UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

i would gather 40-50 schools will line up to get him. We may be one of them if McCord leaves for the NFL. In fact I hope we would be to cover our bases.

Yup, this!!

Who cares if he’s a future pro?

I mean, that’s great and all, but what college teams need is a great college QB -
And Sluka is one.

He’s a Dungey-level talent.

What program (other than maybe the factories) wouldn’t want a guy who can help you win 10+ games next season?

Not saying I want this to happen, but imagine if he comes here next season now after all? He'd be looking for a one year shot and would fill a gap..

Not saying I want this to happen, but imagine if he comes here next season now after all? He'd be looking for a one year shot and would fill a gap..
I wonder what the JMU QB situation is...

I think with college football no one knows what happens. I mean Fran could take the Florida job, Chesney could ultimately end up at Syracuse. For someone to know what human nature will do is impossible.

It's year by year in college sports now.

Yup, this!!

Who cares if he’s a future pro?

I mean, that’s great and all, but what college teams need is a great college QB -
And Sluka is one.

He’s a Dungey-level talent.

What program (other than maybe the factories) wouldn’t want a guy who can help you win 10+ games next season?
Great minds ?? I just sent a text to friends calling him Dungy like .

It crossed my mind that zeeds personal problem may be related to nil

It’s crossed my mind that Zeed might have some issues. There was a preseason camp video where Fran was trying to coach him and he was throwing a tantrum. Fran I think basically told him to calm down and let me speak.

Last edited:

I think with college football no one knows what happens. I mean Fran could take the Florida job, Chesney could ultimately end up at Syracuse. For someone to know what human nature will do is impossible.

I agree though I do think Fran is in this for the long haul. That would honestly shock me.

Then again I have been wrong about people before.

i would gather 40-50 schools will line up to get him. We may be one of them if McCord leaves for the NFL. In fact I hope we would be to cover our bases.
He cannot throw the football. He makes Shrader look like Brady. His ceiling is G5. How many P4 programs have run heavy Os and no QB for next year? That list is very small. Maybe a school like UCF.

Agree, but Seems it’s moving toward game by game.

He cannot throw the football. He makes Shrader look like Brady. His ceiling is G5. How many P4 programs have run heavy Os and no QB for next year? That list is very small. Maybe a school like UCF.
Yeah, I feel like ACC defenses would eventually figure out how to stop that. Dungey could legit throw. Shrader could make throws when he was healthy.

Their two best WRs combined for 148 catches last year. This year they have 15. Could be an entirely different O we face.

Michigan

Guys let's not do this.

I normally wouldn't be on board, and hoping all is well with the kid and his family. But I'm not going to lie and say that removing his name from the depth chart entirely didn't make me raise an eyebrow.

Wax was still on the Georgia Tech depth chart as the starting LB.

Again, I assume and hope it's nothing, but I can see why people would wonder.

Maybe, the collectives met their obligation; but Stuka decided to go on and take the money and run. If he is looking for his last bag before he leaves, why not take 1.something bags? Who knows.

I love that the athletes have power, but this is really gross. He would hope no other team will take him in the future, but we all know that’s not true. Generally don’t actively rude against college kids, but I would make an exception for him. What a scumbag.

I don't understand why people are saying no one else should take this kid. If he was promised money, and didn't get paid, he didn't do anything wrong. How many of you would keep working at a job that didn't pay you?

he's better than Shrader. I think you are miscalculating this by a very long amount.

He may be good enough for a Taysom Hill role in the NFL. He's a very good college qb. I mean FSU would take him tomorrow right now.

Why would he sign a deal where he didn't get paid before the season though?

if he went back for more than thats a him problem.

Maybe, the collectives met their obligation; but Stuka decided to go on and take the money and run. If he is looking for his last bag before he leaves, why not take 1.something bags? Who knows.
Why not? Well I'd like to think that a man's word ((both athletes and school) should still mean something that's why.

But this is obviously all speculative. We don't know if he was wronged or not.

Is this binding on him? I mean, what's to stop a disgruntled player from dropping such a mid season threat?

He said he didn't get paid his NIL that they promised. Plus, if you go more than 4 games, you lose your ability to redshirt. This is his last year of eligibility if he had continued to play.

It’s a contract. He has to fulfill the contract before receiving money. A lot of these deals are appearance deals. So each time you show up to a signing event at the car dealership you get $50,000. He only gets that when he shows up, not a big bag of $ ahead of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom