Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed

Ragman2000 said:
Death Penalty War in Iraq Abortion Obamacare Syracuse Uniforms
Agreed. I'll put myself out there as a jerk -- but I'm not a chump.

Last edited:
Problem is, I turn on some college games now and I can't tell who is playing.

Not good.

Just so you know, they list the names of the teams along with the scores on the screen.

Looks like Texas.

Yes because Texas is the only team wearing all white these days. They are probably one of 50 that has/had an all white combo, every team below already has had them...just google image "all white uniforms".

SU would probably be in the minority of teams that has not worn an all white combo over the past 10 years.

UMD
Texas
Ok State
Navy
Mississippi State
Oregon
Miami
WVU
Kentucky
Gulp...Rutgers
BC
Beleive it or not ND
Ohio State
Texas Tech
Washington State
Auburn
Penn State
BYU

There are plenty more, not going to list them all.

EDIT: queue the response "Yeah, but it's not THEIR base uniforms".
My response: Who said these were ours? Furthermore, who cares?

Just because we have these in our repertoire doesn't mean these are the base unis. If they come up with something new tomorrow, does that make the new uni our base? Did they throw out our last year's unis? Do those now become our throwbacks? When the Orange pants come out, do those displace our white pants worn on Saturday as our "base" pants?

Just win the dang game for the love of God...

Who started this damn thread anyways?

Last edited:
Todd Gack said:
I cut and pasted -- literally. Get a grip -- neither you or me are the smartest people on this board.

Obviously.

Everyone knows that it's me.

The "Storm Trooper" look. I love it.

Those all white with the white helmet should be our HOME uniforms for most if not all games

Chip said:
Obviously. Everyone knows that it's me.
Definitely in the running -- but there are some "basketball onlies" you'd need to overcome.

EDIT: queue the response "Yeah, but it's not THEIR base uniforms".
My response: Who said these were ours? Furthermore, who cares?

Press release on SU Athletics webpage:
"At home, Syracuse will wear their familiar navy uniform finished by an orange anodized helmet with navy embellishments. The white away jersey and pants feature navy stripes and are capped by a white matte-finish helmet. The team's new alternate dark steel grey uniform with orange stripes will feature a navy helmet to complete the design trio."

Press release on SU Athletics webpage:
"At home, Syracuse will wear their familiar navy uniform finished by an orange anodized helmet with navy embellishments. The white away jersey and pants feature navy stripes and are capped by a white matte-finish helmet. The team's new alternate dark steel grey uniform with orange stripes will feature a navy helmet to complete the design trio."

Doesn't change my statement.

Doesn't change my statement.
Why would it change your statement? You asked "Who said these were ours [base uniforms]?" And I answered you that the University did. That's it.

Orange socks and or the orange long sleeves with their under shirts would look pretty smooth

Last edited:
Why would it change your statement? You asked "Who said these were ours [base uniforms]?" And I answered you that the University did. That's it.

University said what we will be wearing at home and away and also says trio of uniforms.

My statement was basically..."who said?" and "who cares?" Funny you didn't respond to any of my other questions.

Nowhere on the SU website or in that release that you posted that any uniform was a "Base Uniform" it stated what we will be wearing and when. And they can't even guarantee that as the players decide.

I love the all-whites. I'd love them at the dome more, though. You play one quarter outside with those things on, and all of a sudden it looks like the team's breakfast was sponsored by Chipotle. Was actually hoping for the all-platinums.

University said what we will be wearing at home and away and also says trio of uniforms.

My statement was basically..."who said?" and "who cares?" Funny you didn't respond to any of my other questions.

Nowhere on the SU website or in that release that you posted that any uniform was a "Base Uniform" it stated what we will be wearing and when. And they can't even guarantee that as the players decide.
Your right, the press release does not use the exact words: "base uniform". They only say the Navy Blues will be the home uniforms, the Whites will be the away uniforms and the Greys will be the alternative. Guess that wasn't clear enough.

I didn't answer any of your other questions because I don't know the answers to any of the other questions. I am not going to speculate about questions that 95% of the people on this site cannot answer. For example: I will not comment on the orange uniforms because as of right now they do not exist and I don't know the plans of them being released.

And to your question about "who cares" I think its pretty obvious that many people care. If not, there wouldn't be endless threads on this site. If not, then Nike wouldn't be making changes to the Florida State uniform after 2 games.

I find it funny that I pull the quote that I am answering [without any other part of the post included] just to show what SU Athletics says about the uniforms and you want to argue that they don't call it a "base uniform" and other parts of the post. I wasn't responding to the rest of the post, only to the part I quoted.You want to read into other people's posts just to fit your agenda, yet you can't read into the release on SU Athletics website to see that THEY are calling these the "base uniforms" without using the exact quote. I swear, some people around this site like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Because when they do that, it's a one off, not their base uniforms. Our base in now all blues and all whites.

Can't wait for this so called orange out. I'm wearing green.

You certainly are entitled, bees--but puh-leeze, not on September 27! :eek:;)

Your right, the press release does not use the exact words: "base uniform". They only say the Navy Blues will be the home uniforms, the Whites will be the away uniforms and the Greys will be the alternative. Guess that wasn't clear enough.

I didn't answer any of your other questions because I don't know the answers to any of the other questions. I am not going to speculate about questions that 95% of the people on this site cannot answer. For example: I will not comment on the orange uniforms because as of right now they do not exist and I don't know the plans of them being released.

And to your question about "who cares" I think its pretty obvious that many people care. If not, there wouldn't be endless threads on this site. If not, then Nike wouldn't be making changes to the Florida State uniform after 2 games.

I find it funny that I pull the quote that I am answering [without any other part of the post included] just to show what SU Athletics says about the uniforms and you want to argue that they don't call it a "base uniform" and other parts of the post. I wasn't responding to the rest of the post, only to the part I quoted.You want to read into other people's posts just to fit your agenda, yet you can't read into the release on SU Athletics website to see that THEY are calling these the "base uniforms" without using the exact quote. I swear, some people around this site like to argue just for the sake of arguing.
I agree with you I read the statement from cuse.com the same way you did and your right about the arguing thing I think some on here argue with their selves in the mirror...lol

Would everyone be cool if we just wore these instead and stopped screwing around with stupid looking jerseys?

McNabbMich.jpg

Ernj said:
Press release on SU Athletics webpage: "At home, Syracuse will wear their familiar navy uniform finished by an orange anodized helmet with navy embellishments. The white away jersey and pants feature navy stripes and are capped by a white matte-finish helmet. The team's new alternate dark steel grey uniform with orange stripes will feature a navy helmet to complete the design trio."

From the article.

The Orange will wear a clean, all white look Saturday at Kelly/Shorts Stadium, including the white helmet with orange 'S' — its base road uniform.

No. Cheesy numbers, mesh top, two much stripe, no logo = out of style.

Perhaps the numbers could be updated - but I think the solid Orange helmets, orange pants with the stripes should be SU's iconic brand forever in the same way that Penn State, Alabama, USC, Texas, etc. never sell out and change their look.

Perhaps the numbers could be updated - but I think the solid Orange helmets, orange pants with the stripes should be SU's iconic brand forever in the same way that Penn State, Alabama, USC, Texas, etc. never sell out and change their look.

I don't hate that idea ... But the ship has sailed I think.

Really what? I don't get the uproar about what 18-22-year olds choose to wear. Marsh, who I don't know if he's a graduate or not threw out (at the prospect of wearing white) "embarrassed"? Bees offered an explanation -- and I get the "one-off" bit, but that doesn't answer why he cares so much. Neither of us are graduates.

The whole "Orange" nickname is based on a wantingness to be different, right? Wasn't it chosen after some crew race where they wanted to pick a different color? God forbid kids 100+ years later had the same wantingness to switch things up.

Let's change the Yankees' uniforms to red and green plaid and see how the fans react.