UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

Of course the school "sources" are going to say that, lol
total egg on their face. i just don't get what the agreement is if you take them at face value here? Could they prevent him from transferring?

It’s a contract. He has to fulfill the contract before receiving money. A lot of these deals are appearance deals. So each time you show up to a signing event at the car dealership you get $50,000. He only gets that when he shows up, not a big bag of $ ahead of time.
And, none of it can be tied to playing football at UNLV. So, technically he could continue to make appearances and still force them to pay, right?

I mean in the NFL if you have a contract and you don't show up up for a practice or a game late etc. you get fined. Is this something that could start happening now if players refuse to play?

It’s a contract. He has to fulfill the contract before receiving money. A lot of these deals are appearance deals. So each time you show up to a signing event at the car dealership you get $50,000. He only gets that when he shows up, not a big bag of $ ahead of time.
I assume he has been there since the summer. In your example, he could have made a few appearances, received money and left. Again, who knows.

I mean in the NFL if you have a contract and you don't show up up for a practice or a game late etc. you get fined. Is this something that could start happening now if players refuse to play?
His contract can’t say anything about playing football for UNLV.

No celebration from me

They probably lose this week which means not ranked when we play.

It's easier to sell yourself and convince yourself things are going well if you have two top 25 wins first five games.

Plus

We have no idea how good the new QB ends up being

He may be less of a running threat but a way better passer
Please stop calling the GT win a top 25 win. They've beaten nobody. It was all smoke and mirrors based on their FSU win which turned out to be dog poop. They just got smoked by the Cards. Rankings don't mean squat until week 5.

Sorry guys this is all on me. I told him I would pay him 750k to not play against us and transfer to Cuse to be our starter next season.
Wednesday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Yup, this!!

Who cares if he’s a future pro?

I mean, that’s great and all, but what college teams need is a great college QB -
And Sluka is one.

He’s a Dungey-level talent.

What program (other than maybe the factories) wouldn’t want a guy who can help you win 10+ games next season?
He is no Dungy he is only completing 43% of his passes. Have you seen him throw? His style is great if you want to run the ball 50 times a game or you’re an FCS team but Dungey was far better.

I guess technically but we all know that's BS.
Well yeah, but an NFL contract is to play football for a certain team. An NIL deal is to make appearances or do other stupid crap. If he still completes those obligations, they technically have to pay him.

I wonder what the JMU QB situation is...

I think with college football no one knows what happens. I mean Fran could take the Florida job, Chesney could ultimately end up at Syracuse. For someone to know what human nature will do is impossible.

It's year by year in college sports now.
JFC he just lost to a 9 pt dog at home and you're ready to hand him an SEC job? You may not know what's going to happen but I do. SEC teams don't hire coaches who lose like that in year 1. You better make the damn playoffs if you want something like that to happen.

Well yeah, but an NFL contract is to play football for a certain team. An NIL deal is to make appearances or do other stupid crap. If he still completes those obligations, they technically have to pay him.

I seriously doubt that they will continue to pay him though so this is going to open open up even more NIL issues. This is going to get get crazy throughout the entire NCAA.

I seriously doubt that they will continue to pay him though so this is going to open open up even more NIL issues. This is going to get get crazy throughout the entire NCAA.
If he fulfills his side of the contract, they would have to pay him. He would be a real douche for doing that. But, he could.

If he fulfills his side of the contract, they would have to pay him. He would be a real for doing that. But, he could.

Yeah that's why I think both both parties will probably say it's a mutual breakup. He can then move into another college and rinse and repeat if he wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom