Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed

TheCusian said:
Neither did we.

Ok, we still "bleed orange".

TheCusian said:
By others you mean players.

No

rrlbees said:
Seriously? Well if you don't, you're just trolling because you're going back and forth with every person that doesn't like them.
I've been pretty honest on this issue -- which is asking "Why do you care?"

OrangePA won't remember this, of course, but when we had this conversation a few months ago, Kaiser talked about how the lack of orange demeaned his degree. That's an exceedingly reasonable feeling to have -- I guess I just don't understand the rest of you. Or the inability to man-up.

Brilliant response.

No, Syracuse University is not the Yankees - or the Syracuse Chiefs for that matter.

It seems that you have little respect for Syracuse University or the tradition of Syracuse University Football. It seems that you don't appreciate or understand, or know about the players, the success, the bowl games - the tradition - none of it. Sorry, but if you don't appreciate or respect what we have had for so many years, then you probably should join another board.

Your kind of self-disrespecting Syracuse Football fan is exactly what we don't need. We need fans who are proud not ones who disparage.

So, while you're at it, lets not only get rid of the Yankee pinstripes, lets get rid of the Michigan winged helmet and the USC gold pants and the Buckeye helmet decals and the Texas Longhorn mascot!!

Lets get rid of everything and look like nobody - lets wear black jerseys and pants or grey jerseys and pants - so we can maybe make a buck and maybe tickle some kid in North Miami - during a two hour visit - who might wind up spending perhaps three to four years on the Hill and never be heard from again.

When I watch a Syracuse University Football game it would be nice if I could recognize my team.

It would be nice if I could watch a young player wearing an orange helmet and orange pants and think back on days when I was watching Kirby Dar Dar or Donovin Darius or Don McPherson or Scott Schwedes or Larry Csonka!

When the Orange takes the field this Saturday, I will look and see, what? Oklahoma State or Washington State or Rutgers? Who?

I'll see a group of guys wearing all white. I won't see anything I recognize.

And I should take solace - I shouldn't worry - because I can always look at the score on the screen and decipher the identity of my team?

Sorry, but it just doesn't work for me.

Bring back the traditional Syracuse University Football look and those of you in the athletic administration who have no other connection to the University or Program other than a temporary job - and who will likely move onto another job in the next few years - should start thinking more about those of us who have lived and died with the Program for decades.
Wow, really? You think that Syracuse is on par with the Yankees? You think that Syracuse football uniforms are as recognizable as the Yankees' are? I'm not demeaning Syracuse. Comparing any other sports team in the entire United States to the Yankees is just silly. The only brand comparable might be Manchester United or Real Madrid. They're entirely different levels. People would notice if the Yankees dropped the pinstripes. It's much more recognizable than anything SU has put out in terms of uniforms. It's night and day.

But college football is constantly changing -- rosters, coaches, conferences entirely -- and there's a lot of pressure to keep up with the Joneses. I think SU is doing an excellent job doing that in the uniform department. If it helps bring in talent, that's fantastic. College sports are so fluid, I think it's difficult not to change with it. Baseball is different, especially the Yankees. No game has stayed the same as much as baseball has over the years. Not much changes.

Todd Gack said:
I've been pretty honest on this issue -- which is asking "Why do you care?" OrangePA won't remember this, of course, but when we had this conversation a few months ago, Kaiser talked about how the lack of orange demeaned his degree. That's an exceedingly reasonable feeling to have -- I guess I just don't understand the rest of you. Or the inability to man-up.

You can stop with the little digs and attacks on posters. Man up about what? You're doing nothing but trolling.

Haha, what? I'm not a Syracuse fan? That'd be news to me. I'm just not silly enough to compare Syracuse changing its uniforms to the Yankees changing theirs. That's comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare Syracuse football uniforms to the Yankees' pinstripes. Entirely different. One of the world's top-5 most distinguishable sports brands against a middle-tier ACC program.

Maybe I'm confusing you with another poster, but aren't you a UConn fan? Maybe that was Upstater. If so, my mistake.

Maybe I'm confusing you with another poster, but aren't you a UConn fan? Maybe that was Upstater. If so, my mistake.
I think you are. I've been here a while.

rrlbees said:
You can stop with the little digs and attacks on posters. Man up about what? You're doing nothing but trolling.
Hmm, trolling? I've been on this board since it began -- also a member of its precursor (a paying one at that; Bees, I e-mailed you to get in). Are you saying that I've only been here to talk about uniforms unveiled within this year? Admittedly, I'm dug in on this issue -- because I simply don't understand why people care. Tell me!

As far as "digs and attacks" on posters, OrangePA started the day with saying he'd never recognized my handle before. And I might be the only guy who's recognized that Kaiser is as human as the rest of us.

Todd Gack said:
Hmm, trolling? I've been on this board since it began -- also a member of its precursor (a paying one at that; Bees, I e-mailed you to get in). Are you saying that I've only been here to talk about uniforms unveiled within this year? Admittedly, I'm dug in in this issue -- because I simply don't understand why people care. Tell me! As far as "digs and attacks" on posters, OrangePA started the day with saying he'd never recognized my handle before. And I might be the only guy who's recognized that Kaiser is as human as the rest of us.

Yes digs and attacks. And everyone who doesn't like the uni's, including me, have said why. You just don't want to read them and continue to take shots.

And Kaiser is not human. He's a figment of your imagination.

Hmm, trolling? I've been on this board since it began -- also a member of its precursor (a paying one at that; Bees, I e-mailed you to get in). Are you saying that I've only been here to talk about uniforms unveiled within this year? Admittedly, I'm dug in on this issue -- because I simply don't understand why people care. Tell me!

As far as "digs and attacks" on posters, OrangePA started the day with saying he'd never recognized my handle before. And I might be the only guy who's recognized that Kaiser is as human as the rest of us.

People care because it's human nature to have opinions about things. And when you're dealing with a group of people as large as the Syracuse football fan base, you're bound to get differing opinions. Some people take what the uniforms look like more seriously than others. This is basic human nature stuff...I'm not sure what you're so confused about. Perhaps if we went into these conversations with a basic understanding that 1) people are going to have opinions that differ and 2) that's ok, this idiotic conversation wouldn't have gotten so oddly personal.

Is there any way that that explanation could possibly end this trainwreck of a conversation? Cue "if you don't like it, don't read it" retort....

I've always felt that the more colorful old uniforms looked a lot better than the less interesting new ones Bill Parcells put them in. But they've been to six Super Bowls in the new ones and won three, so I don't expect them to change. I don't think they had the greater success because the players like the uniforms better. I just preferred the old ones because I like colorful uniforms. That's all.
You can prefer one to the other, that's not an issue. My point is, I just think if you start winning at a high level again, people will stop having these kind of discussions to the level we are now.

Seriously though, what does being a non-graduate have to do with uniform discussion? Non-Graduates are still fans and fans have opinions.
Not saying this is right, but it's because they figure their alumni would be more likely to donate $$$$ and therefore would value their opinion more.

rrlbees said:
Yes digs and attacks. And everyone who doesn't like the uni's, including me, have said why. You just don't want to read them and continue to take shots. And Kaiser is not human. He's a figment of your imagination.
You -- and others -- have said there's not enough orange. Why do you care? I've read all of these threads -- nothing better to do. Kaiser talked about a sense of self-worth -- do you agree?

the cattle, when trotted out to the field on saturdays, are as big a representation of what it means to be a Syracuse Orange(men) as there is.

to allow them to not be recognizable to the eye...within a split second, is an epic fail.

and yes, gack, only you can read this...Peace, Love Dope!! Now get the hell out of here...

You -- and others -- have said there's not enough orange. Why do you care? I've read all of these threads -- nothing better to do. Kaiser talked about a sense of self-worth -- do you agree?

So I take it my completely logical explanation about people having differing opinions was not enough then, right?

Why do you care why people care why there's not enough orange in the uniforms? While I don't necessarily share people's intense passion about the subject matter, it's not a far stretch to understand why someone might have an issue with the minimal orange in the uniform. What I am passionate about is people poorly representing the fanbase and contentious 7 page posts on uniforms drawn out because of nitpicky horsesh!t, in my opinion, poorly represents the fanbase.

jkm54 said:
People care because it's human nature to have opinions about things. And when you're dealing with a group of people as large as the Syracuse football fan base, you're bound to get differing opinions. Some people take what the uniforms look like more seriously than others. This is basic human nature stuff...I'm not sure what you're so confused about. Perhaps if we went into these conversations with a basic understanding that 1) people are going to have opinions that differ and 2) that's ok, this idiotic conversation wouldn't have gotten so oddly personal. Is there any way that that explanation could possibly end this trainwreck of a conversation? Cue "if you don't like it, don't read it" retort...
I man the "Why are we talking about this?" train. To say that people care is not noteworthy -- it's the "why" that matters. Few are willing to answer that. That said, I've had my fun.

You keep proving my point that those whose opinion is not liking the uniforms, mock the uniform. Those who do like them, mock people. Again, says a lot.

I man the "Why are we talking about this?" train. To say that people care is not noteworthy -- it's the "why" that matters. Few are willing to answer that. That said, I've had my fun.

I've been trying my ass off to turn my Alaska buddies into SU fans. And it's working for the most part. But it gets annoying when I have to explain 100 times, why a team named the Orange, is wearing all blue.. or all white.

Add that up there with "Wait.. they don't grow Oranges in NY do they?"

KaiserUEO said:
the cattle, when trotted out to the field on saturdays, are as big a representation of what it means to be a Syracuse Orange(men) as there is. to allow them to not be recognizable to the eye...within a split second, is an epic fail. and yes, gack, only you can read this...Peace, Love Dope!! Now get the hell out of here...
Rules? There are no rules here. But we do call the people who don "Orange" on Saturdays "cattle."

jkm54 said:
So I take it my completely logical explanation about people having differing opinions was not enough then, right? Why do you care why people care why there's not enough orange in the uniforms?
Our posts passed by each other -- and your earlier one didn't settle anything. There's a lot of opinions out there -- some people don't like Black people, others do. The why is more interesting. The "hate the uniforms" threads aren't fueled by the lovers, but the haters -- and then I'm there to ask why. You can kill a fire by denying it oxygen (i.e., shut up about it).

tumblr_m40y0rcjmP1rw6lcfo1_500.gif

It's definitely time for uniform talk to get its own forum. I suspect it might end up being our most popular.

CuseTroop said:
I've been trying my ass off to turn my Alaska buddies into SU fans. And it's working for the most part. But it gets annoying when I have to explain 100 times, why a team named the Orange, is wearing all blue.. or all white. Add that up there with "Wait.. they don't grow Oranges in NY do they?"
Man, you're the tits -- but, honestly, how many times have you had this conversation with them? And is it, again, honestly the deciding factor between whether they like Syracuse or not?

Our posts passed by each other -- and your earlier one didn't settle anything. There's a lot of opinions out there -- some people don't like Black people, others do. The why is more interesting. The "hate the uniforms" threads aren't fueled by the lovers, but the haters -- and then I'm there to ask why. You can kill a fire by denying it oxygen (i.e., shut up about it).

You're right...racism and uniforms are the same thing...and finding the root cause of both are equally important. Sociological studies should be performed on both.

Where we differ is that I think you're being a little (read: incredibly) liberal with defining why people don't like the uniforms as something that "matters." It doesn't.