UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

Why?

I debated leaving that out, since verbal contracts are binding. They’re just much harder to prove and can turn into a he-said, she-said deal.

As I noted, the much bigger issue is its likely the collective won’t exist by the time a lawsuit goes to trial. And you can try to recover losses from a nonexistent organization - but you are very unlikely to be successful. And this issue effectively kills any chance this could have been resolved in the courts.

I would think he has a good idea of the market for his services based on when he was in the portal last year.

Should he just play when the boosters are not honoring their NIL commitment?
I mean it’s only week 3 he could have gotten what was promised by the end of the year. I’m sure there are signed agreements. What happens when the new program backs out too?

And my biggest pet peeve is hearing kids (or adults) say "It's just different for kids today" or "it's harder for kids today". uh, no, not even close.
Well it was definitely harder to get into SU for me than kids today. Pretty sure it’s harder for young people to buy a house now than it used to be though.

Why do people think MWC players deserve so much? These athletic departments aren’t profitable and are run at a net loss. Vegas has an NFL team and no one has ever cared about UNLV.

Going to be full payment the day after they enroll at UNLV, assuming they intend to use the portal.

I've seen high rollers and some mega rich UNLV alumni spend 100k on their 16 year old daughters car thay they know they'll have to replace in 6 months. They could've come up with the money in 3 phone calls.

This kid is a doof.

This is the only thing that really makes sense.
What else is the University going to say? "We promised the QB some money to sign with us, once he signed and actually started playing, we never came up with the money." He is 3-0 on a Team on the rise and playing well, for him to just quit, they must have promised more than they delivered! He had a Good career at his previous school and was a QB in demand once he entered the Portal!

What else is the University going to say? "We promised the QB some money to sign with us, once he signed and actually started playing, we never came up with the money." He is 3-0 on a Team on the rise and playing well, for him to just quit, they must have promised more than they delivered! He had a Good career at his previous school and was a QB in demand once he entered the Portal!
They figure a way pay him and this doesn't get out which is why this is incredibly silly.

They figure a way pay him and this doesn't get out which is why this is incredibly silly.
it's so cheap and tacky. of course it's UNLV, a football program that no one cares about. It would never ever happen in the ACC/SEC/BIG.

it's so cheap and tacky. of course it's UNLV, a football program that no one cares about. It would never ever happen in the ACC/SEC/BIG.
Nobody cares, but, there are enough rich people who do. I lived there, I sat in the donation seats countless times.

My ex girlfriends law firm probably would've funded that with one call. Probably the cost of 3 months of one of their 250 billboards across the city.

What’s unsaid in that UNLV statement is anything about the period from when Sluka committed to the school and today.

Sluka committed to UNLV in January. It really does strain belief that he did so with nothing more than a commitment of $3K per month for moving and living expenses. What transfer FBS QB is getting that little from NIL?

It’s entirely possible that Sluka’s rep demanded money from the school/collective this week that had been verbally agreed to, but unpaid, since January.

The statement strikes me as carefully legally worded. Not a clarifying declaration.

Nobody cares, but, there are enough rich people who do. I lived there, I sat in the donation seats countless times.

My ex girlfriends law firm probably would've funded that with one call. Probably the cost of 3 months of one of their 250 billboards across the city.
Soooo then why are we here? I agree that $100K is nothing in the grand scheme. This QB is putting enough butts in seats for the Fresno State game alone to be worth that much.

You’re suggesting Sluka is lying about the $100K verbal promise?

Soooo then why are we here? I agree that $100K is nothing in the grand scheme. This QB is putting enough butts in seats for the Fresno State game alone to be worth that much.

You’re suggesting Sluka is lying about the $100K verbal promise?
Again, I know nothing but I know wrangling up 100k from UNLV alumni in 6 months would be easier than finding a penny under a Coinstar machine. I have more UNLV alum as friends than I do Syracuse. If there is one thing they do is flex and be flashy when they can, top 25 for the first time in forever, NFL stadium, there is money and excitement.

I'd suggest Sulka got a better offer and with these BS rules, what's stopping him? Integrity sure isn't.

If I'm wrong I apologize to the kid for questioning his integrity but all the signs point to him holding out.

Again, I know nothing but I know wrangling up 100k from UNLV alumni in 6 months would be easier than finding a penny under a Coinstar machine. I have more UNLV alum as friends than I do Syracuse. If there is one thing they do is flex and be flashy when they can, top 25 for the first time in forever, NFL stadium, there is money and excitement.

I'd suggest Sulka got a better offer and with these BS rules, what's stopping him? Integrity sure isn't.

If I'm wrong I apologize to the kid for questioning his integrity but all the signs point to him holding out.
Got it. So out of curiosity, what are some other guys on UNLV making from NIL?

Got it. So out of curiosity, what are some other guys on UNLV making from NIL?
I have noooooooo idea. But is it out of pocket for a QB for a ranked team in a large media market playing in a state of the art stadium to find 100k?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom