Tourney Week Tracking | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

We probably are a natural 8/9 but with three potential 1 seeds in the ACC we could easily be moved to a 7/10.

I don't think they really need to move to teams off seed lines anymore since they have really opened up the round of 16 for intra-conference matchups. It makes bracketing SO much easier.

every interview I have heard with the committee chair he has talked a lot about how the NET rankings and other predictive measurements are such a great resource and relied on heavily when seeding teams (especially when they all start looking the same, lower in the bracket).

2 reasons we could be a 10.

The committee tends to not spend as much time seeding the 6-10 lines. It's more about the pod seeds and the bubble. That is why I beleive there is always a few head scratchers in this area.

The speculation that NET will be the key determinant for seeding (not getting in). If that is the case our range is in the 10.
Is the Michigan State win why Louisville is a consensus 7 seed and we are 8/9 seed?
I am examining their resume and don’t see much difference except they beat Michigan State and won at Virginia Tech.

Our win at Ohio State equals there win at Seton Hall.
Are those 2 wins above enough to overcome win over them head to head?

Is the Michigan State win why Louisville is a consensus 7 seed and we are 8/9 seed?
I am examining their resume and don’t see much difference except they beat Michigan State and won at Virginia Tech.

Our win at Ohio State equals there win at Seton Hall.
Are those 2 wins above enough to overcome win over them head to head?
They throttled North carolina, won AT tech and beat a consensus #2 seed. We won at Duke, and beat them at home, all else being equal they should be slightly ahead of us.

For bracketing purposes the committee can drop us or raise a seed line.
If the ACC has 3#1 seed I bet we are more likely a 10 seed than 8/9.
They can but they love putting big name programs in the 8/9 game. I think if duke wins tonight UNC will be a 2 seed.

They throttled North carolina, won AT tech and beat a consensus #2 seed. We won at Duke, and beat them at home, all else being equal they should be slightly ahead of us.
North Carolina win = our win at Duke.
Virginia Tech is a good road win but we beat them head to head to cancel that.
It’s the Michigan State win as a difference.

ya I was agreeing with you, just going through my rationale instead of just 'liking' your post ;)

Committee can’t put Kentucky in the South region as a 2 seed.
Duke needs to win tonight to have a shot at the 1 seed in the East/Washington DC.
Virginia or Duke will be the 1 seed in the South and in Louisville.

Imagine 1 seed Duke/Virginia vs. 2 seed Kentucky in Louisville.

Fair thing to do is put Kentucky as the 2 seed in Kansas City/Midwest region.

Didn’t realize Michigan State lost to Indiana x2 and to Illinois.
Those are pretty bad losses.
Beating Michigan x3 would make them a 1 seed though maybe.
Wouldn’t mind being the 8/9 with Michigan State.

The Msu win puts them ahead but if they are a 7 we def are an 8.

That may be part of it, but I think it’s also the fact that Louisville didn’t stumble in the nonconference.

Would love MSU to get a 1 seed, and be opposite our 8/9 game. I think the committee may go for UNC and the Zags over MSU though. The Zags don’t really deserve a 1, but don’t see them being left out.

If St. Bonaventure wins the A-10 that would be another win over a conference tournament champion.
Northeastern
Colgate
I’ll take that as a consolation prize if they beat SLU. The Billikens got off to a hot start in conference play, but injuries derailed their season. Ford’s got them rolling again with just a six-man rotation.

Cincy + Houston avoid a bid stealer scenario from the AAC -- although they made it close with both teams winning by 3.

Utah St looks like it will beat San Diego St -- so no bid stealer from the MWC.

Buffalo up 11 early against Bowling Green - so it does not appear there will be a bid stealer from the MAC.

Cincy + Houston avoid a bid stealer scenario from the AAC -- although they made it close with both teams winning by 3.

Utah St looks like it will beat San Diego St -- so no bid stealer from the MWC.

Buffalo up 11 early against Bowling Green - so it does not appear there will be a bid stealer from the MAC.
And Kansas loses, which is just fun to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom