Tyus to test draft... without agent ... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus to test draft... without agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Boston apparently offered 4 first rounders for Justice Winslow? What the hell was that?
They offered 4 picks but they were heavily protected picks that some could have turned into 2nd round picks.

I wonder how much of that is because KP wouldn't work out for them

There was a meeting in March, both guys played, Okafor had a great game in college, KP played awful in Europe and they were just so in love with him after that while Hinke said he wouldn't base it on one game. Management didn't want another Shawn Bradley and while Hinkie wanted Russell but the Lakers took him, he was ready to grab KP when the stepped in and grabbed Okafor

They offered 4 picks but they were heavily protected picks that some could have turned into 2nd round picks.

Remember it wasn't offered to Miami. Miami and Boston weren't suitable trading partners at the time those two simply weren't going to help each other out. It was offered to Jordan. And like an absolute moron he turned them down to draft Kaminsky probably the dumbest move ever. I don't think they were crazy protected just top 10 or so since the C's were still rebuilding they were only the Celtics own picks not Brooklyns.

Rozier was a consolation prize at the time for not getting Justice when he slipped but the pick looks pretty good. Doubt they take Jaylen the next year. Wonder if they had passed on Jaylen due to having Justice Ainge still nails the pick and takes Jamal Murray. I'd be OK with Murray+Winslow instead of Brown+Rozier and not having any of our own late 1sts until 2023 or so.

The rest of the 2016 lottery is pretty mediocre Sabonis who we know well is likely the best of the rest.

I'm sorry - there's good sources here saying Tyus was a great student and could possibly graduate in 3 years... but Mark Larson says he almost didn't finish the semester?

Please.

If he doesn't come back it's not because of that.

I will never let Mark Larson live down his first question at Dino's intro press conference...

"Previous coach talked about orange juice - can I assume you prefer Hawaiian Punch?"

Remember it wasn't offered to Miami. Miami and Boston weren't suitable trading partners at the time those two simply weren't going to help each other out. It was offered to Jordan. And like an absolute moron he turned them down to draft Kaminsky probably the dumbest move ever. I don't think they were crazy protected just top 10 or so since the C's were still rebuilding they were only the Celtics own picks not Brooklyns.

Rozier was a consolation prize at the time for not getting Justice when he slipped but the pick looks pretty good. Doubt they take Jaylen the next year. Wonder if they had passed on Jaylen due to having Justice Ainge still nails the pick and takes Jamal Murray. I'd be OK with Murray+Winslow instead of Brown+Rozier and not having any of our own late 1sts until 2023 or so.

The rest of the 2016 lottery is pretty mediocre Sabonis who we know well is likely the best of the rest.
Danny nailed the Jaylen Brown pick so I am glad he didn’t get Winslow.
Winslow hasn’t developed like Brown has shown this year.
Brown is an All-Star especially in the weak East.

I didn’t like the Rozier or Brown picks on draft night but Danny has done well on them.

Not finishing out the semester seems inconsistent with much of what we've heard about the Battle family.

Not saying I think the statement is false, just seems odd.

Maybe him finishing it out is what the weekend retreat was all about.

The more I think about it, the more it seems reasonable for them to talk him into finishing out the semester. His brother wants to play high level hoops, maybe even at SU. If Tyus blew off the remainder of the semester, that would be a mark against the Battle family name in some people's eyes, including possibly JB.

Not finishing out the semester seems inconsistent with much of what we've heard about the Battle family.

Not saying I think the statement is false, just seems odd.

almost didn't.

Don’t buy it for a second. And if it was for certain he’d certainly have hired an agent to work the league guys. Come on.
I agree. Doesn't jibe with Tyus' dad's comments ("can't be overemphasized . . .").

Status
Not open for further replies.