Tucker | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tucker

Are you nervous that Shrader calls his own number too much, and it could be wearing him down as the game goes on?

That's something I kept wondering on Saturday.
Yes. I dont mind read options that are designed for him to run outside. The ones that he keeps inside the tackles I get nervous about. Those can definitely wear him down and make him less effective in the last half of the season.

Wonder if Anae should throw in a triple option wrinkle with rolling Tucker and Allen at the same time? That could wreck havoc on ND’s defense.
Actually if they were over committing to Shrader, if Tucker was a decoy that was no longer working, and they didn't trust the other RBs, one option would be to bring in Allen and run a read option with a wrinkle: a third option in the form of an end around back to the RB side.

The risk is that if that side of the OL gets blown up it's a big negative play, but if it hits, it's probably hitting for 10+ yards.

Thery quit playing the RB and were totally selling out to stop Shrader, they made an adjustment at the half because they realized his carries were what had hurt them the most. You seem to think defenses can not situationally adjust their reads to what happens in the game. Tucker was not getting the ball and they no longer read that he would/might. You think they might have realized he was being used as a decoy?

Yep. And, going into the locker room at halftime, Dabo was interviewed by Molly McGrath and was adamant about their mistake riddled first half with turnovers and "self-inflicted" wounds along with not executing their defensive game plan in staying on Shrader. It appears Dabo's guys clearly got the message loud and clear and simply carried out the original game plan to a T in the second half.

We failed to adjust in any way, shape or form, even with Dabo broadcasting it live for all to see.

I know they see Allen and Price in practice every day, but if your star running back is hurt, you have to give the other guys a chance to see what they can do in game time situations. If they don’t produce after given the opportunities, then take them out the game. It would be nice to have Jarveon Howard right now to back up Sean.
Yeah. I would hope one of them would at least be serviceable. I get that they're not Tucker. I was thinking the same thing about Howard. I have to believe he would be getting carries if he were here.

He's been tapping out all year and he did it last year to. People seem to forget Tucker being banged up and having some inquires in his first two season as well.

Where are we as a program if we don't have a capable #2 or even #3 back.

He's gotten his most work this season against the two worst teams - UConn and Wagner.

Louisville - 21 carries
UConn - 27 carries
Purdue - 18 carries
Virginia - 21 carries
Wagner - 23 carries
NC State - 14 carries
Clemson - 5 carries (averaged over 10 yards a carry)

Other RBs
Louisville - Allen 3
UConn - Allen 7
Purdue -
Virginia - Allen 1
Wagner - Allen 4 / Price 5
NC State -
Clemson - Allen 1
Interesting stuff...

Gotta be hard to win the Heisman, and / or make it to the NFL if you tap out of games like this.

I forget last year I guess. I assume he was exiting games after 150+ yards & 20ish carries, and everyone was like 'well deserved rest'.

He has taken a lot of ugly hits this year, and it started from the first game. So, the injuries are understandable. Just interesting to see G Williams not play with them, and Tucker play with them. Must be a different injury???

Interesting stuff...

Gotta be hard to win the Heisman, and / or make it to the NFL if you tap out of games like this.

I forget last year I guess. I assume he was exiting games after 150+ yards & 20ish carries, and everyone was like 'well deserved rest'.

He has taken a lot of ugly hits this year, and it started from the first game. So, the injuries are understandable. Just interesting to see G Williams not play with them, and Tucker play with them. Must be a different injury???
Huh. He tapped out of games last year mainly because we used him so much and it was up to him to say when he needed a breather or maybe got banged up. This year he is playing hurt/injured and needs to tap out. Has nothing effect on him making it to the NFL.

Huh. He tapped out of games last year mainly because we used him so much and it was up to him to say when he needed a breather or maybe got banged up. This year he is playing hurt/injured and needs to tap out. Has nothing effect on him making it to the NFL.

It will affect his draft position, which will affect his $.

Of course he will 'make it' to the NFL.

It will affect his draft position, which will affect his $.

Of course he will 'make it' to the NFL.
It'll be interesting to see what happens. Obviously they'll be privy to what has limited him this year. They may be impressed with what he has been able to do with health limitations and they know what he can do when healthy based on last year. If he impresses at the combine, who knows?

When did I say defenses can’t adjust? I was explaining how read options work. I didn’t say anything about it being unstoppable. If Im explaining a iso play and how the FB is suppose to block the LB. Is that telling you it should work every time?
Well thanks for the unneeded , unwanted instruction then. From now on keep it to yourself. I alresdy know/knew how the read is suppose to work. Has nothing to do with a defense changing how it plays against it.

Well thanks for the unneeded , unwanted instruction then. From now on keep it to yourself. I alresdy know/knew how the read is suppose to work. Has nothing to do with a defense changing how it plays against it.
“It was unneeded and unwanted” but you asked me to explain something then you got mad at my answer and made up something that I didn’t say. Im not forcing you to ask me questions. Don’t tell me what I should do. You can press ignore. So you don’t have to read any content of mine.

“It was unneeded and unwanted” but you asked me to explain something then you got mad at my answer and made up something that I didn’t say. Im not forcing you to ask me questions. Don’t tell me what I should do. You can press ignore. So you don’t have to read any content of mine.
I never asked you for anything. Maybe you are confused, but I never even was talking to you, and certainly never asked for something I already knew. You chose to interject yourself into a comment I made. I am not and was not mad, I just think you were wrong to comment on something that had nothng to do with my post, and instruct me on the option read. Sweet dreams, and go Orange.

I'm actually starting to wonder if it's going to be in Tucker's best interest to leave after this year. I saw a projection last week that had him going in the fifth round.

That's something like $4M over 4 years, with around $300K guaranteed. Realistically you're going to make something like $1.7M over 2 years for sure, and the rest is going to depend on your ability to stay on the roster.

Off a healthy year, he'd at least be a second round pick I think. Now you're looking at something like $7.3M over four years, but with more like $3.6M guaranteed. Realistically that's at least $4.3M over two years, and second round picks usually get at least three years to make it. So it's more like $5.5M over three years.

Playing hurt is lowering his draft value, he'd have been better off not playing and publicizing the injury. Of course that also makes him a team player, so I'm not knocking him for it or anything. Hopefully he can heal up before the end of the year and put a few games of film out at 100% and move his draft stock back up.

If not, I still doubt that he'll come back, but I think he could 2.5x to 3.5x his guaranteed money by doing so, and he could probably make a reasonable chunk off NIL next year.
Weitsman wants to pay $1M to land a 5-star recruit? This is his first big opportunity.

Money aside, if I was Tuck, I’d be concerned about who’s blocking for me next year.

Weitsman wants to pay $1M to land a 5-star recruit? This is his first big opportunity.

Money aside, if I was Tuck, I’d be concerned about who’s blocking for me next year.
This is where nil can make a difference

I never asked you for anything. Maybe you are confused, but I never even was talking to you, and certainly never asked for something I already knew. You chose to interject yourself into a comment I made. I am not and was not mad, I just think you were wrong to comment on something that had nothng to do with my post, and instruct me on the option read. Sweet dreams, and go Orange.
,explain to me why he would be in the game? Splitting hairs to say he is not being used as a decoy. Is this not a question? You need your RB in the game to run zone reads. That’s what I was explaining.

This is a discussion board. I will comment as much as I want. You can ignore me like I said.

He’s not targeting current players. That’s the two collectives.

,explain to me why he would be in the game? Splitting hairs to say he is not being used as a decoy. Is this not a question? You need your RB in the game to run zone reads. That’s what I was explaining.

This is a discussion board. I will comment as much as I want. You can ignore me like I said.
Both those are from after you explained how it works(your first post). Of course you can post just do not expect agreement with or acceptance of what you said, because in the context of what was being discassed it was without merit. As to ignoring you do not worry it has happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom