Tyler Ennis shipped to the D-League | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis shipped to the D-League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely will not be a 2nd contract in NBA. Should still be in school maturing his mind and body. The ability to have your together and be a man can be just important as your skill level for a successful and lengthy career in the league.

I think his stock was the highest it was going to be after last season. If he stayed I fear the scouts would have picked his game apart and he would have plummeted off the board like Chris Thomas of Notre Dame did.

I think his stock was the highest it was going to be after last season. If he stayed I fear the scouts would have picked his game apart and he would have plummeted off the board like Chris Thomas of Notre Dame did.

Impossible, we all know going back to school only improves your draft stock.

Those NBA scouts must be pretty weak if they couldn't see what His game was after last season. He was equal to a very good Ivy point guard.

Bringing him back for their East Coast road trip. So they are going to do what they said. He and TJ Warren will go back and forth all season between Bakersfield and Phoenix. I think this is a smart way to handle things. The idea is to have them ready for next season. There are many players here who will not be here next year. This way they get some good playing time, and some good time with the team. Next year he will be a regular in the rotation.

Bringing him back for their East Coast road trip. So they are going to do what they said. He and TJ Warren will go back and forth all season between Bakersfield and Phoenix. I think this is a smart way to handle things. The idea is to have them ready for next season. There are many players here who will not be here next year. This way they get some good playing time, and some good time with the team. Next year he will be a regular in the rotation.
You know what their plan is moving forward with Dragic? If they plan to move on from him after this season then that's a good sign for Tyler stepping up in the rotation next year with Bledsoe and Thomas.

Those NBA scouts must be pretty weak if they couldn't see what His game was after last season. He was equal to a very good Ivy point guard.

No, those NBA scouts figured he was worth more now, when they could fix and improve him themselves, than getting him later with less time to make him NBA capable.

That is a laughable opinion.

Impossible, we all know going back to school only improves your draft stock.
see.jpg

Do you really think McCullough is going to be here next year? I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Too early to say, but I understand he hoped to be a one and done.

Lol and you know this already a few weeks into his pro career. This board always finds a way to give me a laugh.
Noone knows anything for sure, but it is not a positive indicator, is it? Just based on numbers of players sent to D for extended periods ever making it in the league. Not impossible just more shaky.

I have yet to hear of any player that is sent to the D league that their team did not say similar things. Some few make it to the league as rotation players, many are never seriously in their teams plans. I can not say where Ennis falls, we will see.

Noone knows anything for sure, but it is not a positive indicator, is it? Just based on numbers of players sent to D for extended periods ever making it in the league. Not impossible just more shaky.
If he was playing on the 76ers, Knicks, or Lakers then I would agree. When you have a loaded backcourt of Bledsoe, Dragic, and Thomas in front of you, wouldn't it make sense to let him get some burn in the D-League to stay fresh instead of rocking a suit or a warmup gear on the bench? Most teams do this with their young players now who aren't expected to play heavy minutes on the Varsity. Nobody can really judge Tyler at this point until we see him in some real NBA action, whether it's later in the season or next year.

yeah, that selfish SOB should be playing for free to provide us with our entertainment!

Immediate money isn't everything. One more year in college might have benefited him in ways to lengthen his career in the NBA.

Immediate money isn't everything. One more year in college might have benefited him in ways to lengthen his career in the NBA.
OTOH, that "immediate" money was tangible, measurable, verifiable, and substantial. There is/was no speculation about it.
How that one more year MIGHT or MIGHT NOT have benefited him is open to debate...millions of $$$ is not.

Just wait until McCullough and Joseph have a few good games, we'll be talking about losing them.

If anything, Ennis may be sending a message to the next group that's thinking of leaving early.
That message always gets lost by their egos or the egos of their folks. Look at the recent record of messages and Ennis and Grant both ignored them.

OTOH, that "immediate" money was tangible, measurable, verifiable, and substantial. There is/was no speculation about it.
How that one more year MIGHT or MIGHT NOT have benefited him is open to debate...millions of $$$ is not.

It's a lot easier to be flippant abut a few million bucks when it's not your life, I've noticed.

Most likely will not be a 2nd contract in NBA. Should still be in school maturing his mind and body. The ability to have your together and be a man can be just important as your skill level for a successful and lengthy career in the league.
Hmm. I guess that's why he was a first round draft pick. Damn pro scouts don't know anything. :rolleyes:

If he was playing on the 76ers, Knicks, or Lakers then I would agree. When you have a loaded backcourt of Bledsoe, Dragic, and Thomas in front of you, wouldn't it make sense to let him get some burn in the D-League to stay fresh instead of rocking a suit or a warmup gear on the bench? Most teams do this with their young players now who aren't expected to play heavy minutes on the Varsity. Nobody can really judge Tyler at this point until we see him in some real NBA action, whether it's later in the season or next year.

Nothing to argue about there, his future is still in his hands, and a trade to another team is also possible. I commented in another thread that the Knicks could use him, but then it looks like they could use a lot.

I hope the NBA/players union will help the NCAA implement a system similar to the college baseball system where the really good and the totally delusional or misguided kids can go to the draft right after high school. If they come to college, they aren't eligible for the draft until their junior year. Then these guys can quit wasting the time Of the universities, coaches and fans.

I hope the NBA/players union will help the NCAA implement a system similar to the college baseball system where the really good and the totally delusional or misguided kids can go to the draft right after high school. If they come to college, they aren't eligible for the draft until their junior year. Then these guys can quit wasting the time Of the universities, coaches and fans.

LOL at that last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors