Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I'm shocked that he didn't merit at least a look when you are talking 70 guys.
I'm guessing the pro scouts feel they already know what he can do and don't see any sense in bringing him to the combine,

what are the scout's supposedly evaluating ? tyus battle's resume is long and distinguished.

win win either way. he's a great player. he can play wing here anytime.

Last edited:
Bullet Point Question Tuesday's
  • Is the consensus that if Tyus thinks he's destined for the 2nd round he returns?
  • Does it appear he's dropped to the 2nd? I kinda hope so if that's a factor in his decision.
  • Is there a significant financial penalty for early 2nd rounders vs. late 1st?
I think he's all ramped up and ready to go. I mean is he even taking classes right now or just focused on polishing his game with handlers/advisors?

• Is the consensus that if Tyus thinks he's destined for the 2nd round he returns?
  • Does it appear he's dropped to the 2nd? I kinda hope so if that's a factor in his decision.
I think he's all ramped up and ready to go. I mean is he even taking classes right now or just focused on polishing his game with handlers/advisors?

Classes are finished and I read somewhere that Dad confirmed he finished up what he was supposed to do.

Classes are finished and I read somewhere that Dad confirmed he finished up what he was supposed to do.
Not sure if I believe it but the statement that accompanied his entry into the process was that it didn't matter when he'd get drafted. It was about whether or not he wanted to be in college or be in the pros. It sounded similar to Lydon's approach.

Not sure if I believe it but the statement that accompanied his entry into the process was that it didn't matter when he'd get drafted. It was about whether or not he wanted to be in college or be in the pros. It sounded similar to Lydon's approach.

Yeah it seems like this is going to be a highly variable decision. If he goes to the camp and feels he is on par with these guys, he may very well go.

It's equal parts refreshing and terrifying...I like that its not purely about $, but i also worry he may be positioning himself for a bad financial hit if he doesnt at least factor it in

If he goes, hopefully the mouth breathing coward morons on twitter keep their tough guy, emotional, twitter fingers to themselves this year.

That would be nice. First of all, he a college student trying to make the best decision he can. Second of all, he's conducted himself with total class since he's been at SU from everything I have heard.

Has this been discussed as a possibility?

Let's say that Tyus is told that there's a 90% chance he will be picked in the top part of the second round and that he believes this.

But, as part of the feedback, he is told, "There's a possibility that if you go back to school that next year you may end up in about the same position (Say a 50% or 60% chance of Early second round and a 40% to 50% chance of being taken at the end of the First Round).

"Tyus, these teams would be drafting you on your athletic potential and mental and physical toughness. They know you are not yet a finished product. But becoming a marginally better shooter or passer in one more year at SU isn't going to change your draft position all that much."

The reason Tyus would not fully enter the Draft this year believing he would be a early second round pick would be the potential for being a higher pick in 2019.

If that isn't likely to happen, then the smart money approach would be to go this year.

Has this been discussed as a possibility?

Let's say that Tyus is told that there's a 90% chance he will be picked in the top part of the second round and that he believes this.

But, as part of the feedback, he is told, "There's a possibility that if you go back to school that next year you may end up in about the same position (Say a 50% or 60% chance of Early second round and a 40% to 50% chance of being taken at the end of the First Round).

"Tyus, these teams would be drafting you on your athletic potential and mental and physical toughness. They know you are not yet a finished product. But becoming a marginally better shooter or passer in one more year at SU isn't going to change your draft position all that much."

The reason Tyus would not fully enter the Draft this year believing he would be a early second round pick would be the potential for being a higher pick in 2019.

If that isn't likely to happen, then the smart money approach would be to go this year.
You left out the fact that Tyus is a solid and serious student and could graduate in 3 years. If he would end up in same position draft wise after next year, he may decide to come back and get his degree. So it’s really degree vs late round pay check that you need to evaluate.

You left out the fact that Tyus is a solid and serious student and could graduate in 3 years. If he would end up in same position draft wise after next year, he may decide to come back and get his degree. So it’s really degree vs late round pay check that you need to evaluate.

In don't see that as a realistic scenario.

If he were to stay another year and still get drafted in the 2nd round, he has to go.

BS degrees are nice to have. But basketball money or the potential of basketball money is just too good to pass up.

In don't see that as a realistic scenario.

If he were to stay another year and still get drafted in the 2nd round, he has to go.

BS degrees are nice to have. But basketball money or the potential of basketball money is just too good to pass up.

When you say BS, are you saying Bachelor of Science or bullsh**? If it's the latter and you had done any research, you would know Tyus is majoring in information management and technology, hardly a BS degree.

When you say BS, are you saying Bachelor of Science or bullsh**? If it's the latter and you had done any research, you would know Tyus is majoring in information management and technology, hardly a BS degree.

Ahh, MS. I'm pretty sure that the IT degree is a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and not an Bachelor of Arts (BA).

So what can a person with a newly-minted Info Mgt/IT BS make a year? And how many years would they have to work to get to $1,000,000?

As of yesterday, staff feels like is will go into the draft, has or was working out in LA getting ready
Tyus is making the decision 100%, Gary is supporting him whichever way he goes
Heard the same today. Dad would probably prefer another year, but he's not standing in his way. Tyus really wants to go - would take a lot now for him return. A week before the declare deadline, folks thought he was going to return...

If prospects seem similar this year and next, he's probably gone (to get that one extra year of earning in).

Win/Win situation for us...He comes back, we have arguably the best returning ACC player back..he goes, he gets drafted (praying 1st) and the streak continues

Status
Not open for further replies.