UConn hoops back to Big East | Syracusefan.com

UConn hoops back to Big East

Jake

Mod
A sketchy report is out there. Uconn’s Official response is classic denial / non denial. Looks like it might be legit.

No word on what would happen to their football. Can’t see the AAC letting them stay.

Being reported by Boston Globe. No mention of the impending sanctions and indictments.

Confirmed by the Courant. If they join the Big East, they will be forced to agree to an enormous exit fee they will never be able to pay. This would be a lifetime commitment.

They gave up big time football to try and get their basketball program back,

Shocking to do this with no plan in place for football. I don’t think they will have a choice...for a while anyway, they will be an independent. Will they drop down to FCS level?

I suspect so.

I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was when they lost SNY coverage of their basketball programs with the disastrous new AAC TV contract.

Kind of sad to see this but the difference in dollara between acc and big east is still huge, not sure how viable big east is long term

I really want to laugh at them for this but honestly if this true it really is the best move. There’s no sense in killing their basketball program for the sake of their all but dead football program.

I really want to laugh at them for this but honestly if this true it really is the best move. There’s no sense in killing their basketball program for the sake of their all but dead football program.

Agree. TBH, there are too many schools trying to play D1 football anyway that should be spending their resources elsewhere imho.

2 additiinal conference wins for the existing big east teams.

It’s funny that this is actually a controversial decision amongst Uconn fans. Stop trying to make Uconn football happen!
Yeah, they should have done it 5 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom