Tourney Week Tracking | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

Bracketville has us as a 10 vs Wofford then MSU.

He’s arugably the best bracket guy out there

I think most of us would prefer the 10 seed but that also means we’re closer to the playin game than we’d like

I think most of us would prefer the 10 seed but that also means we’re closer to the playin game than we’d like

thats why im gonna be nervous if we lose wednesday.

Absolute cake walk folks!

The best tourney in pure bubble implications this week will be the Big East.

1552321111414.jpeg

The best tourney in pure bubble implications this week will be the Big East.

View attachment 155927

I agree. You also have potentially 2 play in games in the first round (NC St vs Clemson), (Indiana vs Ohio St)

Sometimes you enter tourney week with some P5+BE conferences picture being 100% clear. Every conference has a team on the bubble this year.

Bracket Matrix is now up to date, and only includes brackets from today. That bubble line is getting cloudy, although we are still far from it.

Last 4 In
Florida 79%
Arizona St 78%
NC St 67%
Texas 66%

Last 4 Out
Indiana 48%
Belmont 41%
Creighton 38%
Alabama 17%

In terms of the mid-majors that lost that could be considerd:
Belmont - 41%
Furman - 2%
Lipscomb - 2%

So most people don't have Furman and Lipscomb in. And they likely won't, but their betting probability is certainly higher than 2%.

Bracket Matrix is now up to date, and only includes brackets from today. That bubble line is getting cloudy, although we are still far from it.

Last 4 In
Florida 79%
Arizona St 78%
NC St 67%
Texas 66%

Last 4 Out
Indiana 48%
Belmont 41%
Creighton 38%
Alabama 17%

In terms of the mid-majors that lost that could be considerd:
Belmont - 41%
Furman - 2%
Lipscomb - 2%

So most people don't have Furman and Lipscomb in. And they likely won't, but their betting probability is certainly higher than 2%.

Can’t wait for vitale to want all the little guys in, but also want every p5 team close to the bubble in, basically expanding the tournament to 80 teams

anyone with a go to link to show net rankings and quad victories?

This could easily be the year to go back to 32 teams.

That's about all that deserve to be there and even then it could be stretching it a little.

So I read on Palm today that there is no "SOS" component that comes from the NET and they are using the old RPI "SOS" formula as their SOS indicator. Seems strange.

EDIT - So I went and checked Warren Nolan and it is indeed true (well based on a sample of two). Syracuse is #23 in both, and Kansas is #1 in both.

It's just odd that they rely on the old RPI formula for the SOS metric.

So I read on Palm today that there is no "SOS" component that comes from the NET and they are using the old RPI "SOS" formula as their SOS indicator. Seems strange.
Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
gRs.gif

Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
gRs.gif

I made a late edit above that you may have missed, but for a sample of two it does bear out. Very odd.

Because Syracuse's NCSOS based on efficiency is much worse than #23... it is #169. Which is not great, but many have much worse. So it is a benefit to us.

At this point we are tracking more for the other lower bubble teams. (However, until I sense there is no longer even a minute chance we could get burnt -- minute is the key... I want those teams to go down),

St. Mary's has a weak resume, but at NET 37, they could get a surprise invite. They are currently up 29-24. I want them to lose tonight, because I feel they can pull a surprise upset against Rival Gonzaga in the WCC championship game with the season on the line. San Diego has no such shot.

I hope we win Wednesday, because at that point I feel I can root for pure chaos the rest of tourney week. Go Indiana, Creighton, multiple bid stealers (Buffalo loses, VCU loses)... create many options on Selection Sunday that don't involve us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom