Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season

do we want Baylor or Texas?

Don't think it matters. Whoever wins, I want them to lose more games down the stretch. Same with whoever loses.

prolly Texas, huh? they're still safely in on the matrix while Baylor is in first 4 out - a road win for Baylor would almost surely vault them over us...
game going into double OT right now

do we want Baylor or Texas?

I just updated by week schedule... I had slept on Baylor entering the mix after beating Kansas this weekend.

Texas is ahead of them, but it's a Quad 1 game for Baylor. So don't know the answer.. ask me in 3 weeks what would have been better

Texas is definetely on a downward trend at 1-4 in the last 5 games.

They are only 5-8 in conference, but no quad 3 or 4 losses, 5 quad one wins. Then again its hard to get a quad 3 loss in the Big 12 when only 1 game qualifies on the entire schedule (Home at Oklahoma St)

Texas is definetely on a downward trend at 1-4 in the last 5 games.

They are only 5-8 in conference, but no quad 3 or 4 losses, 5 quad one wins. Then again its hard to get a quad 3 loss in the Big 12 when only 1 game qualifies on the entire schedule (Home at Oklahoma St)
Big 12 is going to get smoked in the tournament 2003 style.

Big 12 is going to get smoked in the tournament 2003 style.

Think you might be right. They don't have any really bad teams in the conference, but I also don't see anyone that's good enough that I can clearly say is a Final 4 contender. Maybe Texas Tech can go on a run depending on the bracket. Kansas has three transfers sitting out with the Lawson brothers and Charlie Moore and then the Billy Preston deal so their depth is killing them, particularly in the front court.

upload_2018-2-13_20-39-55.png

Georgetown road win has now moved up to Quad Two. No chance it will get any higher due to their laughable OOC schedule.

Updated Post #120 and #121 for Mon-Tues results

I guess two items of substance:
1) Baylor beat Texas (Road win) - They may not be in yet, but they are very close.
2) Nebraska beat Maryland... 11-4 in the BiG with not that hard a path to 14-4. Will they get in if they get to 14-4.

1) Baylor beat Texas (Road win) - They may not be in yet, but they are very close.
2) Nebraska beat Maryland... 11-4 in the BiG with not that hard a path to 14-4. Will they get in if they get to 14-4.
and MD all but done barring an unforseen run

Zero chance a 14-4 b10 conference record gets left out

As long as we technically have a chance of an at large I will continue to track.

Games This Week (MON-THURS),

By Time

9th last in Texas - Mon vs 6th team out Baylor (Quad 2) (LOSS)
6th team out Baylor - Mon vs 9th team in Texas (Quad 1) (WIN)
11th last in Arkansas - Tues at Ole Miss (Quad 3) (WIN)
8th team out Nebraska - Tues vs Maryland (Quad 2) (WIN)
9th team out Maryland - Tues at Nebraska (Quad 1) (LOSS)
4th team out St. Bonaventure Tues at Lasalle (Quad 3) (WIN)
10th team out Oklahoma St - Wed vs Kansas St (Quad 2) (LOSS)
6th last in Virginia Tech - Wed at Duke (Quad 1) LOSS
7th last in Providence - Wed vs Villanova (Quad 1) WIN
4th last in Kansas St - Wed at Oklahoma St (Quad 2) WIN
First team out NC St - Wed at Syracuse (Quad 1) WIN
2nd last in Syracuse - Wed vs NC St (Quad 2) LOSS
Second team out Boise St - Wed vs Nevada (Quad 1) LOSS
10th last in Houston - Thurs vs Cincinnati (Quad 1)
Last in USC - Thurs vs Oregon (Quad 3)
5th Last in UCLA - Thurs vs Oregon St (Quad 3)
3rd last in Washington - Thurs vs Utah (Quad 2)
3rd team out Temple - Thurs at Wichita St (Quad 1)

Last edited:
I’m scared to even look at the list of other teams that have only made the tournament once in the last 4 years. It’s gotta be some very ugly company.

Tonight has been a tough night on many levels:

The most obvious being our loss at home to NC St. 2 bubble teams (Providence + NC ST) had a quad one win... Kansas St won at Oklahoma St which may become a quad one win. If Boise St wins it would be a real bad night.

I think we just dug a ditch that might be too deep :(

Some people on this board will throw out some ridiculous numbers on what we need to do.

In all likelihood, 2 wins in the last 5 + one quad one win in the ACC tourney would be enough. Or 3 wins the rest of the regular season.

Obviously chances of hitting that target are not that good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom