UNH post game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNH post game

Hey it’s a win but we have some things to iron out. I was hoping to see JJ and Judah dominate

A lot of concerns coming out of this game and the exhibition games. They’re a really poor shooting team and the defense has shown to been poor at times against lesser competition. I’m worried that once they go against better competition these issues will really be magnified.

Mintz was 5-15 and Starling was 3-13. Hopefully, they can improve on that because I can't imagine that flying in ACC play.

Attachments

• 1699323474150.png
    1699323474150.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 38
I love all our guards and hope the rotation stays deep as we go into the season. The different lineups we can throw out there is what I am most looking forward to out of the gate.
The lineup was coached a bit too deep tonight. UNH is not very good and they hung with us all night.

Last edited:
Very curious where Benny would fit in with this team.
Having a 6'8" guy who can hit the three is a valuable commodity.

For some reason, even against the small team, Autry didn't use the two forwards lineup to shoehorn in some extra shooting. I'd like to see Bell Taylor and McLeod play together with whomever at guard if Williams is going to be out for a while.

It seems that whatever work they put in, Mintz and Starling didn't become sharpshooters over the off season. The lineup is going to have to account for that. Williams being out there gives the team another big guy who can hit the three.

Bell and Taylor are not ACC big men.

I came away very unimpressed. The hoop IQ is also very low.

If JJ can get his shot going he is the much better player when Judah is being selfish.

The limitations of the sophomore class are frustrating to watch honestly. The lack of that IQ and instinct especially. To me Cuffe and JJ are the most natural guards and players we have alongside Brown.

I’m withholding judgement until after Maui. I like the pieces we have and the potential. I think if we play to our strengths we’re a top 25 team if we can hit just enough deep balls. A lot of P5 teams are struggling against lesser competition so far. We are still without two guys who likely would/will get big minutes.

Having a 6'8" guy who can hit the three is a valuable commodity.

For some reason, even against the small team, Autry didn't use the two forwards lineup to shoehorn in some extra shooting. I'd like to see Bell Taylor and McLeod play together with whomever at guard if Williams is going to be out for a while.

It seems that whatever work they put in, Mintz and Starling didn't become sharpshooters over the off season. The lineup is going to have to account for that. Williams being out there gives the team another big guy who can hit the three.

Bell and Taylor are not ACC big men.
Agree 100% although I am much more confidant in Taylor with a big 3 than Bell.

Agreed. Cuffe plays with a high IQ, as does Brown although you could tell he wasn’t close to 100% tonight. Other than those two we’ve got some young athletes who are still a long way from figuring out how to win consistently at the college level. Wish they had one beefy, strong, versatile inside player. As well as a seasoned leader. Those as well as IQ seem to me to be what this team is sorely lacking. Hopefully Benny comes back and gets his act together, Westry gets healthy and can contribute, and JJ and Judah figure out how to shoot from the perimeter. Got to be embarrassing for guys that have NBA aspirations to be sagged off of so much by opposing defenses.

I came away very unimpressed. The hoop IQ is also very low.
I'm trying to be positive internally so I can be optimistic as long as possible. I'm also trying to not be too hard on Red until I see how he adjusts game-to-game through the first month or so. But tonight was a little concerning in a handful of areas.

I don't think Benny is a lights out shooter or anything but he better get his head out of his ass because we need his floor spacing. If he isn't playing by next week I will be very worried about this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom