Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms @ Central Michigan revealed

Bayside44 said:
Didnt they go from red white and blue to silver and blue? I only watch them lose Super Bowl games so don't quote me on that color scheme...

I really don't know since I don't really watch them. I just know when I have seen them, they look similar and I know they are the pats.

AirForceOrange said:
Fixed for ya...;)
Way not to call attention to yourself. Are you on the taxpayer's dime at the moment?

I really don't know since I don't really watch them. I just know when I have seen them, they look similar and I know they are the pats.
They were red in the 80s, a bright shad of blue in the 90s, and navy blue now.

Way not to call attention to yourself. Are you on the taxpayer's dime at the moment?

I am on the taxpayer's dime for the rest of my life...am retired from the Air Force. Wasn't calling attention to myself...just goofing...

images

Pat the Patriot uniforms 1959-1993

upload_2014-9-12_11-54-37.jpeg

Bledsoe era 1993-2000
images

Bill Belichick era 2000-present

rrlbees said:
So you're the decider if someone's passion or opinion is misdirected? And you decide whose opinion is bitching or not? Funny how those who don't like the uni's, are bitching about the uni's. Those who like them are bitching about people. Says a lot.
Nope, never said I was "a decider." (That's GWB's mantle.) I'm just interested in why people care so much -- particularly non-graduates.

rrlbees said:
Why? I don't tie it to recruiting. Others do.
Then you're only picking and choosing the part of my argument you like.

Take a step back. An employee of SU just said winning makes this argument moot -- to which I sarcastically replied that that can't be true. Talk about the uniforms all you want -- as I will respond how silly you are. I took the day off -- not for this, or did I ... -- and am remembering the slogan for Doritos (?): "Snack all you want. We'll make more."

You implied that going to games or not was the test for whether someone should care about the uniforms. It's not.

I'd compare it to going to see a Broadway musical. The music was great. The costumes were lousy. What did you think of it? "The music was great." Do you withhold your opinion on the costumes because someone might think it's silly to have one. Do you advise anyone not to go because of the costumes? Do you decide you'll never go to a Broadway musical again because the costumes were bad? No. You just wish the costumes had been a little better. And you say so, because it's part of the show.

Ok...I am coming out of board semi-retirement just to comment on this...you all should feel priveleged. I kind of like the whites and blues...however I am not fond of the numbers. In my opinion, the main thing I don't like about the new unis is not enough orange...afterall we are the Syracuse Orange...not the Syracuse Whites or Syracuse Blues. Some of the changes are good, I think it makes the unis more modern and appealing to the younger generations, who we are trying to recruit. I just hope we don't lose our indentity and sell out our history and name just to make money from Nike...So in conclusion, I think the whites and blues are cool, just need a some more orange in them. As stated, definitely not sold on the numbers, but if the kids like them, so be it...

Finally...basically as long as the Orange win, whatever uniform colors/style they wear is fine with me...LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

Ok...back to my self-imposed semi-retirement/lurker status...
Bingo

The Patriots have changed their uniforms around a bunch of times over the years. Does it bother me as a Patriots fan? No... because they win. Just win some games and jerseys and all this nonsense is a non-issue.

I've always felt that the more colorful old uniforms looked a lot better than the less interesting new ones Bill Parcells put them in. But they've been to six Super Bowls in the new ones and won three, so I don't expect them to change. I don't think they had the greater success because the players like the uniforms better. I just preferred the old ones because I like colorful uniforms. That's all.

Last edited:
SWC75 said:
You implied that going to games or not was the test for whether someone should care about the uniforms. It's not.
I didn't come remotely close to saying that. Not within an inch. I live hundreds of miles away and own four season tickets. I will use two (collectively) this season. I'm as good a fan as you.

I don't take personal affront to SU's uniforms -- and I think that's a pretty unassailable position.

Todd Gack said:
Then you're only picking and choosing the part of my argument you like.

No, I'm responding to a specific comment you made.

SWC75 said:
You implied that going to games or not was the test for whether someone should care about the uniforms. It's not. I'd compare it to going to see a Broadway musical. The music was great. The costumes were lousy. What did you think of it? "The music was great." Do you withhold your opinion on the costumes because someone might think it's silly to have one. Do you advise anyone not to go because of the costumes? Do you decide you'll never go to a Broadway musical again because the costumes were bad? No. You just wish the costumes had been a little better. And you say so, because it's part of the show.

What's the last Broadway musical you saw? Admittedly, I've never seen something "on Broadway," but I've seen a few at the Kennedy Center. Not once -- once! -- did possible costume changes come up. Once! You know why? Because the price of admission implied that the receivers knew what they were doing. And they had skills beyond wearing what I'd hope they would.

I didn't come remotely close to saying that. Not within an inch. I live hundreds of miles away and own four season tickets. I will use two (collectively) this season. I'm as good a fan as you.

I don't take personal affront to SU's uniforms -- and I think that's a pretty unassailable position.

I didn't say you weren't a good fan. I assume everyone on this board is a good fan or they wouldn't be here. I don't take 'personal affront' to SU's uniforms, either. I just preferred the old ones.

rrlbees said:
No, I'm responding to a specific comment you made.
Which was that as many people choose to play for Syracuse because of their new uniforms as they do for Michigan or Penn State because of their traditional ones. You then said "Thank you for saying that no one plays for Syracuse because of their new uniforms." I don't accept that premise, but will you say that "No one plays for Michigan or Penn State because of their traditional uniforms"?

SWC75 said:
I didn't say you weren't a good fan. I assume everyone on this board is a good fan or they wouldn't be here. I don't tkae personal affront to SU's uniforms, either. I just preferred the old ones.
I care less about the last part than you saying something I didn't.

Todd Gack said:
Which was that as many people choose to play for Syracuse because of their new uniforms as they do for Michigan or Penn State because of their traditional ones. You then said "Thank you for saying that no one plays for Syracuse because of their new uniforms." I don't accept that premise, but will you say that "No one plays for Michigan or Penn State because of their traditional uniforms"?

Yep. Because I said I don't believe any player picks a school because of their uniforms.

rrlbees said:
Yep. Because I said I don't believe any player picks a school because of their uniforms.
A fair viewpoint. I disagree.

Todd Gack said:
A fair viewpoint. I disagree.

Our current players must be pissed.

Seriously though, what does being a non-graduate have to do with uniform discussion? Non-Graduates are still fans and fans have opinions.

Good question...was wondering the same myself...

Todd Gack said:
You mean the people committed after the reveal?

Comprehension.

The current players have seen uni's changed from what they committed to 1 or more times.

Players nowhere commit to a school because of their uniform.