not likely the committee puts them better than a 3.

Houston is almost 200 miles closer to Kansas City, MO than Louisville, Ky.

If Houston is the top 3 seed they will prefer Midwest to South region.

the committee will want balanced regions too so might get forced into south via tulsa depending on who is the other 3 seeds

Who gets busted by Oregon... Arizona St, NC St, Temple?

Someone else?

Someone else?

I had Belmont as my last team in. I had NC State already out. Their 353 NCSOS is just too high for me.

Going to scrub probably two more times before final bracket though. Madnesssssss!

Someone else?
for me st johns and there really high net go pop if oregon holds on, with asu as my current 2nd to last team in

for me st johns and there really high net go pop if oregon holds on, with asu as my current 2nd to last team in

Yes. St. John's should be part of that group as well.

my updated last 4 in as of this oregon beat down:
Temple
Nc State
Tcu
Arizona St

first 2 out:
st Johns
Belmont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member