Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Huerter and remember him in high school running the point for a state championship team. IMHO I think Maryland never utilized his skills to the max that they could have, and I think he can make shots at any level. What I don't think is he will be able to guard anyone. Other than the Cavs - is there anyone on any team left in the NBA playoffs who he could guard?

Why can't he guard anyone? He's tested as one of the best athletes in the draft according to the testing.

I like Huerter and remember him in high school running the point for a state championship team. IMHO I think Maryland never utilized his skills to the max that they could have, and I think he can make shots at any level. What I don't think is he will be able to guard anyone. Other than the Cavs - is there anyone on any team left in the NBA playoffs who he could guard?

Not sure. But part of the reason he has moved up the board so much might be because his testing in the drills was good. Better than many would have predicted in terms of athleticism. I don’t remember or not if Klay Thompson was considered a good defender coming out.

Could any bench player, or half the starters in the league guard the guards left in the playoffs?

Probably not.

Why can't he guard anyone? He's tested as one of the best athletes in the draft according to the testing.

Regardless of how he athletic the tests showed that he is...he’s slow and unathletic, but might be able to make up for that by being a heady, scrappy, coach on the floor type of gym rat.

Jay Wright being interviewed was just asked what he would advise 2 of his players there if they fell out of 1 st round into the second AND he said they are very competitive and should come back and play themselves into 1st round picks next year. Battle may see things this way I imagine and hope.

Team Gray is playing right now. Haven't seen Tyus. They just had a nice interview with Jermi Grant.

Tyus gotta be feeling like the kid who wasn’t picked by either team in the schoolyard. His blood must be boiling not getting the respect and inclusion others receive. He’s coming back to prove the naysayers wrong and going lottery next year in his mind. He was a fence sitter but now knows what to do. These are emotional assumptions on my part and good venting for me

Not sure. But part of the reason he has moved up the board so much might be because his testing in the drills was good. Better than many would have predicted in terms of athleticism. I don’t remember or not if Klay Thompson was considered a good defender coming out.
give me a season's worth of tape over any pre draft showcase.

Do they stay on the same teams for all four days? I don't think Tyus was on the floor for the Grey team for the game that just finished.

He didn't defend well this year. He's a great shooter with range and a good distributor, but he was lost on D. I watched only a handful of their games but he's not side to side quick imho

Jay Wright being interviewed was just asked what he would advise 2 of his players there if they fell out of 1 st round into the second AND he said they are very competitive and should come back and play themselves into 1st round picks next year. Battle may see things this way I imagine and hope.
Battle really wants to go. There is just no way around that. His dad and his coaches might be able to convince him it is in his best interests to come back if his feedback is not all that good. But it is a uphill battle. No pun intended.

Battle really wants to go. There is just no way around that. His dad and his coaches might be able to convince him it is in his best interests to come back if his feedback is not all that good. But it is a uphill battle. No pun intended.
Sigh

This is what I've heard and just assumed all along. Everybody knows he should come back and wants him to come back except the guy who gets the final say.

He didn't defend well this year. He's a great shooter with range and a good distributor, but he was lost on D. I watched only a handful of their games but he's not side to side quick imho

Lane agility was one of his strong points.

Putting down our zone talking how Tyus defense can’t be evaluated

Ok Battle's team is playing now grey/black uniforms #51

Talking heads say Gary Trent has passes Tyus so far at the Combine.

Talking heads say Gary Trent has passes Tyus so far at the Combine.
Yeah heard that. Woj and the NBA exec/former exec say he hasn’t stood out so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s like he’s invisible out there. Others are very aggressive and he’s not really involved

I’m sorry but I really believe he’s coming back. He’s done nothing to move up from an already precarious position. I’m having a beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.