Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys seem to be taking this somewhat in stride, but I'm going to throw in the "end of days" view. This is devastating. Even with a crappy D corps again next year, Tucker and the new blood had the potential to be so deadly that we would be able to give up 20 and still win (yeah- I'm exaggerating slightly, but you get the point)

Much worse though is that I'm sure recruits are already questioning whether they'd get more out of watching GG highlight videos than they would from playing for him. This has the potential to solidify that view.

Lastly, this has the potential to quickly have a cascading effect. We may now lose even more talent to the portal and at some point, you have to imagine that the Spallina's will start to wonder if the program can be turned around, even with their help.

On the other hand, this may just be Tucker reacting to the Dome's name change, in which case I wholeheartedly agree with him.

Being a syracuse sports fan is the biggest piece of crap decision I have ever made in my life. And I have made plenty of bad decisions. This has been nothing but pure pain and suffering since like 2013.

Embrace the suck. This is a saying and a way of life from my Army days when we were in some hell hole. Always sweaty, dirty, tired, hungry, in pain, with no end in sight. Much like being an SU sports fan these days.

Right move on his part. Hurts bad but it’s not fair to him that he should be stuck in another rebuilding year. Fantastic player I’m very glad to have had a chance to watch him all these years.

I think next years team with Tucker is fighting for a tournament spot but not contending for a championships by any means.

Hard year, Happy he gets to go somewhere where he can find the team success he most likely wouldn’t find at Syracuse next year. I’d be shocked if he went to a team Syracuse plays next year. Doesn’t seem like that kind of young man but I could be wrong.

That’s it the end of the great players from the Desko era (I feel like we can grandfather Hiltz in to the Gait era). Time for the next generation! I think realistically we have 2 more harder years ahead but I see the light…. maybe.

I thought about UVA but I guess it depends on whether or not he wants to play middie or attack. For some reason I just didn't see it as a fit even though he probably could slide right in as you noted.

Denver is interesting if he wants to be a lot closer to home. If its a ring he's after doesn't seem to be a great fit.
My first thought was Denver as well - Maryland if he's chasing a ring. But he doesn't impress me as the kind of kid who would just chase a ring...I think he just wants to win. I mean the kid plays like every game is his last. Denver doesn't seem to be a team that is one or two players away, I just can't see him going to another ACC team, and he doesn't really seem like an Ivy League type of kid.

This decision makes some sense if he really believes we are in a re-build, but is transferring really the answer? Would not at all be surprised if at the end of the day he just moves on to the PLL

Losing Tucker for next year definitely hurts, no doubt about it. Losing Curry and him takes your two best offensive players away. I do think this opens up the potential for SU to hit the portal themselves for a middie as the attack (assuming no other major portal losses) will be Hiltz, Spallina and Birtwistle. Middie looks like a major question mark right now and will need to be backfilled with a transfer or 2 and hope that a younger guy can break out a bit.
F/O deserves the biggest off season attention in the portal. Without someone to replace Phaup you can write off next season with or without a quality first midfield line

You guys seem to be taking this somewhat in stride, but I'm going to throw in the "end of days" view. This is devastating. Even with a crappy D corps again next year, Tucker and the new blood had the potential to be so deadly that we would be able to give up 20 and still win (yeah- I'm exaggerating slightly, but you get the point)

Much worse though is that I'm sure recruits are already questioning whether they'd get more out of watching GG highlight videos than they would from playing for him. This has the potential to solidify that view.

Lastly, this has the potential to quickly have a cascading effect. We may now lose even more talent to the portal and at some point, you have to imagine that the Spallina's will start to wonder if the program can be turned around, even with their help.

On the other hand, this may just be Tucker reacting to the Dome's name change, in which case I wholeheartedly agree with him.
I was just researching the 2016 RPI, and UVa was #26 that year with a 7-8 record.

We had Tucker at the beginning or the year and Tucker at the end of the year with a dip in the middle ( hope not) now it looks like it could be (hope not) straight down hill.

All the kids that aren't ACC level talent will get "The Talk".

Which means a lot of them.
My first thought was Denver as well - Maryland if he's chasing a ring. But he doesn't impress me as the kind of kid who would just chase a ring...I think he just wants to win. I mean the kid plays like every game is his last. Denver doesn't seem to be a team that is one or two players away, I just can't see him going to another ACC team, and he doesn't really seem like an Ivy League type of kid.

This decision makes some sense if he really believes we are in a re-build, but is transferring really the answer? Would not at all be surprised if at the end of the day he just moves on to the PLL
Let's be honest - this is an indictment of the coaching staff IMO. If he really liked the coaches and believed the incoming talent is for real, he would stay. The fact that he announced mid-season that he was coming back and then says the day after the last game he is leaving is what you would do when you are not happy!
Hiltz has to be wondering what he should do - he is in a great position to pick among the very best teams and offer them 3 years of his excellence. Hiltz has also been on the inside and will be able to assess the coaches, although he doesn't know how the freshman class will preform.

Well poo...
I don't blame the kid one year left to try to win it all and his chances at SU are slim at best
Best of luck
(doesn't mean I like it)

Being 24 I remember going to Cuse lax games 08-09 and just being in awe, wanting to be like those players. It continued through the early 2010s traveling to every ACC tourney and championship weekend. Now in the last 3 years my fanhood has been kicked and punched down to the dirt... Like what am I supposed to root for? Hoping we keep the game close? I hope Wildhack is proud of what he's done to our programs... Absolute joke we have become.

Unfortunately this was going to happen and this is the best move for the kid. He no longer has anyone in his class with him and knows he’s not going to win. It’s just a matter of time before there are other names from cuse in the portal

I wish Tuck the best! Unbelievable talent and great guy. It will be interesting to see where he lands. -I recall him saying he would like to get his MBA, so maybe it's Georgetown, Denver or Maryland? From a lax style of play perspective Rutgers maybe an option.

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but the '08 team was riddled with Freshman/Sophomores.The portal can also be a great equalizer as well all know.

Blow it up. Gives the young kids more run. This is and always was a 3/4 year rebuild.

We try and make a go by hitting the portal, there'll be plenty of good midfielders looking for PT. The attack will be fine, just young.

Offensively, we averaged (rounding) 13.4 gpg and gave up 14.7. There is bigger work to do on defense - and find a goalie.

Indeed we lose our top 3 scorers but return 3 of 6. (2 attack, 1 mid).

Of the top 3 we lost, Seebold is replaceable (barely top 150 in scoring). Curry (my favorite player) and Dordevic are hard to replace but seniors come and go. You have to replace guys like this every year.

Hiltz isn't going to transfer

I'm hearing Georgetown has quickly emerged as the frontunner in the Dordy sweepstakes

I see Duke sadly
GT UVA wound be my next guesses
All 3 fantastic graduate programs but I’m going with Duke

Being a syracuse sports fan is the biggest piece of crap decision I have ever made in my life. And I have made plenty of bad decisions. This has been nothing but pure pain and suffering since like 2013.
That's why I never take it for granted when we have a good season in football with a bowl or a good hoops/lax season with a nice NCAA run. Yes, it's been tough go for all 3 for various reasons (bubble basketball years, seems like every one) for awhile now. But I celebrate the good years. You just don't know when the next good one is coming!

Hiltz isn't going to transfer

I'm hearing Georgetown has quickly emerged as the frontunner in the Dordy sweepstakes

G-town has become a hot landing spot for transfers with Bowen and others coming in last fall. With the academics it would sense and G-town does return a lot next year.

Yikes, at least one Tucker is sticking around

Well I thought this season couldn’t get any worse. Turns out I was wrong. Obviously this looks very bad in the staff. If he hadn’t said anything mid season I don’t think anyone would be shocked. But after a six game losing streak and rumors of dysfunction, it just looks even worse. That was a nice statement by Dordevic, but I don’t really buy that he believes in this staff.

Not trying to say anything that others haven’t. I’m in the doctah Lexus camp and have to say this is a very bad sign. As a program SU shouldn’t be losing kids like Tucker, they should be attracting them. Now what sort of pitch are the coaches going to make to transfers? I would think we are out of the running for most fifth year guys.

I’m wondering if this means the “seniors”, guys like Cook, Fiorini and Magnan are as good as gone. I don’t really buy the 6 years is a long time at one place argument since we just saw Kennedy do the same.

From an outsiders perspective it definitely looks like Gait is trying to blame the players he inherited. He doesn’t take any responsibility in press conferences. If he thinks all will be solved by a one group of freshmen, then I think he’s in for a rude awakening. I think he’ll rue the fact he didn’t try harder with this group.

Lastly, without Dordevic you have very few dodging options on offense. Established ones you have Corsi and that might be it. Spallina comes in and will almost be guaranteed a starting spot, but is he supposed to shoulder the entire load when it comes to breaking down a defense? He now will almost certainly draw other teams too defenseman. As good as he is that will be a very tough transition, one that would have been made a whole lot easier with Dordevic by his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom