Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No and tyus is one of my favorite players but at the end of the day we are syracuse fans not tyus battle or Tyler lydon fans.
I don't necessarily agree with this. I try to be both. Maybe it has to do with my expectations though. After year 1, I had both Battle and Lydon gone after the 2nd year. I want our program to be successful and I'm a realist too. It made no sense for Lydon to come back for year 3 in my opinion and I think for Battle the risk is too great regarding his foot. He needs to stay in I think. I don't believe he will raise his stock much next year. He is what he is. He isn't going to shoot 40% from 3 next year. He needs to be a solid defender with his good size and strength and become a passable perimeter shooter who can pull up from 2 and take it to the rim. He needs to develop some of the moves a guy like D Wade has. I'm not saying he can be D Wade but he should emulate his game to be successful.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I try to be both. Maybe it has to do with my expectations though. After year 1, I had both Battle and Lydon gone after the 2nd year. I want our program to be successful and I'm a realist too. It made no sense for Lydon to come back for year 3 in my opinion and I think for Battle the risk is too great regarding his foot. He needs to stay in I think. I don't believe he will raise his stock much next year. He is what he is. He isn't going to shoot 40% from 3 next year. He needs to be a solid defender with his good size and strength and become a passable perimeter shooter who can pull up from 2 and take it to the rim. He needs to develop some of the moves a guy like D Wade has. I'm not saying he can be D Wade but he should emulate his game to be successful.
That's all fair and I had battle gone until jakes post and jbs quote and him not hiring an agent. As a syracuse fan you should be rooting to have the best possible team on the floor next year and that means battle coming back.

That's all fair and I had battle gone until jakes post and jbs quote and him not hiring an agent. As a syracuse fan you should be rooting to have the best possible team on the floor next year and that means battle coming back.
If Battle comes back I would love that too. He is a great kid and I really admire his heart and he would be our best player next year.

Am I bad for rooting for my interests over Tyus's interests on a message board where I profess my love for Syracuse University laundry vs specific players?
No, you are a very good person, kind and noble. You wear your heart on your sleeve and your fandoms is impeccable. :)

And how you feel or think doesn’t really affect Battle’s outcome, so you are safe! Breathe easy, Superfan.

Just by the draft being weaker next year he gets taken higher , unless he face plants .. there’s still risk , but I’d wager the odds are more in his favor next year

a Syracuse fan can also want what's best for the kid too since he gave us his best. you're not going to do this again this year with yet another SU player.
What did I do?I want what's best for syracuse. I don't think yankee fans are sitting there saying you know I hope aaron judge leaves the Yankees.

No and tyus is one of my favorite players but at the end of the day we are syracuse fans not tyus battle or Tyler lydon fans.

I've been trying to root for these guys out of college and enjoyed MCWs rookie year. Outside of that it's been tough to follow these guys out of college because they either don't play, in the D League or play a very small roll on teams.

I want them to be successful and don't wish ill will on them when they leave but I really don't care at this point watching them after they declare. Waste of time.

I've been trying to root for these guys out of college and enjoyed MCWs rookie year. Outside of that it's been tough to follow these guys out of college because they either don't play, in the D League or play a very small roll on teams.

I want them to be successful and don't wish ill will on them when they leave but I really don't care at this point watching them after they declare. Waste of time.
I root for anyone who wears a syracuse uni and if Tyus leaves I won't say anything negative about his decision. But this idea that we are suppose to root for guys to leave is absurd we root for the uniform not individual players.

Just by the draft being weaker next year he gets taken higher , unless he face plants .. there’s still risk , but I’d wager the odds are more in his favor next year
next draft he's a year older.that's a downside these days. and what more does he have to show the scouts ? he played tremendous this season. if he comes back i'm elated. but he best shoot 50 % deep if he wants to improve his draft stock. he is fully developed imo. and a great player. and i'd love to have him back if he truly wants to be and ready to be our leader next season. just don't see how another season of seasoning helps draft wise.
and with the baz defection we likely aren't a contender next year. i'm cool either way.

Last edited:
Were you going for the worst possible analogy there, or has the whole Battle saga finally gotten the best of you?
I literally LOL'd.

a Syracuse fan can also want what's best for the kid too since he gave us his best. you're not going to do this again this year with yet another SU player.

I don't know the kid at all. Not saying that as a negative just saying i'm a guy who graduated from Syracuse who roots for the teams at this point. For me, I hope he comes back b/c it suits my rooting interests at this point. Like I said, the insiders who may know these kids personally look at it differently. I'm a guy who went to Syracuse 25 years ago and have no touch points w the school except for the Saturdays i watch football and the nights i watch the hoops.

Long winded way of saying i hope he comes back no matter if it's good or bad for him.

I don't know the kid at all. Not saying that as a negative just saying i'm a guy who graduated from Syracuse who roots for the teams at this point. For me, I hope he comes back b/c it suits my rooting interests at this point. Like I said, the insiders who may know these kids personally look at it differently. I'm a guy who went to Syracuse 25 years ago and have no touch points w the school except for the Saturdays i watch football and the nights i watch the hoops.

Long winded way of saying i hope he comes back no matter if it's good or bad for him.

I’ve got no problem with someone feeling that way. I hope he comes back too.

I’ve got no problem with someone feeling that way. I hope he comes back too.
But yet you attacked Briancuse for saying basically the same thing. I don't have a dog in this fight, but the guy gets treated pretty unfairly by most on this board. Just my opinion.

But yet you attacked Briancuse for saying basically the same thing. I don't have a dog in this fight, but the guy gets treated pretty unfairly by most on this board. Just my opinion.

Because he says it 99 times in 99 threads every year about each player leaving and eventually gets to the player being stupid and fans who support the players decision not being real SU fans. Huge diff between that and how others make their points.

Because he says it 99 times in 99 threads every year about each player leaving and eventually gets to the player being stupid and fans who support the players decision not being real SU fans. Huge diff between that and how others make their points.
It's clockwork..but I love it

Well, Briancuse did say on at least one occasion that if Battle returned SU would win the National Title.

Not “might win” Not “be in the running for” But “would win”.

That suggests to me a poster untethered to reality.

Battle isn’t crazy. If he has an opportunity to get millions of dollars, he should take it.

Unless, of course, there’s a clear opportunity for him to get substantially more next year.

But, although he will be a more effective player next year, it’s probably not going to affect his NBA potential much.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

next draft he's a year older.that's a downside these days. and what more does he have to show the scouts ? he played tremendous this season. if he comes back i'm elated. but he best shoot 50 % deep if he wants to improve his draft stock. he is fully developed imo. and a great player. and i'd love to have him back if he truly wants to be and ready to be our leader next season. just don't see how another season of seasoning helps draft wise.
and with the baz defection we likely aren't a contender next year. i'm cool either way.

repeat..he could not even play next year and be drafted higher by way of a weaker overall draft. given he's a borderline first rounder, a couple spots could be a huge difference in cash.

repeat..he could not even play next year and be drafted higher by way of a weaker overall draft. given he's a borderline first rounder, a couple spots could be a huge difference in cash.

This... is just not as easy as people want to think it is.

The cash difference means very little from a 29th pick to a 18th pick (there are so many variables) but you HAVE to consider paid years too. An NBA carer is a very finite thing. All things being equal, the numbers may not be exact but the concept of the argument remains the same (PLEASE DO NOT DIVE INTO THE WEEDS WITH AGES OR DRAFT PICKS, IT WILL REMAIN VERY SIMILAR PLUGGING IN ANY AGE OR DRAFT PICK) -

he retires at age 35 either way. i think he is 21 now so lets call it a 14 year career. or he comes back and improves 10-15 spots and makes more money on a rookie deal BUT he is now 22 yrs old. Meaning he'll only have a 13 year career. How much is the back end of his contracts worth? how much is the last year worth? Usually (not always) that last year is much more than the difference between 10-15 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.