Tourney Week Tracking | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

At this point, the "pack" knows they only have a little time left with Frank. It seems they are setting up for next year with a toss-up between OB and Carey as their anointed whipping boy.

And some folks worry about a player being Boeheimed?

For those other teams on the bubble, or the small group of people that are really scared about our position, there is only one game that matters today.

Gonzaga
St. Mary's

This is a pretty big rivalry, and St. mary's has everything to lose. Maybe they pull off the upset which would definetely be a bid stealer.

With 5 minutes to go in the first

St Mary's 23
Gonzaga 19

For those other teams on the bubble, or the small group of people that are really scared about our position, there is only one game that matters today.

Gonzaga
St. Mary's

This is a pretty big rivalry, and St. mary's has everything to lose. Maybe they pull off the upset which would definetely be a bid stealer.

With 5 minutes to go in the first

St Mary's 23
Gonzaga 19
A Gonzaga loss could drop them off the 1 line.
3 ACC teams
Kentucky
could be 1 seeds if Gonzaga loses.

A Gonzaga loss could drop them off the 1 line.
3 ACC teams
Kentucky
could be 1 seeds if Gonzaga loses.

I think they are off the #1 line with a loss. They went 1-2 against the top 2 seed lines, with no other top 25 wins.

I still think Michigan St is in control of their own destiny if they win the BIG tourney (gonzaga or not).

The board worry warts are pissed. I think some of them want SU to lose Wednesday and not make the tourney just to say "I told you so" to all those who think SU is in.
Not really I want to win the acct and get a 4 seed.

Think we’re okay but still would have preferred to see st Mary’s go down.

St. Mary's with the upset.

This will likely move Gonzaga to the #2 line. If they had went 2-1 against UNC, Tennessee, Duke I would have kept them in that #1 line. But going 1-2 in those games I think does them in.

Gonzaga should not be a 1 seed even though I think they are best team.

St. Mary's with the upset.

This will likely move Gonzaga to the #2 line. If they had went 2-1 against UNC, Tennessee, Duke I would have kept them in that #1 line. But going 1-2 in those games I think does them in.
Virginia is a lock for a 1 seed.
One of Duke/North Carolina should be a 1 seed.
SEC champ if it’s LSU/Tennessee/Kentucky has a good argument.
Michigan State then the 3rd ACC team from UNC/Duke should be the 1 seed contenders.
Gonzaga as the 2 seed out West.

Zags were brutal that game and st Mary's had a nice win but they arent very good. Was a ugly game to watch. Although our game tomorrow could be ugly as well!

Crazy stat.
Gonzaga only played 7 games against quad 1 teams.
They went 4-3 in those games.
Only 1 win against a ranked team.
Which was Duke.
Their profile is honestly that of a 3-4 seed but they are going to be a 1 or 2.

Well one less bid gonzaga doesn't deserve a one seed.

live look at Brian's crew every time a bid stealing result happens

AtD1.gif

Currently.

12th Last In - Syracuse

Last 4 In (Based on # of Brackets in)
Florida 111 (out of 143)
Clemson 110
Arizona 105
NC St 98

First 4 Out
Texas 92
Indiana 83
Creighton 63
Belmont 59

Alabama 18
Georgetown 10

Teams to root for today:

Clemson ( IMO safer than NC State we beat Clemson a wIn helps our numbers)
VaTech (vs Miami)
Rutgers (vs. Nebraska)
Louisville (vs ND)
OK State (vs TCU)
WVU (vs Oklahoma)
Northwestern (vs Illinois)
Depaul (vs. St John’s)

Not a huge day for possible movement. Biggest bubble game by far is Clemson/NC State; loser is probably out

Miami/ND aren’t an issue because they’d have to win the ACCT but better safe than sorry

Oklahoma and St John’s are similar to us. Probably in but the 3 of us play bad teams. I’d those 2 lose and we win we are ahead of them (if we aren’t already)

Nebraska and Illinois are out today with losses.

TCU is close to the cut line so they need to win

Crazy stat.
Gonzaga only played 7 games against quad 1 teams.
They went 4-3 in those games.
Only 1 win against a ranked team.
Which was Duke.
Their profile is honestly that of a 3-4 seed but they are going to be a 1 or 2.

Maybe, but the 4-3 is a little misleading. Obviously it happened, but 2 of the losses were @Unc and Tennessee on a neutral. Those are like quad 1aaaa games or something. They played Duke, UNC, and Tennessee all away from home, 1-2 in those games, with one of the losses by 3 points, is pretty damn good.

This is kind of an issue i have with the quad stuff; it's a good framing device, but obviously, not all quad 1 games are created equal

Teams to root for today:

Clemson ( IMO safer than NC State we beat Clemson a wIn helps our numbers)
VaTech (vs Miami)
Rutgers (vs. Nebraska)
Louisville (vs ND)
OK State (vs TCU)
WVU (vs Oklahoma)
Northwestern (vs Illinois)
Depaul (vs. St John’s)

Not a huge day for possible movement. Biggest bubble game by far is Clemson/NC State; loser is probably out

Miami/ND aren’t an issue because they’d have to win the ACCT but better safe than sorry

Oklahoma and St John’s are similar to us. Probably in but the 3 of us play bad teams. I’d those 2 lose and we win we are ahead of them (if we aren’t already)

Nebraska and Illinois are out today with losses.

TCU is close to the cut line so they need to win

CUSE!

Maybe, but the 4-3 is a little misleading. Obviously it happened, but 2 of the losses were @Unc and Tennessee on a neutral. Those are like quad 1aaaa games or something. They played Duke, UNC, and Tennessee all away from home, 1-2 in those games, with one of the losses by 3 points, is pretty damn good.

This is kind of an issue i have with the quad stuff; it's a good framing device, but obviously, not all quad 1 games are created equal
Agree completely.

A win at the #75 team should not be equal to a win at the #1 team.

There needs to be a quad 0 for road games at the top 25 or so.

Agree completely.

A win at the #75 team should not be equal to a win at the #1 team.

There needs to be a quad 0 for road games at the top 25 or so.

And they are not from what i understand at least when it comes right down to the bubble,

I think middle seeded teams (4-8) may get away with little dig down into it as it seems that is the part of the bracket they have less concern with, but when it comes to the bubble they break down your record a little more from what I understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom