Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed

SteveC said:
Seriously though, what does being a non-graduate have to do with uniform discussion? Non-Graduates are still fans and fans have opinions.
Got your back, slick. I'm a non-graduate, too -- one wondering why other non-graduates care so much about the color orange.

rrlbees said:
Comprehension. The current players have seen uni's changed from what they committed to 1 or more times. Players nowhere commit to a school because of their uniform.
Wait, I'm not saying people would leave the program because of the uniforms. Making stuff up.* I'm talking about 17-18-year olds who haven't signed a letter of intent. Comprehending.

* This line is a counter to Bees' passive-aggressiveness. I'm not making stuff up.

What's the last Broadway musical you saw? Admittedly, I've never seen something "on Broadway," but I've seen a few at the Kennedy Center. Not once -- once! -- did possible costume changes come up. Once! You know why? Because the price of admission implied that the receivers knew what they were doing. And they had skills beyond wearing what I'd hope they would.

Making sense is under-rated.

Take a step back. An employee of SU just said winning makes this argument moot -- to which I sarcastically replied that that can't be true. Talk about the uniforms all you want -- as I will respond how silly you are. I took the day off -- not for this, or did I ... -- and am remembering the slogan for Doritos (?): "Snack all you want. We'll make more."

Haha hey let's keep in mind I love these uniforms. But frankly -- we could wear sweatpants if we won every game I wouldn't give a damn. Winning > Uniforms

Got your back, slick. I'm a non-graduate, too -- one wondering why other non-graduates care so much about the color orange.

Personally I was born and raised in Syracuse. Been a Cuse fan since I can remember...Originally they were the Orangemen/women...however they dropped the men/women part, but have always been associated with the color orange, not white or blue. So to me a uniform lacking in or having very little orange is not completely identifiable with Syracuse University...Which I stated I liked the new uniforms, just wish there was a bit more orange in it.

I care less about the last part than you saying something I didn't.

The last part is what this thread is about. And since I didn't question your status as a fan, it's you who seem to be claiming that i said somehting I didn't.

Todd Gack said:
Wait, I'm not saying people would leave the program because of the uniforms. Making stuff up.* I'm talking about 17-18-year olds who haven't signed a letter of intent. Comprehending. * This line is a counter to Bees' passive-aggressiveness. I'm not making stuff up.

Your making stuff up.

Nobody used the words leave the program. Nice try. I said kids don't choose a school because of the uni's. You said you disagree. So if you disagree, you must believe they do. Therefore there must be current players who committed when we had different uni's than now. So I said nothing more than there must be some pissed players if your logic is correct.

This isn't difficult.

Chris02M said:
watch us where the platinum gray uniform at metlife

No doubt .

SWC75 said:
Making sense is under-rated.

He likes diversion.

DRBartlett said:
Haha hey let's keep in mind I love these uniforms.
No you don't (you're breaking the SyracuseFan meme) -- they were foisted on you/us by Nike. Poor us.

DRBartlett said:
Haha hey let's keep in mind I love these uniforms. But frankly -- we could wear sweatpants if we won every game I wouldn't give a damn. Winning > Uniforms

Of course winning is more important. Always will be.

Perhaps the numbers could be updated - but I think the solid Orange helmets, orange pants with the stripes should be SU's iconic brand forever in the same way that Penn State, Alabama, USC, Texas, etc. never sell out and change their look.

puke. no way.

Todd Gack said:
No you don't (you're breaking the SyracuseFan meme) -- they were foisted on you/us by Nike. Poor us.

You keep proving my point that those whose opinion is not liking the uniforms, mock the uniform. Those who do like them, mock people. Again, says a lot.

SWC75 said:
The last part is what this thread is about. And since I didn't question your status as a fan, it's you who seem to be claiming that i said somehting I didn't.
You wrote: "You implied that going to games or not was the test for whether someone should care about the uniforms."

Prove that I said anything close to that.

rrlbees said:
You keep proving my point that those whose opinion is not liking the uniforms, mock the uniform. Those who do like them, mock people. Again, says a lot.
Where did I say I liked them?

Todd Gack said:
Where did I say I liked them?

Seriously? Well if you don't, you're just trolling because you're going back and forth with every person that doesn't like them.

I can't believe this is 6 pages deep. Again.

Worse, i've read the whole thing.

Gave ya a like...so you got something out of reading all this...hope this brightens your day a bit now...

And you're not a Syracuse fan, so your opinion really doesn't mean squat around here.
Haha, what? I'm not a Syracuse fan? That'd be news to me. I'm just not silly enough to compare Syracuse changing its uniforms to the Yankees changing theirs. That's comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare Syracuse football uniforms to the Yankees' pinstripes. Entirely different. One of the world's top-5 most distinguishable sports brands against a middle-tier ACC program.