True Story | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

True Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
The late JT did the radio broadcasts for the 1st four here in Dayton. As much as I hate GTown, JT was one of the nicest gentlemen. Everything was please and thank you. He was super nice to everyone there regardless of who they were. 100% class act. He would go out of his way to help people like setting up tables and moving chairs. Very humble man.

The late JT did the radio broadcasts for the 1st four here in Dayton. As much as I hate GTown, JT was one of the nicest gentlemen. Everything was please and thank you. He was super nice to everyone there regardless of who they were. 100% class act. He would go out of his way to help people like setting up tables and moving chairs. Very humble man.
Well... crap. I don’t want to hear that. Sheesh!

My John T story is just a silly little tale. In the height of our hatred for G-Town, I went to the Boston College G-town game at B.C. This was in their old gym and it really was nothing more than a high school gym. Anyway, at halftime, G-town comes out and as they are shooting around, a very pretty B.C. Cheerleader walks by Big John. He gives her the once over and his eyes drift up to me as I am standing in the balcony over looking the floor. I just shake my head disappointingly at him. Of course, I was looking at the cheerleader as well, but he didn't see that part.

Yes, the facts were hard for me to take. But they’re true. Still hate GTown.

I worked with a consultant who played for Huggin’s dad with Bob Huggins in high school. He said that Bob Huggins was a great kid, stellar student and excellent basketball player. He said that the entire team felt so badly for Bob - his dad treated him horribly. He said he humiliated, screamed at him constantly, picked on him, threw him out of practices and he took it all. He said Huggins dad was really tough on all of them but merciless to his son. He said Bob was an unbelievably tough kid to handle it as well as he did. He said Bob is a great guy, smart and funny.

This guy played D1 ball too but at a lower level, was younger than Bob. He said Huggin’s dad was a very good coach but over the top with Bob. No one wished that they were the coach’s son in practice less go home at night with him.

Misunderstood? She said Hitler was good at the beginning but went too far. There is another word for that. And it isn't misunderstood. As for Pete, ever been in a major league clubhouse? I have. There are signs everywhere that say don't gamble. It is the one mortal sin in baseball. Rose is fine where he is at.
Cooperstown is full of drunks, wife beaters and racists. As a player he belongs without doubt. add a disclaimer to his plague to drive home your point about betting, but find a place for him.

My John T story is just a silly little tale. In the height of our hatred for G-Town, I went to the Boston College G-town game at B.C. This was in their old gym and it really was nothing more than a high school gym. Anyway, at halftime, G-town comes out and as they are shooting around, a very pretty B.C. Cheerleader walks by Big John. He gives her the once over and his eyes drift up to me as I am standing in the balcony over looking the floor. I just shake my head disappointingly at him. Of course, I was looking at the cheerleader as well, but he didn't see that part.
Weird they didn’t feel like upgrading when they built a new one

I'm curious to why you would say that and not just ignore it yourself?
Because ive spent countless hours on this forum, its a large part of my life, and its shameful to talk about another coach that way, provided his habit hasn’t impacted anyone negatively from what I can tell.

If the worse thing about you is miss a connection because you have a penchant to drink, then shut your mouth.

did you see the end of the wvu game last night? His entire team hugged him. Isnt that whats important?

Because ive spent countless hours on this forum, its a large part of my life, and its shameful to talk about another coach that way, provided his habit hasn’t impacted anyone negatively from what I can tell.

If the worse thing about you is miss a connection because you have a penchant to drink, then shut your mouth.

did you see the end of the wvu game last night? His entire team hugged him. Isnt that whats important?
Well if he has had a DUI I’d say that’s impacting negatively.Most people who have a DUI have drove hundreds of times drunk.

It's one of the things that are important, sure. he seems like a good guy. But this is a message board. And if it's true, that is always an absolute defense. I seem to remember that this is the second time that you have asked to have a thread removed that you found distasteful. I hope that doesn't become the board standard. If you don't like a thread, don't post on it. If you don't enjoy a posters posts, put them on ignore. But to have others who may want to read it be censored by you or me, that doesn't seem the right thing to do to me. By the way, driving under the influence is one of the worst things you can do in our society. It is deadly. And it is not to be made light of.

And yet I’m here reading this thread and it seems to me people are actually saying much more good than bad about him .. not sure why you think this is a straight negative portrayal

I met Pete Rose at his restaurant in Boca, when he was doing a radio show there. I interrupted him and some dude at a table for an autograph, then I asked him if he could reply to a few questions with 1 word answers, I wanted to get his impression of a few things. He said sure. So I said Texas Rangers, he said flash in the pan. I said Lou Pinella, who was managing the Reds. He replied, umm ok? With a question mark, which I found interesting. I then said Marge Scott. His reply was "misunderstood" so there's my Pete and Marge story. Dude belongs in the hall of fame. LGO!!!
It's funny that you mention both Pete and sweet Lou because both of them actually hit on my sister. not at the same time or place. Lou asked her to go back to his room and Pete wanted her and her friends to join him at his pool party. She was also hit on by Ben Rothlisberger(sp) who she said was the creepiest because she told him that she was married and he kept on doing it.

Cooperstown is full of drunks, wife beaters and racists. As a player he belongs without doubt. add a disclaimer to his plague to drive home your point about betting, but find a place for him.
drunks, wife beaters and racists are disgusting but they didn't do something that nearly ended the game years back. and could still do so. He knew he couldn't bet on games and he did it anyway. What is the difference between the WWE and MLB? It is that the mlb game you watch is on the up and up. Anyone that read the Dowd report knows he should never get in the Hall or be welcome back to the game. Is it a shame, YES. but is it the right thing to do? Yes.

I worked with a consultant who played for Huggin’s dad with Bob Huggins in high school. He said that Bob Huggins was a great kid, stellar student and excellent basketball player. He said that the entire team felt so badly for Bob - his dad treated him horribly. He said he humiliated, screamed at him constantly, picked on him, threw him out of practices and he took it all. He said Huggins dad was really tough on all of them but merciless to his son. He said Bob was an unbelievably tough kid to handle it as well as he did. He said Bob is a great guy, smart and funny.

This guy played D1 ball too but at a lower level, was younger than Bob. He said Huggin’s dad was a very good coach but over the top with Bob. No one wished that they were the coach’s son in practice less go home at night with him.
Sounds like the Great Santini.

It's one of the things that are important, sure. he seems like a good guy. But this is a message board. And if it's true, that is always an absolute defense. I seem to remember that this is the second time that you have asked to have a thread removed that you found distasteful. I hope that doesn't become the board standard. If you don't like a thread, don't post on it. If you don't enjoy a posters posts, put them on ignore. But to have others who may want to read it be censored by you or me, that doesn't seem the right thing to do to me. By the way, driving under the influence is one of the worst things you can do in our society. It is deadly. And it is not to be made light of.
Yes, I agree with you, nothing should ever be censored.

And yet I’m here reading this thread and it seems to me people are actually saying much more good than bad about him .. not sure why you think this is a straight negative portrayal

im opposed to the original post, which is degrading and bullshit

Not degrading nor BS. Sad is how I feel. I have seen several severe alcoholics during my career before I retired. Each was sad and ended badly except one.

I like Huggy. I think his players like him, and he's a good coach.

I never liked Marge Schott or Johnny Bench. Wouldn't mind hearing a negative Bench story :)

I like him too, but I was a little creeped out when that player got hurt on one of his best teams, and he took his face in both hands, as they both cried on the floor. I swear I thought he was gonna kiss him.

Im not sure whatever other post your talking about but the mods delete stuff all the time. Surely you arent suggesting something should never be deleted. Did someone discuss drinking and driving or did I miss that? if you think this type of trash should be posted, then I learned something about you.

Im not sure whatever other post your talking about but the mods delete stuff all the time. Surely you arent suggesting something should never be deleted. Did someone discuss drinking and driving or did I miss that? if you think this type of trash should be posted, then I learned something about you.
What I think is that censorship is not a good thing. You have twice requested a thread be deleted when you could have just ignored it. As I said above, truth is an absolute defense. What you should learn about me is that I am willing to let posters decide whether they want to read something or not. Are there exceptions? Yes. Namely hate talk. This wasn't that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom