Twin Peaks sequel | Syracusefan.com

Twin Peaks sequel

Thoughts?

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago but nobody seemed interested. Classic David Lynch so far. Just truly bizarre as always. I mostly like what I have seen. Just wish there were more Twin Peaks scenes and less Vegas/South Dakota stuff. The town itself was part of the charm of the original series.

I've only watched the first episode, but thus far just like you said -- classic David Lynch. Strange / surreal for the sake of being strange / surreal. But I'm enjoying having the series back, so I'm looking forward to catching up on the other three episodes this week.

Does Netflix, or someone, plan on picking this up later?

Does Netflix, or someone, plan on picking this up later?

At some point, probably yes. Showtime and Netflix do have a deal worked out in which series which are no longer airing on Showtime can be streamed on Netflix. Shows currently still in production are only available on Showtime's streaming services. Since Twin Peaks is supposed to be a limited mini-series, it could end up on Netflix sooner rather than later.

I'll get on this soon. Love Lynch. Currently working on the new Fargo season and Better Call Saul. The last Fargo episode was dynamite!

Just watched Episode 6 and love how all the pieces are slowly coming together. This episode had intense violence though. I don't remember this show being so violent in the past but I guess that's what being on a premium channel will do.

Just watched Episode 6 and love how all the pieces are slowly coming together. This episode had intense violence though. I don't remember this show being so violent in the past but I guess that's what being on a premium channel will do.

I'm looking forward for the slow Dougie Jones plot to advance a bit more quickly since we're already 1/3 of the way through the season, but few complaints otherwise.

Lots of Lynch oddities, as expected.

What did I just watch? Episode 8 is the most Lynchian thing I've ever seen. I'm still not sure what I just saw.

What did I just watch? Episode 8 is the most Lynchian thing I've ever seen. I'm still not sure what I just saw.

Yeah--even allowing for the degrees of freedom I've learned to have patience for while watching TP, this was a pretty frustrating episode. Especially after last week's episode advanced the plot so much.

Felt very self-indulgent.

So... quick question about that surreal episode last night. Was that giant bell-shaped nuclear reactor looking thing in the Giant’s lair the same as what was on the top of the floating space station [whatever it was] from episode 2?

So... quick question about that surreal episode last night. Was that giant bell-shaped nuclear reactor looking thing in the Giant’s lair the same as what was on the top of the floating space station [whatever it was] from episode 2?

It definitely looked similar but would have to go back and watch the episodes again to make sure. If you are on Facebook, there's a good group to check out called Twin Peaks (2017). Almost 30,000 people with pretty good discussion and analysis. People get pretty in-depth in their analysis of the show.

I am going to have to watch this when it hits netflix. I remember Twin Peaks being a big deal in the early 90 but I was still in high school. In my early twenties one of my friends found the whole VHS set of the series and a few of us watched it over the summer. Its got to be one of the most surreal shows ever made. There are parts where I still can't tell how seriously you are intended to take it. All I know is that when Leyland lost it while they lowered Laura's casket I was completely hooked. I also stopped giving people a hard time over watching soap operas. I'm fairly sure Twin Peaks was a well disguised soap.

I truly believe the most current episode of Twin Peaks will be remembered as one of the greatest episodes in television history. (Obviously, the strangest as well.)

I truly believe the most current episode of Twin Peaks will be remembered as one of the greatest episodes in television history. (Obviously, the strangest as well.)

FWIW, I liked it a lot better the second time I watched.

Bumping this for the two hour finale tonight. Dale Cooper is back! Looking forward to see how Lynch wraps things up.

Thanks! I can't believe that there wasn't more chatter about this season [looking squarely at myself, too]. Surreal, but very enjoyable. I'll be sorry to see it end, and curious to see if the door is left open for another season.

I guess I shouldn't have expected this show to end any other way with Lynch at the helm. This is what he does with all his work. I'd say there is a definite possibility for a fourth season with the way things left off though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom