Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis

anomander

Living Legend
I know this is very early , and am not totally basing this off of what we saw the past 2 nights, but also his HS career, but his game reminded me of someone. His total control , his ability to create, and just importantly score when he wants to reminds me a lot of Kyrie Irving. I think his shooting is a lot better then some people give him credit for. If there is 1 weakness it is his really small frame, but other then that he is one of the smoothest pg's I have seen in a while. Now I don't mean to heap any unnecessary expectations on him, but he just seems that good. We should enjoy him while we have him because I don't think it will be too long.

If you guys had to compare his game to someone who would you say?

Very similar build to Kyrie, I think Kyrie might have a tad bit more speed and I'm not sure if Ennis has as much explosiveness offensively. Although, they may end up playing very similar roles(Hopefully Ennis' lasting much longer into the season)

His shot has looked pretty good to me, although the talent is down in these two games a good looking shot is a good looking shot. No comparison comes to mind immediately for me, but he's looked extraordinary so far, IMO.

He's John Stockton, combined with Steve Nash, Oscar Robertson, and Magic Johnson. He will become the greatest Syracuse point guard to walk God's green earth, and eventually win 12 NBA MVP's.

But really, I haven't seen him play live, but he reminds me of Edelin.

hes a cross between magic, isiah, stockton, iverson, and jkidd. hes pretty good

Ennis has a gear that Edelin didn't have, and a much better j. Having said that, lets see if is as creative. My guess is yes.

I know this is very early , and am not totally basing this off of what we saw the past 2 nights, but also his HS career, but his game reminded me of someone. His total control , his ability to create, and just importantly score when he wants to reminds me a lot of Kyrie Irving. I think his shooting is a lot better then some people give him credit for. If there is 1 weakness it is his really small frame, but other then that he is one of the smoothest pg's I have seen in a while. Now I don't mean to heap any unnecessary expectations on him, but he just seems that good. We should enjoy him while we have him because I don't think it will be too long.

I think tony Parker is the most proper comparison.

I think tony Parker is the most proper comparison.

No way. Parker is one of the quickest PGs in the NBA. Ennis won't even be one of the quicker PGs in college.

Its amazing how he is going by guys north south so easily. I hope that continues against better sliding defenders as he doesn't work laterally or with a crossover all that much, or back guys down. Thats part of what makes him so special.

But he had no trouble blowing by the best in highschool either. Amazing how he handles behind the back and against physical guards.

No way. Parker is one of the quickest PGs in the NBA. Ennis won't even be one of the quicker PGs in college.

I don't think speed alone rules out the comparison. Both are smaller guys who finish well. They are game managers who know how to pace the game.

Delonte West, without the demons

These two games have basicly been an extention of his HS career.

Interesting comparison--one I certainly wouldn't have thought of. Same body type, too.

Delonte didn't play PG at St Joes, because he didn't have to with Jameer running the show. But the Celtics used him as a PG, and I do think his style is very much like what we are seeing in Tyler. Just an overall smooth operator. I could see Tyler having a similar career in the NBA as West, and without the self destruction I expect him to make a nice living.

howbout this one, and one of the nicest guys in the world when i sent to all the teams for autographs as a kid he was one of the few that sent one back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom