UCLA basketball players arrested in China | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA basketball players arrested in China

I'm asking sincerely, because it's not my line of expertise, what do they pay you to do then? Deter? Keep records of theft?

I can imagine the multiple reasons for the Prime Directive(tm, for Star Trek fans), such as not wanting to disrupt the experience of the actual high rollers(lol, it could be traumatizing to them), but am not coming up with what they are paying you for quite as quickly.

On a different note, any idea what the mark-up/actual loss on those examples you cited was?

Thanks to this thread, I think I have my inspiration for my first parody of the season, "Arrest U-CLA", based on "God Bless The USA".

For that particular job they pay us around 25 an hour, we pay the guy anywhere from 13-15 per hour which is pretty much the industry standard which is low in my opinion. I have roughly 95 employees making 10-20 an hour (majority make at the lower region of those numbers).

China is rouge expanding

upload_2017-11-9_8-55-29.jpeg

Sounds like a deal has been made...this is from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

"There is a strong likelihood that the three UCLA basketball players arrested Tuesday for shoplifting in Hangzhou, China, will face 20 days of house arrest and then not be permitted to visit the country again, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The three players, LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley, could serve the punishment at the hotel where the UCLA and Georgia Tech teams stayed in Hangzhou, the Hyatt Regency Hangzhou."

Sounds like a deal has been made...this is from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

"There is a strong likelihood that the three UCLA basketball players arrested Tuesday for shoplifting in Hangzhou, China, will face 20 days of house arrest and then not be permitted to visit the country again, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The three players, LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley, could serve the punishment at the hotel where the UCLA and Georgia Tech teams stayed in Hangzhou, the Hyatt Regency Hangzhou."

Report: Ball, UCLA players likely facing house arrest

20 days of rice and water is what I see in their future.

How the hell will these kids stay academically eligible upon their return, assuming they do in fact come back in 20-ish days? No way China grants them internet access, right?

Even if they do, doesn't China greatly restrict that access?

What a pack of idiots to break the law in a foreign totalitarian country. It ain't like the USA where it will be treated lightly. Since Trump had seemingly a good visit in China they probably don't want an incident and will just put these dopes on a plane home.

We're talking about Ball's financial and educational background. There's no indication he suffered in either area. Additionally, why is it when we talk athletes, black athletes in particular, the "financial and educational" background is dropped as the excuse? First, not all black athletes suffer. Second, even if they did, the vast majority do not commit crimes. Third, I'm not sure what that has to do with my point. Are you saying that because a black athlete grew up poor or had a poor education, they need 24 hour supervision?

I dont think it was just ball who had the balls to steal, why just focus on him? Do you have a fixation?

To your final question, NO. Where did you get that? lol, are you on something stronger than I am, man? Look, I think you mean well, but please dont play the race card. I come from the currently most oppressed people in this nation, so I get a bit riled up with this #FAKENEWS race baiting that the media and some of their bots do. Why should we assume all the players were black? If young Devo were in a group that was doing it, it's quite possible/probable that he may have participaed too. This is not about race, although I suppose if you want to look at empirical data about who commits crimes within our borders we could have a discussion about that.

This is about dumb kids, and group mentality that helps grow the cajones. Why do people feel the need to play the race card so much? I know actually, the media has conditioned many of you TV watchers like pavlovian dogs to be reactionary and unconsciously have thoughts generated in your head through their conditioning. Your boy "Lenin"(not his real name), visited Pavlov and attempted to get him to use his method on the populace.

We haven't invaded anyone in the last decade. Russia invaded Ukraine just a few years ago. China is rouge expanding it's territory into international waters without any oversight or much condemnation from the international community.

Lol, you cant be serious. I dont want to call you ignorant, but during Obama's 8 years, the "peace" prize winner was involved in more invasions/ongoing "wars", cia/moassad regime changes, than ANY other President in the history of the US. Much of it was the last few countries who did NOT have a ROTHSCHILD central bank, like us and the rest of the world...the remaining countries not to have it? Iran, Korea, Cuba. Connecting any dots yet?(not just you, this is directed at the entire peanut gallery of reactionary bots)

For that particular job they pay us around 25 an hour, we pay the guy anywhere from 13-15 per hour which is pretty much the industry standard which is low in my opinion. I have roughly 95 employees making 10-20 an hour (majority make at the lower region of those numbers).

lol dude! I didnt want to know your salary or that of anyone... I just wanted to know the markup on those insane prices you mentioned for purses and whatever else!! I was curious how much the store made on each one, lol.

What a pack of idiots to break the law in a foreign totalitarian country. It ain't like the USA where it will be treated lightly. Since Trump had seemingly a good visit in China they probably don't want an incident and will just put these dopes on a plane home.

Their handlers should have had them watch Midnight Express, a true story about another college student abroad. Kids today are conditioned by the media to be soft in the head,a nd take things for granted. What you see is a combination of the reults of poor parenting, and media conditioning. The latter can in many cases be the bigger influence if the former is not doing a good job.

I'm thinking of honoring some of your idols on here(Trotsky who coined the term political correctness), and making a "PC" card deck..and the most powerful card in the dark will of course be the race card, but it will be joined by many more of the mechanisms at work around us. It could be both fun and a tool for awakening the commoners. It was inspired by he guy wh played the card on me. I dont think I am going to promise any royalty though.

It's kinda like sometimes you dont even know you have a booger in your nose, even after attempting to pick it...and even blowing out forcefully. Sometimes the magic is when you suck in hard, and feel some disruption up there. It can be useful wisdom if you can see it, sometimes you can surprise yourself if you trust the process and stick with it.

I'm thinking of honoring some of your idols on here(Trotsky who coined the term political correctness), and making a "PC" card deck..and the most powerful card in the dark will of course be the race card, but it will be joined by many more of the mechanisms at work around us. It could be both fun and a tool for awakening the commoners. It was inspired by he guy wh played the card on me. I dont think I am going to promise any royalty though.

It's kinda like sometimes you dont even know you have a booger in your nose, even after attempting to pick it...and even blowing out forcefully. Sometimes the magic is when you suck in hard, and feel some disruption up there. It can be useful wisdom if you can see it, sometimes you can surprise yourself if you trust the process and stick with it.

I think the most powerful card in the deck should be the "reverse racism" card. You know, any card that actually refers to the power that white folks hold?

I think the most powerful card in the deck should be the "reverse racism" card. You know, any card that actually refers to the power that white folks hold?
I wish I could give you multiple likes...Im quite groggy and feels kinda psychedelic, so my normal thinking isnt in place, thanks for that! I was half joking, but seriously think it could be done...not sure if youve ever heard of Magick: The Gathering(tm) (lol, I got to do a literal tm for once :) ), but maybe it could be a card game like that. Every possible complaint could have their own card. I think the humor combined with reality could be a hit amongst folks of many ages. I may need to find some of those cards. its been decades, I want to remember how they work, so I can employ similar function.

Folks, I am open to all ideas, let me have them!

Wow, shoplifting got them banned from a country for life.
Well didn't MCW get banned for life from the store he stole from?

Sucks that China is no longer an option to play for pay.

I've never been to China for pay for play, but that optiom has been imported here with those massage parlors, so they wont have to go there for that.

I thought that word was banned on here and not allowed to be talked about?

Judges? ;)

UPDATE: Only 5 posts left folks, please take it easy on me! Will someone please pray I can have restraint for many hours and then multi-quote? I'm not always as strong as I used to be, but sometimes I can get Baye with a little help from my friends (shoot, you just helped me see my next single, a parody about one of my favorites!!! bleepin a!

I thought that word was banned on here and not allowed to be talked about?

Judges? ;)

UPDATE: Only 5 posts left folks, please take it easy on me! Will someone please pray I can have restraint for many hours and then multi-quote? I'm not always as strong as I used to be, but sometimes I can get Baye with a little help from my friends (shoot, you just helped me see my next single, a parody about one of my favorites!!! bleepin a!
Well that's a first...replied to the same post twice back to back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom