Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is he is definitely behind Donte, Huerter, Allen, and Okogie in the pecking order now.

Seems that way. The two Arizona guys are going to be obstacles as well. This Tulane kid is apparently very intriguing to many also.

Pacers already reporting interest in tyus. They feel he has the physical and scoring upside of a late 1st steal.

If he gets drafted in the first round it wouldn’t be a steal, he gets picked mid second it would be a steal.

If prospects seem similar this year and next, he's probably gone (to get that one extra year of earning in).
He would def be a first round pick next year. The draft wont be as deep and he will most likely improve his efficiency numbers big time.

Last edited:
Pacers already reporting interest in tyus. They feel he has the physical and scoring upside of a late 1st steal.
I mean, that’s not really what the article said at all, but ok.

Be very interested to see his strength and agility numbers when they score him today. If he doesn't score well have to wonder where that puts him...

Love TB, hope he comes back or gets picked in the 1st (or follows whatever he desires), volume scorer with a great head on his shoulders. Excellent college player.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but to my eye TB has always struggled going to the rim when he needs to finish off his right foot in traffic. It's not that he can't shoot with his left, it's more about how awkward he looks when forced to jump off his right foot (mechanical, lacks fluidity). I know that probably sounds like a ridiculous take to most, but throw on a tape and watch for it. This matters when you need to be a 2 in the NBA and shooting isn't your forte.

I only watched some and I don't think anything has changed for Tyus - he's a 2nd round pick at best. He needs to decide if he wants to take that route or try to come back and move up. Not sure I buy the "draft is weaker" next year thoughts as we seem to here that every year. If we are improved his numbers will go down next year, but he could show some new skill sets. He's not a super athlete, and that isn't going to change.

The most intriguing case to me is Huerter - I think he was just going thru the process and now may be moving into some cash.

I only watched some and I don't think anything has changed for Tyus - he's a 2nd round pick at best. He needs to decide if he wants to take that route or try to come back and move up. Not sure I buy the "draft is weaker" next year thoughts as we seem to here that every year. If we are improved his numbers will go down next year, but he could show some new skill sets. He's not a super athlete, and that isn't going to change.

The most intriguing case to me is Huerter - I think he was just going thru the process and now may be moving into some cash.

Very good college player, I just don't see it translating into a prolific NBA career for him. He screams 2nd rounder to me through and through.

We do not say that it’s a weaker draft class every year and if you look at the last 20 draft classes and project a year out the experts usually get it right.

Two things that add to a strong draft class is a strong incoming freshman class that you know we’re going to leave in returning players like a J.Noah Or Horford or more recently bridges from Michigan State. As we know we’re going to be NBA players

I feel really bad and guilty because I find myself hoping he fails and falls short so I can selfishly have him in Orange next year. I do wish him a high selection and tons of cash but in next years draft. He might come back with a chip on his shoulder more determined then ever. I like that

Really? I feel the opposite Everyone always builds up the next class before the scouts have had a chance to really dig deep into all their flaws.

I was shocked seeing Divencenzo being at the top.

Huh? This kid showed off his incredible vertical all season long. He did some ridiculous above-the-rim stuff in the F4 and had a ton of sportcenter highlights throughout the regular season too.

Have you noticed that the majority of the guys who have helped their stock with verticals & drills are wings, and direct competition with Battle?

DiVincenzo, kid from GT, etc...

Will be EXTREMELY tough for Battle to make it into the first round. Which I'm hopeful allows the possibility of him sliding back to Syracuse for another year. The team will be better, he'll have more options around him to showcase other aspects of his game, and he'll be able to get his degree. Not to mention have a better chance of being drafted in the 1st round (one would think).

His mind is likely already made up -- or so it seems. Which really is disappointing for me as a Syracuse fan. Wish him well with whatever he decides.

I'm finding it hard to see how Battle lands in the 1st, with so many players at his position that seem much more likely to fit in the current NBA.

Tyus' shooting will keep him behind guys like Huerter, Divincenzo, Mykhailiuk, Bates-Diop, Okogie, Frazier, Robinson, etc and then you have the freshmen that will likely be more appealing like Diallo, Trent, Troy Brown, Bowen.

They'll all as athletic, if not more, than Tyus, so I'm not sure where he fits in ahead of most of those guys. It's going to be tough for him to rise above the mid-2nd, so hopefully he's ok with that.

I'm finding it hard to see how Battle lands in the 1st, with so many players at his position that seem much more likely to fit in the current NBA.

Tyus' shooting will keep him behind guys like Huerter, Divincenzo, Mykhailiuk, Bates-Diop, Okogie, Frazier, Robinson, etc and then you have the freshmen that will likely be more appealing like Diallo, Trent, Troy Brown, Bowen.

They'll all as athletic, if not more, than Tyus, so I'm not sure where he fits in ahead of most of those guys. It's going to be tough for him to rise above the mid-2nd, so hopefully he's ok with that.
Hes far better than Huerter and Mykhailiuk though. No question he would be taken before both of those guys.

Huh? This kid showed off his incredible vertical all season long. He did some ridiculous above-the-rim stuff in the F4 and had a ton of sportcenter highlights throughout the regular season too.

Hard to believe he outjumped guys like Diallo.

Hows his shooting numbers?

Hes physically ready to defend in the nba. He has high scoring upside and is skilled enough to play the tween of 2 and 3. There’s absolutely a possibility he could be a late first and i hope he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.