Trevor Lawrence | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Lawrence

the question is how many times was he tested since the game. should have been twice?

You think Tommy could mail a couple (used) swabs for Trevor to give for testing? We need them by tomorrow...

Just looking at the Clemson roster now.
How is it that all the QB backups are freshmen?

Brice transferred to Duke

Batson retired after too many concussions.

I just figured that Clemson is picking up a 4 or 5 star QB every year.

They should hit the transfer portal hard this offseason! (Did I do that correctly?)

Notre Dame had an outbreak and got the ACC to move their game on 9-19 at Wake Forest back to 12-12.

They better understand the same situation from Clemson.

It’s called working together in a pandemic.

ND had up to forty guys in quarantine and isolation.

That is much different than one guy.

That said, I am sure that the ACC will want to move the game.

Question: If only Ian Book had tested positive for Covid and ND wanted to postpone the game, would everyone completely understand and wholeheartedly get behind that idea, including Clemson?

Last edited:

If Syracuse had 40 guys in quarantine, there'd be 40 people on this board who still think we should have enough depth to win 8 games.

Just looking at the Clemson roster now.
How is it that all the QB backups are freshmen?
Wait a second. I thought it was only Dino who had issues with having backup QBs all figured out! Are you telling me that the #1 team in the land and fellow ACC partner Clemson also doesn’t have a backup locked up? I just don’t believe it. This kind of thing only happens to Syracuse!!! ;):rolleyes:

Wait a second. I thought it was only Dino who had issues with having backup QBs all figured out! Are you telling me that the #1 team in the land and fellow ACC partner Clemson also doesn’t have a backup locked up? I just don’t believe it. This kind of thing only happens to Syracuse!!! ;):rolleyes:
They have DJ Uiagalelei, who is a 5 star recruit, #1 QB in the country coming out of high school, and likely the next big thing in CFB after Trevor Lawrence goes pro.

Not sure that comparison is valid here.

Last edited:

Question: If only Ian Book had tested positive for Covid and ND wanted to postpone the game, would everyone completely understand and wholeheartedly get behind that idea, including Clemson?
Yes. For the integrity of the college football playoff.
This season teams to need to do what is right for the whole not their own interest.
Notre Dame can play Wake next week and Clemson in December.

It’s the right thing to do. I don’t think ND will complain if that is what happens.

Yes. For the integrity of the college football playoff.
This season teams to need to do what is right for the whole not their own interest.
Notre Dame can play Wake next week and Clemson in December.

It’s the right thing to do. I don’t think ND will complain if that is what happens.

I agree the game may be moved.

I seriously doubt that there would be this great groundswell of support (here or anywhere in the college football world) for Notre Dame and its request to postpone the game because Ian Book alone tested positive "for the good of the game" or "for the integrity of the college football playoff".

(With Ian Book out and Phil Jurkovic transferred, ND would be left with a sophomore and a true freshman QB who have thrown something like a combined 6 passes between them, so ND would be impacted much more than Clemson with a 5 star sitting on the bench)

Call me cynical, but my impression is that most people would be outraged by the idea and massively against it.

I agree the game may be moved.

I seriously doubt that there would be this great groundswell of support (here or anywhere in the college football world) for Notre Dame and its request to postpone the game because Ian Book alone tested positive "for the good of the game" or "for the integrity of the college football playoff".

Call me cynical, but my impression is that most people would be outraged by the idea and massively against it.
I am not a fan of ND but if their starting QB is out for covid for Clemson and the ACC could make the schedule work and move games around I would 100% support that type of move.

Their has to be some legitimacy.

Now if it’s an injury nope that isn’t enough.
Covid related you would see very little legitimate criticism.
Nobody batted an eye when the Wake game was moved. It was the right to move.

The ACC should move Wake to next week and to accommodate Notre Dame give them home field for the Wake game. Wake is going to lose no matter what. Make them take it for doing right for Clemson. Clemson’s interests > Wake’s interests.

I am not a fan of ND but if their starting QB is out for covid for Clemson and the ACC could make the schedule work and move games around I would 100% support that type of move.

Their has to be some legitimacy.

Now if it’s an injury nope that isn’t enough.
Covid related you would see very little legitimate criticism.
Nobody batted an eye when the Wake game was moved. It was the right to move.

The ACC should move Wake to next week and to accommodate Notre Dame give them home field for the Wake game. Wake is going to lose no matter what. Make them take it for doing right for Clemson. Clemson’s interests > Wake’s interests.

I suspect that you would be in a very small minority of college football fans in that scenario.

There was a ton of other teams' fan complaints when the ND/Wake game was moved.

They wanted ND to forfeit the game instead with 40 guys out.

I don’t see why they need to move the game, tbh. I think the ACC can safely bet that Clemson wins all their remaining games outside ND. If Trevor doesn’t play and they lose, or they lose after he comes back with zero practice off COVID, I highly doubt the committee leaves out Clemson, provided they win the ACCCG.

I don’t see why they need to move the game, tbh. I think the ACC can safely bet that Clemson wins all their remaining games outside ND. If Trevor doesn’t play and they lose, or they lose after he comes back with zero practice off COVID, I highly doubt the committee leaves out Clemson, provided they win the ACCCG.
How does the committee give ND credit if they beat a Lawrence less Clemson in South Bend then loses to Clemson in Charlotte with Lawrence.

Their is one playoff spot wide open.
Georgia, Florida, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Oregon want fairness.

Notre Dame gets screwed if they get left out of CFP because Lawrence had Covid if they beat them.

The ACC can move Wake-Notre Dame from 12-12 to 11-7.
Then move Notre Dame-Clemson to 12-12 keep the legitimacy of both games.
It’s an easy solution to avoid the ND-Clemson game in South Bend a game the playoff committee can properly weigh.

They have DJ Uiagalelei, who is a 5 star recruit, #1 QB in the country coming out of high school, and likely the next big thing in CFB after Trevor Lawrence goes pro.

Not sure that comparison is valid here.
It’s roster management right? All I am doing is poking fun a bit. I hear ya, it’s just always doom for some on this board and listen roster management challenges can happen to anyone.

It’s roster management right? All I am doing is poking fun a bit. I hear ya, it’s just always doom for some on this board and listen roster management challenges can happen to anyone.
You realize that kid is a 5 star prospect and top 10 recruit in his class and enrolled early at Clemson.
It’s not poor roster management.
He would be starting here and would be our best NFL prospect since Chandler Jones and probably Frenney.

How does the committee give ND credit if they beat a Lawrence less Clemson in South Bend then loses to Clemson in Charlotte with Lawrence.

Their is one playoff spot wide open.
Georgia, Florida, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Oregon want fairness.

Notre Dame gets screwed if they get left out of CFP because Lawrence had Covid if they beat them.

The ACC can move Wake-Notre Dame from 12-12 to 11-7.
Then move Notre Dame-Clemson to 12-12 keep the legitimacy of both games.
It’s an easy solution to avoid the ND-Clemson game in South Bend a game the playoff committee can properly weigh.
Actually, from a 2 ACC spot CFP perspective, you may be right.

ND may be served better to have it moved, given the B1G is getting one team, Big XII likely nobody (Ok St, meh) and PAC... just no. SEC is going to be Bama. Georgia, Florida and A&M can’t beat them.

ND likely won’t get CFP credit for the win, if they lose to Clemson in the rematch.

Could a 1 loss North Carolina sneak into the ACCCG if Clemson loses to ND? That would be a nightmare scenario. I don’t know how tie breakers works with no head to head (higher ranked?)

Last edited:
Any chance that Trevor Lawrence gets Wally Pipped? This is outrageous and honestly I only watch Clemson in the playoffs and when they play us so it is not a complete sample size. He is good but I am not getting the Tank for Trevor narrative. I swear this isn't a troll post. It would be interesting if D.J. Uiagalelei comes in and has amazing performances against BC and ND. Saban pulled Jalen Hurts in the championship game. Just food for thought!

You realize that kid is a 5 star prospect and top 10 recruit in his class and enrolled early at Clemson.
It’s not poor roster management.
He would be starting here and would be our best NFL prospect since Chandler Jones and probably Frenney.
So everything is going to go perfectly in the game for him cuz he is a five star? Sure we would like to have him, who wouldn’t? Don’t tell me though that Dabo wouldn’t want a more seasoned QB to step in right now during their perfect season though because thats pure bs. He is going to roll the dice and hope the young kid produces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom