Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what underclassman entrering this draft would you say couldn't " improve this or that if they came back " ?
if that is your argument for returning to college then nobody goes early. how many juniors are going first round these days ? draft has changed with a strong emphasis towards youth and potential. just saying.

and yes i read the posts. most of them anyways.

Last edited:
what underclassman entrering this draft would you say couldn't " improve this or that if they came back " ?
if that is your argument for returning to college then nobody goes early. how many juniors are going first round these days ? draft has changed with a strong emphasis towards youth and potential. just saying.

and yes i read the posts. most of them anyways.

If it was such a slam dunk decision, he would’ve signed with an agent a long time ago wouldn’t he?

Obviously there’s things to think about, pros/cons either way.

repeat..he could not even play next year and be drafted higher by way of a weaker overall draft. given he's a borderline first rounder, a couple spots could be a huge difference in cash.
not sure how you can accurately predict next years draft before the season has even been played . how do you gauge the new talent flux so low ?

if his entire career is his first contract, and in one scenario that contract is multiyear guaranteed (first rounder) vs non guaranteed two way contract with the G league...(not a first round) ..if he has a 13 year career who cares where or how high he got drafted.

but what matters in a career longer than the 2 yr guaranteed rookie deal is are you losing a year of being paid by staying in college. Maybe not for a 3-6 year player. But probably for anymore than a 10 yr career.

not sure how you can accurately predict next years draft before the season has even been played . how do you gauge the new talent flux so low ?

Im not out there scouting these guys but most reputable talent evaluators are saying the same thing

avg nba career for guards is what today ? 6 yrs max ? probably less for non lottery picks.

Honestly, we're in a win, win situation with this (least what I'm telling myself LOL). He's gonna stay in the draft if he's a 1st round pick which helps with our recruiting/streak etc and if he pulls out, we get arguably the best returning ACC player back

Wow. I hadn’t realized Luke Maye did not get a combine invite.
He seems like a guy that could fill the Draymond Green roll in a Golden State model offense.

Frank deserved most improved ACC player, not Luke. Just sayin

He isn't an NBA talent

Why? I’m not saying he’s a lottery pick or even in the first 45 picks, but not being invited to the combine with his numbers and size is odd.

This isn’t a kid playing for Gonzaga beating garbage teams, he played and stared on UNC against one of the hardest schedules in college and put up a 20/10 with very good 3 point percentages.

Why? I’m not saying he’s a lottery pick or even in the first 45 picks, but not being invited to the combine with his numbers and size is odd.

This isn’t a kid playing for Gonzaga beating garbage teams, he played and stared on UNC against one of the hardest schedules in college and put up a 20/10 with very good 3 point percentages.

Agree. I'm shocked that he didn't merit at least a look when you are talking 70 guys.

I don't know what to tell you - I have a good sense for this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.