Tucker | Syracusefan.com

Tucker

Every time he has a decent run he asks to come out. There’s obviously something wrong.
Correct. He’s banged up and it’s obvious. And he’s better banged up than his backups, because, get this, he’s one of the top 5 RB’s in college football.

We aren’t Alabama and we don’t have that depth. So some of the commentary I see is mind numbing.

Correct. He’s banged up and it’s obvious. And he’s better banged up than his backups, because, get this, he’s one of the top 5 RB’s in college football.

We aren’t Alabama and we don’t have that depth. So some of the commentary I see is mind numbing.
Probably. Then use him.

We were in a game against a very good team at their home until the end.
If we can win out, and go to the Orange Bowl and play well with a possible win.
Then the portal is open, and we should be a destination school next year for players wanting to be part of a great team.

He averaged over 10 yards per carry.

But he did call to come out. And he did call to come out last year on some key 3rd downs as well.

We should be rotating at the RB position throughout the game, and make sure Tucker is fresh for the key situations. It's a Dino philosophy that a RB who is "on" should play the whole game, but this, like his 2 minute decision strategy, should be retired.

Last edited:
Dino in the post-game said we were running a lot of read-option and Clemson kept taking the RB. I had to listen to the game on the radio so I don't know if that's accurate

One of the plays he came out early in the game he was obviously in a lot of pain. No reason to make it worse when one game by itself isn't more important than the remaining games combined.

Dino in the post-game said we were running a lot of read-option and Clemson kept taking the RB. I had to listen to the game on the radio so I don't know if that's accurate

That doesn't seem right. Shrader was not running a lot and wasn't pulling the ball back from Tucker.

I mean, if he's healthy enough to get the ball then you've got to find ways to give him the ball more. If he's not healthy enough to get the ball, then you've got to put someone in there who can take some handoffs at some point.

"Our guy is really good but he's too hurt to run the ball so we have to leave him in because he's good but never give him the ball because he's too hurt," makes NO sense unless they're respecting him so much as a decoy it's opening other stuff up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom