Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard the same today. Dad would probably prefer another year, but he's not standing in his way. Tyus really wants to go - would take a lot now for him return. A week before the declare deadline, folks thought he was going to return...
Then Jim must be out of the loop on the whole damn thing

Judging his reaction with a bunch of guys who’ve left it seems like he’s been out of the loop a lot when it comes to NBA decisions.

Ahh, MS. I'm pretty sure that the IT degree is a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and not an Bachelor of Arts (BA).

So what can a person with a newly-minted Info Mgt/IT BS make a year? And how many years would they have to work to get to $1,000,000?
Less than 10 I'd guess.

I know the going rate for a CS degree in a decent company is 75k+ in larger cities. IT stuff is all over though.

Except for the part where Dreaming says "as of yesterday, staff feels like is will go into the draft"

I know the going rate for a CS degree in a decent company is 75k+ in larger cities. IT stuff is all over though.

But he's not pursuing a Computer Science degree. Information Management and Technology are way different.

Computer Science is closer to Engineering.

Heard the same today. Dad would probably prefer another year, but he's not standing in his way. Tyus really wants to go - would take a lot now for him return. A week before the declare deadline, folks thought he was going to return...

Obviously disappointing looking at it from the perspective of wanting the best Syracuse team we can have next year. We can still be good next year, but he would obviously make a huge difference. Hopefully if he does go, Tyus sneaks into the first round or gets a second round situation similar to Jerami where he can really take advantage of it.

If I remember correctly from when my son was interviewing with different SU departments when he was deciding what to major in, the average starting salary of an SU graduate with a degree in Information Management and Technology was in the mid to upper 60s.

Salary: Information Management | Glassdoor

All depends on how quickly the person moves up and obviously where they work, geographically.

Man, I hate Glassdoor. I've had several conversations with staff who believe they are underpaid based on what they find on Glassdoor. Let's not consider that Glassdoor information is only as good as those that provide a response, it doesn't necessarily account for industry or company, and large cities can have swings just based on where the company is located in that city.

Man, I hate Glassdoor. I've had several conversations with staff who believe they are underpaid based on what they find on Glassdoor. Let's not consider that Glassdoor information is only as good as those that provide a response, it doesn't necessarily account for industry or company, and large cities can have swings just based on where the company is located in that city.

Fair enough. I was just posting the first one I found.

I am paying an IT consultant 117 dollars an hour right now.

There is zero chance that IT person is even close to being fresh out of college. I work in the field. High pay for big city IT consultants is 70-75k coming right out of college. Most are starting at 55-65k per year. The only outliers would be geniuses that work at Google or something. There are a ton of jobs in the field, but the competition for the top paying jobs is fierce. The people in this field are all above average intelligence and work ethic.

You really think someone coming out of college with that degree will average more than $100k a year in the first 10 years?
Asking for a child of mine.

This would highly depend on how lucrative the last 5 years are of that span. The first 5, while still above average pay isn't going to make you rich. Especially when you consider the cost of living where those jobs are for the most part.

I am paying an IT consultant 117 dollars an hour right now.

Directly or to their employer? Those are two very different things. My company charges the client a lot more money per resource hour than we are actually paid.

Directly or to their employer? Those are two very different things. My company charges the client a lot more money per resource hour than we are actually paid.

Employer. I’m sure he’s doing well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.