Tourney Week Tracking | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

Maybe, but the 4-3 is a little misleading. Obviously it happened, but 2 of the losses were @Unc and Tennessee on a neutral. Those are like quad 1aaaa games or something. They played Duke, UNC, and Tennessee all away from home, 1-2 in those games, with one of the losses by 3 points, is pretty damn good.

This is kind of an issue i have with the quad stuff; it's a good framing device, but obviously, not all quad 1 games are created equal
They only have 1 win against a ranked team.
Now it’s a great win over a full Duke team in Maui but their resume is thin.
They didn’t play enough good teams and have enough good wins.
Duke
Wasnington
St. Mary’s x2
Illinois
Arizona

That shouldn’t be a 1 seed. Especially when they have 3 losses and aren’t undefeated.
Houston Cougars play in a better conference.
Beat LSU
Cincinnati x2
Temple
Plus their upcoming conference tournament.
If Houston wins the AAC I would be interested to see who is seeded higher.
I plan on picking Gonzaga to go far in the tournament but their resume is thin.

Duke
Wasnington
St. Mary’s x2
Illinois
Arizona

That shouldn’t be a 1 seed. Especially when they have 3 losses and aren’t undefeated.
Beat LSU
Cincinnati x2
Temple

Their analytics are very good. Net is 2. KenPom is 2. It's been said that the committee is going to rely on metrics such as KenPom when seeding because that's how spreads are determined. If you're a 14 seed against 3 seed Gonzaga you are basically playing a 1 and that isn't exactly fair to the 14 seed.

Their analytics are very good. Net is 2. KenPom is 2. It's been said that the committee is going to rely on metrics such as KenPom when seeding because that's how spreads are determined. If you're a 14 seed against 3 seed Gonzaga you are basically playing a 1 and that isn't exactly fair to the 14 seed.
Gonzaga reminds me of Michigan State last year.
Michigan State was 28-3 in the regular season and lost in the conference tournament and got a 3 seed. Everyone thought they were underseeded.
Michigan State was loved by everyone but we took them out in Detroit.

Gonzaga is a damn good team and honestly I have them going to the Final Four unless they get an insane bracket.
Their resume minus computers/eye test don’t give them a 1 seed.
I would make them a 3 seed by the numbers just like Michigan State last year.
They played Tennessee and North Carolina away from home to their credit but they lost. If they were on the bubble I would use that to put them in the tournament but in seeding it’s used against them.

Gonzaga reminds me of Michigan State last year.
Michigan State was 28-3 in the regular season and lost in the conference tournament and got a 3 seed. Everyone thought they were underseeded.
Michigan State was loved by everyone but we took them out in Detroit.

Gonzaga is a damn good team and honestly I have them going to the Final Four unless they get an insane bracket.
Their resume minus computers/eye test don’t give them a 1 seed.
I would make them a 3 seed by the numbers just like Michigan State last year.
They played Tennessee and North Carolina away from home to their credit but they lost. If they were on the bubble I would use that to put them in the tournament but in seeding it’s used against them.

Except MSU was 6 in KP prior to the tournament, not 2.

Currently.

12th Last In - Syracuse

Last 4 In (Based on # of Brackets in)
Florida 111 (out of 143)
Clemson 110
Arizona 105
NC St 98

First 4 Out
Texas 92
Indiana 83
Creighton 63
Belmont 59

Alabama 18
Georgetown 10

Clemson vs. NC St. really shaping up as a loser leaves town match

1552492212988.jpeg

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about when you use the word deserve.
They have one really good win all year beating duke in Maui. Why do they deserve a one seed over UNC UNC mich st ten?

They have one really good win all year beating duke in Maui. Why do they deserve a one seed over UNC UNC mich st ten?

They would be favored over all those schools on a neutral court.

UNC beat them pretty good. So that is debatable? And that's not how they do seeding.

They lost by 13 to them on the road. A lot of teams lose road games. They aren't going to get penalized for that.

Out of those teams you listed Tennessee is the least deserving of a 1.

They lost by 13 to them on the road. A lot of teams lose2k18 road games. They aren't going to get penalized for that.

Out of those teams you listed Tennessee is the least deserving of a 1.
That game wasn't that close we played UNC tougher. Unc msu uk all have better resumes. Ten has a similar resume and beat them. Gonzaga lost their lousy conf tournament.

That game wasn't that close we played UNC tougher. Unc msu uk all have better resumes. Ten has a similar resume and beat them. Gonzaga lost their lousy conf tournament.

UNC is going to get a one anyway. So is Virginia. St. Mary's is a lot better than Alabama and Seton Hall who UK lost to. UK is going to get a 3 probably.

Michigan State lost on the road to Illinois who Gonzaga beat on a neutral court. MSU is a one seed, but they are behind Gonzaga.

The 4 one seeds today are Virginia, Gonzaga, UNC, MSU.

Now if Michigan wins the Big 10 and Duke wins the ACC tournament they jump UNC and MSU. Gonzaga is safe and rightfully so.

You can't have KenPom #2 anything lower than a 1.

The Committee did that with Nova in 2016 cause they thought the big east is trash and Oregon who was about KenPom 8 got a one in the ridiculously weak west region.

The brackets should be built to who is favored. In the past they have not done that and that is how you end up with regions that are ridiculously difficult.

UNC is going to get a one anyway. So is Virginia. St. Mary's is a lot better than Alabama and Seton Hall who UK lost to. UK is going to get a 3 probably.

Michigan State lost on the road to Illinois who Gonzaga beat on a neutral court. MSU is a one seed, but they are behind Gonzaga.

Now if Michigan wins the Big 10 and Duke wins the ACC tournament they jump UNC and MSU. Gonzaga is safe and rightfully so.

The Committee did that with Nova in 2016 cause they thought the big east is trash and Oregon who was about KenPom 8 got a one.

The brackets should be built to who is favored. In the past they have not done that and that is how you end up with regions that are ridiculously difficult.

no way in hell is UK a 3 seed, they are either a 1(if they win the SEC) or a 2 at worst. and no way is MSU a 1 at this point, they have a path to get there if they win the Big 10 and UK doesn't win the SEC, however

no way in hell is UK a 3 seed, they are either a 1(if they win the SEC) or a 2 at worst. and no way is MSU a 1 at this point, they have a path to get there if they win the Big 10 and UK doesn't win the SEC, however

Unfortunately you are right, but I totally disagree with it if we are taking into account the entire body of work.

UK beat UNC lville kansas and swept auburn and msu at worst they are a 2. If they win their tourney they could be a 1. Msu swept mich they will get a 1 if they win the big ten.

The Committee did that with Nova in 2016 cause they thought the big east is trash and Oregon who was about KenPom 8 got a one in the ridiculously weak west region.

Duke
Wasnington
St. Mary’s x2
Illinois
Arizona

Beat LSU
Cincinnati x2
Temple

I can certainly buy that argument; i was more saying just using the quad stuff is a little bit of a blunt tool. Digging deeper, like you did, that's a compelling case.

They do rank real well in the metrics though.

Just looking at 2016, since you mentioned it, UK entered the tournament 8 at KP and they got a 4 seed!Our
Purdue was 10 and got a 5!

In 2017, Wichita state was #5 in KP before the tournament, 10 seed. (Maybe you can argue there since they didnt play in a power league, the KP is a little less reliable. I dunno, huge gap)

Last one, Louisville entered the 2014 tournament the #1 team in KP, got a 4 seed. They lost to a Kentucky team in the round of 16 who was 17th and got an 8.

I can certainly buy that argument; i was more saying just using the quad stuff is a little bit of a blunt tool. Digging deeper, like you did, that's a compelling case.

They do rank real well in the metrics though.

Just looking at 2016, since you mentioned it, UK entered the tournament 8 at KP and they got a 4 seed!Our
Purdue was 10 and got a 5!

In 2017, Wichita state was #5 in KP before the tournament, 10 seed. (Maybe you can argue there since they didnt play in a power league, the KP is a little less reliable. I dunno, huge gap)

Last one, Louisville entered the 2014 tournament the #1 team in KP, got a 4 seed. They lost to a Kentucky team in the round of 16 who was 17th and got an 8.
I believe Gonzaga is one of the best 4 teams in the nation.
I just don’t think with 3 losses their resume is worthy of a 1 seed.
Honestly their resume screams 3 seed but at worst they are likely a 2 seed.

TCU was lucky to get by which could have been a problem for them. But the key is to win, and they did.

Currently there are 2 other potential upsets happening:

Depaul 27
St. Johns 27

West Virigina 33
Oklahoma 32

TCU was lucky to get by which could have been a problem for them. But the key is to win, and they did.

Currently there are 2 other potential upsets happening:

Depaul 27
St. Johns 27

West Virigina 33
Oklahoma 32

Down goes OU. That's a bad loss.

Ohio State looks much better today than they have looked in some time. Wesson makes a big difference but others are playing better also. Hopefully this knocks Indiana out of the discussion for good. Amazing they still had life after dropping 12 of 13 during the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom