UConn Gameday Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Gameday Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to know we can go down the field and get 3 so fast.

One comment about the defense because everyone is so down on it. The QB has played out of his mind. Side stepping rushers and putting the ball right where it needs to be. Several ridiculous catches, perfect passes, a fumble that bounces back right to the guy and a lot of D plays that are literally an inch of being knocked down or picked off or sacked. The defense is right there, I find it hard to believe that uconn is going to sustain every play being basically an inch away for another half.

Not gonna lie. Super disappointed with what happened that half after first drives (drop killed momentum)

Positive. The bathrooms here are very nice

Wow, Ole Miss playing Chip to Millhouse's Georgia. Or do i have that backward?

Does it matter?

Not gonna lie. Super disappointed with what happened that half after first drives (drop killed momentum)

Positive. The bathrooms here are very nice
What's the feeling in the stadium?

Even against our defense, I'm honestly surprised UCONN strung together two scoring drives.

Are we still 100% opposed to a dual-QB system?

I know we won't do it so really no point discussing aside from being whiny fans on a message board.

You can tell momentum swung to UConn. First possessions will be huge

All the momentum changed on that 4th and 1 punt from the 50. We let them get mo back and start chipping away.
That's why I said we need to not get conservative when we get up, we need to go for the knockout. This team with 2 new systems isn't made to play in rock-fights.

Are we still 100% opposed to a dual-QB system?

I know we won't do it so really no point discussing aside from being whiny fans on a message board.

Our QB has 250 yards passing and 2 TDs at half

Off topic but of interest: Iowa is still blanking Rutgers 7-0 in the 4th. I have never pulled for Iowa (Don't recall pulling against them either) but today, I am an Iowa fan.

"this is our backyard"

raw

Offense is allergic to 3rd downs. I swear to all that is holy, if this 3rd down sht keeps happening...

IMO play calling is holding us back.

After scoring easily through the air we come out with a run-run-pass-punt drive.

Still up 14-0 with a 3rd and short we run the ball with a tiny RB. Then with a 4th and short we punt it.

Up 14-7 instead of hurrying to the line to convert a 2nd and 1 we try to pass it deep and get sacked for an 11 yard loss. Then run a screen instead of throwing it down field.

Instead of going for a 4th and long we try a 49 yard FG

Instead of taking a TO with 20 secs left we run a short pass play which takes 14 seconds off the clock.

Seems our entire team is allergic to 3rd downs defense can't get a 3rd down stop
What difference would that make? We'd go 3 and out and the D would be right back on the f#$ing field...

For the record that whole sequence where we threw on purpose to Steve and he got down with two seconds left to kick the field-goal has never been executed by us in the history of our program... in the history of our program. And I know the giving yourself up rule was just instituted recently but what I mean is the ability to execute something like that we never ever ever accomplish

For the record that whole sequence where we threw on purpose to Steve and he got down with two seconds left to kick the field-goal has never been executed by us in the history of our program... in the history of our program. And I know the giving yourself up rule was just instituted recently but what I mean is the ability to execute something like that we never ever ever accomplish
Much better than last weeks pre-half ****show

What difference would that make? We'd go 3 and out and the D would be right back on the f#$ing field...

So better to keep giving up 3rd down conversions I am confused by your statement?

Each week the kids do a little more. If they can make a few adjustments in the second half and stop the mistakes, this offense can score another 20-30 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom