Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said

I hate to say this...but I wonder if missing the NCAAs and getting a bid to the NIT wouldn't really be a bad thing? Maybe it would put enough pressure on JB to think about departing and the program could start it's next chapter and limit the purgatory it seems to be in right now?
I think it would have the opposite effect.

"True but beside FTs, all of his #s are down from last year. ..."

ummm research ...he plays 10 minutes less a game.
In a season where Coleman has broken down and is unable to compete most nights now and Chukwu's year ended prematurely, it's telling that Roberson's minutes have fallen from about 30 to 20 minutes per game.

1485557240.jpg
Pot and kettle come to mind...
I concede I am moron sometimes.
I don't think my opinion is better than anyone else. When people troll like you I lose my chit because it's trolling.
By the way Patriots got 5. Haha.
Go deflate that.

Higher level of dialogue? Welcome 2017. Go eat Member berries if you think that exists now. AOL used to be primary internet provider for the time period you are talking about.
People can think Lydon hasn't met preseason expectations of being an all-American.
Lydon has been solid but watching him play he isn't either healthy or something is up.
I disagree with the posters opinion but I am not going to belittle him. You are condescending to people ignore them if they are morons.
Look you like to fill up message boards with your nonsensical rants. I get it. More power to you.

But if you want to bash players, the coach and claim you're "at practice" then im calling him out on that.

And nothing in my original post was condescending in the slightest.

Robey played his heart out, and yes it would have been nice to have those free throws but think about how many opportunities that we missed throughout the game. I have always felt that close games like this do not come down to the last play. Close games come down to missed opportunities in the first 3 minutes as much as they come down to the last 3 minutes.

Yeah now that I've gotten sleep, the Lydon transition turnover and Gillons booted drive stick out in my mind well before Roberson's missed free throws. That being said I don't even really blame Lydon or Gillon for this L either, it really was a team loss but I think they're already showing growth from it despite other bs.

I'm sorry but this is so dumb. Every bleeping time lydon was fed in the post last night it resulted in points, and frequently fouls. We just failed to maximize those opportunities. Gillon didn't even try to feed Lydon when he had textbook position against a smaller guy multiple times.

Do you have any idea of the energy it takes to establish and maintain that position and how disheartening it is to see the guard look directly at you and not throw the pass? I'm surprised lydon hasn't punched anyone yet.

What's he supposed to do, pass himself the ball on the block?
Yep he was able to score down low against Pitt (edit clemson). He has the ability. Just maybe not consistent enough but who knows maybe a part of his inconsistency is that he never recovered from that achilles strain early in the season.

Not a surprise but most disturbing thing in this thread for me is TC claiming he doesnt plan to come back

Last edited:
Who cares what we fans though. He is coach publicly embarrassed for no good reason. JB is a bully. He deserves to be called for these comments.
Let's call out how bad an offensive coach JB has become. No gameplan to our offense. It is so lazy and easy to defend. Unless the kids make shots our offense sucks. That is on JB. The lack of rebounding from everyone but Lydon and Roberson is a joke.
I agree 100% on jb being a bully. I agree 100% on the need for jb to be called out on it. I was thinking last night that I would call his radio show and do exactly that. If it is a motivational ploy, it's pretty obvious that hasn't worked. and if it is just to be mean, what is the point of that? I disagree about the offense part. No coach looks good when the shots aren't falling.

Yep he was able to score down low against Pitt. He has the ability. Just maybe not consistent enough but who knows maybe a part of his inconsistency is that he never recovered from that achilles strain early in the season.

Not a surprise but most disturbing thing in this thread for me is TC claiming he doesnt plan to come back
Who is TC?

I agree 100% on jb being a bully. I agree 100% on the need for jb to be called out on it. I was thinking last night that I would call his radio show and do exactly that. If it is a motivational ploy, it's pretty obvious that hasn't worked. and if it is just to be mean, what is the point of that? I disagree about the offense part. No coach looks good when the shots aren't falling.
Townie would show up at your door mid call and silence you

1485557240.jpg

I concede I am moron sometimes.
I don't think my opinion is better than anyone else. When people troll like you I lose my chit because it's trolling.
By the way Patriots got 5. Haha.
Go deflate that.
Have a great day ballsack.

yes accurate and ridiculous. you demand more production when he's sitting on the bench ?
How can something accurate be ridiculous? His numbers are down, it is what it is. I didnt use the word "production" , you did. It seems pretty simple, if his "production" needs to go up, as you say, then he needs to find a way to get out on the court more, it all comes down to that.

I hope he gets his numbers up before the end of the season, including his mins!

Seriously. That guy is arrogant and naive. Dangerous combo.

Oh well. Again, believe what u want but you are way off base AZorange.

Just know the coaches expected more from lydon offensively. Alot more. He has been basically a pick and pop 3 point shooter this year. Maybe once a game he scores down low on a hook shot. There is a reason we design plays for white and gillon and even battle before lydon alot of the time.

Thompson comes in and schools the opposing 5 every possession. Lydon is unable. Just doesn't have the moves. If Jim didn't view him as our best defensive 5 option, he wouldn't play 40 minutes every game.

Great kid, great shooter. Not a leader though. And certainly not ready for the nba. Although he plans to go.
Way off base on what? That you don't know "Jim"? Don't go to practices? What?

Again just bring your player theories up with him the next time you run into him. I'm sure the Lydon stuff will be well received.

He was not a disappointment tonight. We did not lose because of him. JB's comment that "the wrong player got the ball" and that he had no faith in Roberson making those free throws does not reflect the fan bases opinion.

Tyler Roberson got that rebound and was playing to win. What else can you ask from someone?

I'll argue with anyone, I think his play decline is a result of not only JB relentlessly bashing his character/play, but our guards classic inability to take advantage of a player that plays above the rim. If We have aggressive guards that attack the rim and find the open men (Thompson/Roberson/Lydon) downlow? Roberson averages 8 to 10 points a game and 10 boards this year if that's the case.

Say what you will about this kid mentally falling apart, but he played to win tonight and I just think any question of his character is bush league.

I had faith that he had a shot to tie it up, and I'm proud of him for going after that board and at least giving us a chance.

Robey is a terrible foul shooter, that's not a secret. I didn't think the comment was a big deal at all. More surprised he was in there rather than TT. JB managed the end of the game situations and personnel differently than I would've thought.

Tcuse99, in one of his posts he claims Lydon doesnt plan to come back
Well I would say the odds are purely 50-50 at best. Lydon is solidly in the first round of all mock drafts and he is a prototype NBA stretch 4.
Unless Lydon loves college and can graduate next year I would say odds are he is gone. I do think he will be the only early entry and Battle will be back.

Robey is a terrible foul shooter, that's not a secret. I didn't think the comment was a big deal at all. More surprised he was in there rather than TT. JB managed the end of the game situations and personnel differently than I would've thought.

The thing I think about is who are the two players with the best shot to put back the rebound before coming back to the ground. I think it's Roberson and Lydon, so I didn't have a problem with him in the game. Could certainly argue that Thompson's a stronger finishers but I think Roberson's inarguably the superior offensive rebounder. We put ourselves in a tough situation, sh-- happens.

I'm not sure he's a bully and he's said for years he doesn't talk to motivate players. I think he's just an honest guy that lacks a filter. He just said what everyone else thought (I wish he didn't). But I don't think he does it because he hates a guy

Totally agree. I just think the issue was TT seemingly can only get more rebounds than a dead guy. But I would've taken my chances

I completely forgot about the "three sons". This is laugh out loud funny.

Thanks my man, I appreciate the kind words. And your words actually could have inspired the thread I just created about them, may they rest in peace. I think you will enjoy it, my friend. Let me know, please!

I'm not sure he's a bully and he's said for years he doesn't talk to motivate players. I think he's just an honest guy that lacks a filter. He just said what everyone else thought (I wish he didn't). But I don't think he does it because he hates a guy
I hope thats true i hope he doesnt have lousy feelings for him, i mean he had him out there at the end of a huge OT. I didnt like his comments at all, i thought they were painful and TR didnt deserve them. He could have easily praised TR for that rebound, but he didnt. I kind of took those comments (other than the cringeworthy aspects) as JB saying the win was not meant to be. JB didnt look too disappointed in the presser? I just dont really think he believed it was meant to be, winning the game that is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom