UCLA vs Washington at 4 PM on ESPN2 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA vs Washington at 4 PM on ESPN2

Better to watch Johnny Miller's last broadcast at Phoenix.

Pac-12 is really bad but UW is a quality team. The conference is making Hop look worst than they are. At this point they aren’t even getting tested, Pac-12 is basically a mid major.

The last two times I’ve seen Hop on the sidelines I’ve immediately thought he looked like John Beliein...at least a little.

Bill Walton is flatout insane.

So glad he does not call SU games. The guy is off in left field, talking nonsense. I've heard esoteric mystics that were ore coherent and Walton. His partner has tried to rein him in but failed miserably; brushing him off, ignoring him, calling im out. Terrible.

So glad he does not call SU games. The guy is off in left field, talking nonsense. I've heard esoteric mystics that were ore coherent and Walton. His partner has tried to rein him in but failed miserably; brushing him off, ignoring him, calling im out. Terrible.

I don't mind him on other games. But definitely not my cup of team for our games.

Well done Hop. Mission accomplished on both fronts - a win and you got done before the alma mater's game starts.

I love Bill Walton as the color guy for basketball. Much better than listening to some programmed guy droning off meaningless stats.

It’s entertainment and he entertains.

That the PAC-12 is a dumpster fire certainly helps somewhat.

Yeah, I'm not really talking about who they play, just how they play. I've seen basically every UW game since Hop started and the improvement of the team is amazing. The core of this team won 2 league games two years ago (WITH Markelle Fultz) and they're about to go to 9-0 in league today. I know the league isn't great but to turnaround from 2-16 to 9-0 in a year and a half is remarkable.

Ummm... that is part of the schtick for this announcing team (Pasche/Walton). I've seen them together multiple times this year and it's a lot of tongue-in-cheek from Pasche and there is a give-and-take timing thing between him and Walton's insanity. Not saying I like or enjoy it, but its actually a bit of a show that they do.

Is he not doing the final round?

No basically they didn't want to take the spotlight off the final round with recognizing Johnny

I find the games entertaining enough. If a game is horrible and no other good game is on, he can be entertaining or at least a diversion. Listening to him arguing, trying to one up, get a rise with his broadcast partner, personally isn’t entertaining to me. I guess I’ve known too many people over the years that just like to argue for arguing sake because they are bored and/or want to feel they are comparatively enlightened and smarter than the average bear- lol. Not a big deal though, he’s a choice and no one forces anyone to listen. (I turn the audio off when it gets too much)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom