Tracking Syracuse vs Other Teams: Mar 1 - Mar 7 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking Syracuse vs Other Teams: Mar 1 - Mar 7

And wow - the Hall closed that game 18-0, going from down 9 to winning by 9.

Not what you'd expect the 16th ranked team in the country to give up.

Think we can say Florida’s bubble officially popped.

Florida with the worst end of game possession I've ever seen coming out of a timeout
College coaching is honestly atrocious.
It’s sad how bad most of these coaches are.
I mean the 1980s Big East coaches were all loaded.
I really think part of the reason the quality of the college basketball has gone down is bad coaching.

Think we can say Florida’s bubble officially popped.
I wouldn't be so quick to burst their bubble. Coming into today, they were ranked ahead of us in the NET rankings (34 vs. 42) and they just had a Q1 loss. They won't fall far.

Granted, they are now 3-10 in Q1 games (compared to our 3-7) and 7-10 in Q1+Q2 games (compared to our 8-10). But if we are a lock, and I believe we are, then Florida is close.

I am hoping LSU can win this game and the SEC tournament then gets a 2 seed and we are in the bracket for the tournament.
LSU would be an interesting matchup - they are elite offensive rebounding and VERY good at getting to the foul line. However they can’t shoot and don’t pass the ball that well. To me that’s a game where they go 6/24 from 3 but out rebound us by 20 and get 30 FTs

While the bubble did well in the opening games right now all of Clemson, Ohio St, and NC St are currently losing. I assume one or two who will win, but all of them would be crucial losses.

They beat UK. They beat nova they are a lock. The bubble landscape changes fast.

The last 12 teams in on the matrix are 3-6 on the week. The landscape for us is not changing that fast.

I would have to say that as of now Clemson is in and Temple is out. Creighton's Q3 win is not enough to move them up.

Obiously a huge win by Seton Hall, but they are not going to jump ahead us based on a win over Marquette, when they were considered out by 37% entering today.

1551931746195.png

While the bubble did well in the opening games right now all of Clemson, Ohio St, and NC St are currently losing. I assume one or two who will win, but all of them would be crucial losses.

NC St. finishes at BC, only downside there. The wolfpack are locked into the noon game next Wednesday vs. Clemson. Loser leaves town match?

NC St. finishes at BC, only downside there. The wolfpack are locked into the noon game next Wednesday vs. Clemson. Loser leaves town match?
I would think N.C. St has a little more margin than Clemson. Tigers probably have to beat us and pack in ACC tourney to stay in convo. I think NC st will be on fence if they beat BC and lose to Clemson

How is Texas that far up: they are 15-13 and under .500 in conference I know ppl are so focused on the metrics and big 12 is a good conf, but that record stinks.
1 thing I need to figure out n make sense of it but the more teams I see on this net whatever it is the more and more confused and less sense it makes. right now I'm not going to make too much of a beef about it because we're in Fairly comfortably but still some of these teams that are in is just mind-boggling to me how they are in. but I guess if it came from the NCAA then you can expect certain things to happen like this ;p

Check out these numbers on NC State
Net 31
RPI 117
SOS 147
NC SOS 352

If this was last year and RPI still in play, they would not even be on the bubble. How in the world can there be an 86 spot difference between RPI and Net? It's obvious the Net can be gamed. JB needs to master it going forward

Check out these numbers on NC State
Net 31
RPI 117
SOS 147
NC SOS 352

If this was last year and RPI still in play, they would not even be on the bubble. How in the world can there be an 86 spot difference between RPI and Net? It's obvious the Net can be gamed. JB needs to master it going forward

The RPI is easier to "game" than the Net. NC State is 40 at Ken Pom fwiw.

That certainly looks like an elimination game. No way the loser of that gets in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom