Tracking Syracuse vs Other Teams: Mar 1 - Mar 7 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking Syracuse vs Other Teams: Mar 1 - Mar 7

Clemson winning could actually help us get another Q1 win. Right now Clemson is 41 in the NET.
If the win this game they will likely move up to around 35/36. Then if they beat ND they might move up to 33ish.
Then they play us. If we beat them we get a Q1 road win since they are top 75.
If the beat us they would prob move up to around 30 and turn our home game win vs them into a Q1 win.
Even with a loss, Clemson will be a Q1 opportunity. They are currently at 41. They would need to drop below 75 to be a Q2. Almost impossible.

I agree but I was saying if Clemson wins out it would turn our home win against them into a Q1 win
I get it. I would just think it would be nearly impossible for them to climb 10 spots. Especially when we would only be a Q2 win for them.

I REALLY want to avoid the dreaded noon ACC tourney time slot at all costs.

On the one hand, evening tourney games are way more conducive with work. On the other hand, there’s just something about watching a college basketball game on a 40 degree overcast March afternoon with other people who are taking a long lunch that makes life feel amazing.

Seton Hall and Georgetown in Double OT. Go -----.

On the one hand, evening tourney games are way more conducive with work. On the other hand, there’s just something about watching a college basketball game on a 40 degree overcast March afternoon with other people who are taking a long lunch that makes life feel amazing.

As a teacher it’s not as easy ha.

At the half.

Austin Peay over Second Out Murray St (it would be considered a Q3 loss)

As a teacher it’s not as easy ha.

Put the game on. It’s involving the students in the community and current events.

*I still remember convincing my science teacher to put the ‘97 Big East tournament game on the radio while we worked. We lost and missed the dance.

Put the game on. It’s involving the students in the community and current events.

*I still remember convincing my science teacher to put the ‘97 Big East tournament game on the radio while we worked. We lost and missed the dance.

Been there done that, elementary kids aren’t always as invested in the game which is why now I just save my sick days .

With 5 minutes left, Georgia is up 49-48 over Florida. It would be considered a Q3 loss.

Utah St in the process of getting a marquee win over Nevada up 9, about 12 to go.

1-14 Georgia beat Florida. Florida was at home. This does not kill Florida by any means, but it is one more team that is likely to be taken over by a bubble buster before we are (if we lost out)

Utah St beat Nevada.

The 2 clear winners from today have been UCF and Utah St. But there have been losers as well.

St, Mary's also playing Gonzaga tough right now.

Things got way out of control after the Utah State/Nevada game.

Warning: NSFW

I watched the last 10:00 of this game, and it was definitely chippy, to say the least. Potential rematch in the MWC Tourney will be interesting.

It sounded like Nevada was upset the stadium security let fans physically touch their players, and a Nevada assistant said that a Utah State assistant went through the handshake line saying "F&%$ you".

Wow.

correct me if i'm wrong, but the committee still tries to avoid team from the same conf meeting up in the firrst few rounds, yes? ( i know we played Marquette in 2011, there were 11 teams from the BE that year. Also, remember the arguments that the big east would be "capped" at 8 bids? good times)

anyway, most of the mocks have us in the 8/9 game right now, and it seems likely the ACC is getting 2 #1 seeds. so we'd probably be sent to play one of the other 2 #1 seeds if we win our first round game Just something i thought of. basically cuts our potential second round opponents in half. either that or we get moved to a 7 or 10 to make the bracket balance. or we play our way off the 8/9 game. so yes. good post.

Overall the bubble went 3-7 this weekend in they key Q1 games. The wins were huge for Utah St and Central Florida, and the loss was devestating for St. Mary's. It was an average Q1 performance by the group, but to scare us Syracuse fans it needed to be well above average.

St. John's and Florida also had bad losses. (Q3 losses to Georgia and Depaul)

Taking the entire weekend into consideration, I have to put as near lock as possible (without calling a lock). Only 3 reasons I can see us missing now:
1) Committee Error - Sometimes the committee makes bad decisions
2) Unexpected trends created for the new NET rating.
3) Highly Unusual amount of bubble busters (say 5 or more)

See the Yellow W-L column to see the overall results for the weekend.

1551654486841.png

Overall the bubble went 3-7 this weekend in they key Q1 games. The wins were huge for Utah St and Central Florida, and the loss was devestating for St. Mary's. It was an average Q1 performance by the group, but to scare us Syracuse fans it needed to be well above average.

Taking the entire weekend into consideration, I have to put as near lock as possible (without calling a lock). Only 3 reasons I can see us missing now:

View attachment 154966
You are killing it on the matrix rankings congrats.
Top 5 is insane.

correct me if i'm wrong, but the committee still tries to avoid team from the same conf meeting up in the firrst few rounds, yes? ( i know we played Marquette in 2011, there were 11 teams from the BE that year. Also, remember the arguments that the big east would be "capped" at 8 bids? good times)

anyway, most of the mocks have us in the 8/9 game right now, and it seems likely the ACC is getting 2 #1 seeds. so we'd probably be sent to play one of the other 2 #1 seeds if we win our first round game Just something i thought of. basically cuts our potential second round opponents in half. either that or we get moved to a 7 or 10 to make the bracket balance. or we play our way off the 8/9 game. so yes. good post.

The first few years after making the change they still kept conferences with 8 teams or less away from each other until the elite 8. While the rules allowed them to have conference teams meet earlier, they made it clear it was not the preference unless they were forced to do so.

Either last year, or the year before, they largely gave up on that preference, and location really stepped to the forefront in the bracket. There were several instances of teams being able to meet in the roudn of 32 and round of 16 (onferences with 8 teams or less), and that would not have happened before.

That being said I don't think they would have a #1 seed play a confrence matte in thr round of 32.

View attachment 154966

Espn needs to hire u...serious

The first few years after making the change they still kept conferences with 8 teams or less away from each other until the elite 8. While the rules allowed them to have conference teams meet earlier, they made it clear it was not the preference unless they were forced to do so.

Either last year, or the year before, they largely gave up on that preference, and location really stepped to the forefront in the bracket. There were several instances of teams being able to meet in the roudn of 32 and round of 16 (onferences with 8 teams or less), and that would not have happened before.

That being said I don't think they would have a #1 seed play a confrence matte in thr round of 32.
It used to be you wouldn’t play a conference opponent till the Elite 8.
However since 2011 the committee changed when the Big East got 11 teams in.
The new rule is conference teams can play any round after the first round now however the way you can play a conference team before the elite 8 is they can only have played 1 time in the regular season.
Thus you can play a second round or sweet 16 game against a conference opponent only if you played one time during the season.
This is how we got Duke in the Sweet 16 last year since we only played them one time in the regular season.
We won’t be grouped with Duke before the Elite 8 this year.
If we play Virginia or North Carolina in the ACC tournament we won’t be grouped with them either.
I hope we play UNC again just so we don’t get put in their way before a potential Elite 8 game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom