Trevor Lawrence | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Lawrence

Any chance that Trevor Lawrence gets Wally Pipped? This is outrageous and honestly I only watch Clemson in the playoffs and when they play us so it is not a complete sample size. He is good but I am not getting the Tank for Trevor narrative. I swear this isn't a troll post. It would be interesting if D.J. Uiagalelei comes in and has amazing performances against BC and ND. Saban pulled Jalen Hurts in the championship game. Just food for thought!
I put those chances pretty low, and these are probably just H0T Takes from people looking for attention, but there’s been rumblings from some “apparently” close to the program that Trevor Lawrence is not the best QB on that team.

Any chance that Trevor Lawrence gets Wally Pipped? This is outrageous and honestly I only watch Clemson in the playoffs and when they play us so it is not a complete sample size. He is good but I am not getting the Tank for Trevor narrative. I swear this isn't a troll post. It would be interesting if D.J. Uiagalelei comes in and has amazing performances against BC and ND. Saban pulled Jalen Hurts in the championship game. Just food for thought!
Trevor Lawrence is Peyton Manning on the football field with athleticism.

The only issue is how smart is he in film room. Manning’s greatness is in the film room and figuring out what the defense is doing pre-snap.

Give Lawrence a non-Adam Gaze HC or chitty GM like Andrew Luck got he is worth tanking for.
Best NFL prospect since Luck and Indy ruined Luck with how they didn’t protect with an OL till the damage was done.

So everything is going to go perfectly in the game for him cuz he is a five star? Sure we would like to have him, who wouldn’t? Don’t tell me though that Dabo wouldn’t want a more seasoned QB to step in right now during their perfect season though because thats pure bs. He is going to roll the dice and hope the young kid produces.
Clemson could beat Boston College with Rex Culpepper this weekend.
Their running game and defense are good enough for that.

They can’t beat Notre Dame on the road a legit top 10 team with their backup though.

I put those chances pretty low, and these are probably just H0T Takes from people looking for attention, but there’s been rumblings from some “apparently” close to the program that Trevor Lawrence is not the best QB on that team.
I haven't heard those rumblings. A lot of people think that DJ can be special but he's not there yet.

They can’t beat Notre Dame on the road a legit top 10 team with their backup though.
Completely true but thats a different subject.

How does the committee give ND credit if they beat a Lawrence less Clemson in South Bend then loses to Clemson in Charlotte with Lawrence.

Their is one playoff spot wide open.
Georgia, Florida, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Oregon want fairness.

Notre Dame gets screwed if they get left out of CFP because Lawrence had Covid if they beat them.

The ACC can move Wake-Notre Dame from 12-12 to 11-7.
Then move Notre Dame-Clemson to 12-12 keep the legitimacy of both games.
It’s an easy solution to avoid the ND-Clemson game in South Bend a game the playoff committee can properly weigh.

by no means do I want this to happen to him or any other kid, but they move the game and Ian Book ends up getting the virus a week before it, well, our friend Kelly might just spontaneously combust.

by no means do I want this to happen to him or any other kid, but they move the game and Ian Book ends up getting the virus a week before it, well, our friend Kelly might just spontaneously combust.
If that happens then postpone the game.
I am figuring Clemson will win every other game.
Notre Dame at North Carolina will decide the other ACC title berth by then. If Nd beat UNC give Book a week to get healthy and they play 1 time for all the marbles in Charlotte.

Clemson can lose 1 game and make the CFB they have built up enough equity with the voters.

Notre Dame needs to beat Clemson one of 2 potential times to get in.

I am saying postpone next week because their is a viable alternative with moving Wake from 12-12 to 11-7.

If Wake wasn’t off 11-7 then I would say sorry Clemson but their is an alternative thus use it.

Trevor Lawrence is Peyton Manning on the football field with athleticism.

The only issue is how smart is he in film room. Manning’s greatness is in the film room and figuring out what the defense is doing pre-snap.

Give Lawrence a non-Adam Gaze HC or chitty GM like Andrew Luck got he is worth tanking for.
Best NFL prospect since Luck and Indy ruined Luck with how they didn’t protect with an OL till the damage was done.
As a Bills fan, it’s going to be rough going from loving everything about who Trevor Lawrence is as a person, to figuring out a way to hate him when the Jets take him as a hostage with the #1 pick.

As a Bills fan, it’s going to be rough going from loving everything about who Trevor Lawrence is, to figuring out a way to hate him when the Jets take him as a hostage with the #1 pick.
Read somewhere, espn maybe that Lawrence may stick around. He would not be the first QB to force a trade. Jets coaching and management are dumpster fires. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

As a Bills fan, it’s going to be rough going from loving everything about who Trevor Lawrence is, to figuring out a way to hate him when the Jets take him as a hostage with the #1 pick.
I don’t think Lawrence will be a Jet.
My guess is a Jaguar or WFT.

Jets know he is threatening to go back to college because of them. They will trade the pick if Lawrence pushes the issue and I think he will.
Jaguars have 2 first round picks this year, 2 high second rounds picks this year and could throw in 1 or 2 more future first round picks to get it done.
They have the ammo.
My guess is Lawrence is a Jaguar next year.

Rooting for Clemson to win it all. I’ll root ACC as it brings money to Cuse and I find Clemson full of likable players over the past few years. Deshaun’s my favorite non Cuse ACC player.

Hope Trevor returns as soon as permitted and Clemson beats Notre Dame, without him if necessary, 10000 to -3

Their backup qb is pretty good, and I am not all that impressed with Nd, they barely beat Lville and the Fsu game was close for a half. They even struggled with Duke a bit.

This will not happen, unless Clemson gets an abundance of positive tests.

First of all, Clemson’s backup QB is good. He’s the #1 ranked QB in his class. Not meant as an insult, but it’s not Chase Brice. And they’ll still be favored at ND.

Second, the game is super alluring, but means little, unless Clemson gets throttled (say a 20+ point loss), as they’ll be allowed to redeem themselves with Lawrence in the ACC Championship Game. Win that, and they’re Playoff bound anyhow.
I think the back up QB is going to be fine. I think they run it this year better anyway and that kid is a stud. I think they will be fine.

ND had up to forty guys in quarantine and isolation.

That is much different than one guy.

That said, I am sure that the ACC will want to move the game.

Question: If only Ian Book had tested positive for Covid and ND wanted to postpone the game, would everyone completely understand and wholeheartedly get behind that idea, including Clemson?
No but welcome to the ACC - the southern schools look after their own. It is part of the deal non Southern members gulp and accept fair or not.

Jets know he is threatening to go back to college because of them. They will trade the pick if Lawrence pushes the issue and I think he will.
Jaguars have 2 first round picks this year, 2 high second rounds picks this year and could throw in 1 or 2 more future first round picks to get it done.
They have the ammo.
If the Jets get the number one pick and they have to trade it, that would be a disaster for that franchise, they might not be able to survive it. They have to do everything they can to sell to the kid that they are moving in the right direction.

I think the backup is a stud athlete but really will struggle with Ds that confuse him. Now it helps that generally the Clemson Oline doesnt allow a ton of pressure and the WRs are running wide open.

If the Jets get the number one pick and they have to trade it, that would be a disaster for that franchise, they might not be able to survive it. They have to do everything they can to sell to the kid that they are moving in the right direction.
What leverage did Eli have?
He didn’t want to play in San Diego and got himself traded.

If Lawrence pushes the envelope he will get himself traded.

Jets fans like being miserable and chitty on their own team. Plus many know they would ruin Lawrence like they have Darnold.
If the Jags gave 4 picks this year in the top 40 and 2 other future first round picks that is enough to build depth.
Jacksonville needs a star and this trade doesn’t completely wipe them out as they stocked a lot of picks.

I think DJ did a similar thing in high school - Wally Pipped a big time recruit. Won't happen here, but the kid is going to be a handful in my opinion. Much bigger loss for Clemson if Etienne goes out. they are thin at RB.

What leverage did Eli have?
He didn’t want to play in San Diego and got himself traded.

If Lawrence pushes the envelope he will get himself traded.

Jets fans like being miserable and chitty on their own team. Plus many know they would ruin Lawrence like they have Darnold.
If the Jags gave 4 pick this year in the top 40 and 2 other first round picks that is enough to build depth.
Jacksonville needs a star and this trade doesn’t completely wipe them out as they stocked a lot of picks.
He was a Manning, his brother was a legendary qb and his father was a nfl qb respected by everyone. Lawrence has some leverage not as much as Eli. The Jets have to get Lawrence from their standpoint. I think it could kill Joe Beningo.

I think DJ did a similar thing in high school - Wally Pipped a big time recruit. Won't happen here, but the kid is going to be a handful in my opinion. Much bigger loss for Clemson if Etienne goes out. they are thin at RB.
Yup - he did that on the show QB1

He was a Manning, his brother was a legendary qb and his father was a nfl qb respected by everyone. Lawrence has some leverage not as much as Eli. The Jets have to get Lawrence from their standpoint. I think it could kill Joe Beningo.
Lawrence has more leverage than Eli.
He can go back to school.
Eli couldn’t.
Eli was a baby who did what his dad told him to do.
Archie didn’t want Eli in the AFC so he became the public face of why Eli didn’t want to go to San Diego.
He didn’t want his sons to have go thru each other and wanted Eli in the NFC.

He had no leverage. Lawrence has leverage I doubt Lawrence is a Jet next year.

They have the ammo.

I would think that JVille will have a new coach and GM next year as well. Jets will have a new coach but there GM- Joe Douglas isn't going anywhere soon

Lawrence has more leverage than Eli.
He can go back to school.
Eli couldn’t.
Eli was a baby who did what his dad told him to do.
Archie didn’t want Eli in the AFC so he became the public face of why Eli didn’t want to go to San Diego.
He didn’t want his sons to have go thru each other and wanted Eli in the NFC.

He had no leverage. Lawrence has leverage I doubt Lawrence is a Jet next year.
I really dont get the feeling he wants to come back next year, esp if he wins the heisman and they win another title. The Jets need to do everything they can to sell they will make the right moves going forward and call his bluff if he says he won't play for them.

I'm pretty sure he's coming out. What would happen if the Jets refuse to trade him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom