UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

I normally wouldn't be on board, and hoping all is well with the kid and his family. But I'm not going to lie and say that removing his name from the depth chart entirely didn't make me raise an eyebrow.

Wax was still on the Georgia Tech depth chart as the starting LB.

Again, I assume and hope it's nothing, but I can see why people would wonder.
The Depth Charts generally reflect the last game played. Hence Wax still being on after Game 1 and Zeed now dropping off after Stanford.

The Depth Charts generally reflect the last game played. Hence Wax still being on after Game 1 and Zeed now dropping off after Stanford.

Yeah, I guess I always forget that when they release it as part of the upcoming game's notes.

They should just say and here's the depth chart from the game we just played.

JFC he just lost to a 9 pt dog at home and you're ready to hand him an SEC job? You may not know what's going to happen but I do. SEC teams don't hire coaches who lose like that in year 1. You better make the damn playoffs if you want something like that to happen.
Well Doug Marrone had a great agent because he lost 5 games yearly and got an NFL HC job

Just a slight tangent only because it's been mentioned more than once about the desire of Sluka coming here next season to be our starter - Michael Johnson, Jr. will be our starter, you can take that to the bank.
What if he hires Sluka’s agent and hires Sluka’s parents as advisors?

And, none of it can be tied to playing football at UNLV. So, technically he could continue to make appearances and still force them to pay, right?

As I understand it, yes.

I assume he has been there since the summer. In your example, he could have made a few appearances, received money and left. Again, who knows.

Yeah, he definitely could have done that.

Well Doug Marrone had a great agent because he lost 5 games yearly and got an NFL HC job
NFL fanbases are more forgiving than SEC Fanbases and Marrone resurrected a dead program. What he did was a miracle. What FB has done has been average at best...coaching wise. Recruiting is ++++

NFL fanbases are more forgiving than SEC Fanbases and Marrone resurrected a dead program. What he did was a miracle. What FB has done has been average at best...coaching wise. Recruiting is ++++
If Fran gets this team to 9 wins that's resurrecting a dead program. Smart programs read through the BS and hire talent. Didn't Saban lose a few games at Mich ST before he left for LSU.

If Fran is on the radar he'll be circled and hunted by the SEC. I have no idea if he's full of or will stick it out. To suggest he won't be in demand if they do good (not great) is naieve IMO...

Please stop calling the GT win a top 25 win. They've beaten nobody. It was all smoke and mirrors based on their FSU win which turned out to be dog poop. They just got smoked by the Cards. Rankings don't mean squat until week 5.
Doesnt matter if they are just rank now. They were ranked when we beat them.

Strange stuff - locally we have school soccer games (varsity, JV and modified teams) being cancelled because the section 3 soccer refs don’t like a new procedure for getting paid. Not that they aren’t getting paid but disliking the new online procedure to enter the info to get paid. These poor kid’s soccer teams are paying the price and being punished. Sad. It’s adults setting a horrible example for kids. Uggh

Given what Slukas father said (and grain of salt of course) where they promised money on a contract in February, and it never came, I would have done the exact same thing.
What will stop an entire team from not playing due to a universal "pay us a raise for the performance so far" if these contracts are as flimsy as this one. I refuse to believe this is the only one that was a handshake of sorts.

I don't understand why people are saying no one else should take this kid. If he was promised money, and didn't get paid, he didn't do anything wrong. How many of you would keep working at a job that didn't pay you?
If that's the case, then UNLV is obviously in the wrong. If it's the other way and he walked into Odom's office and demanded an additional $300,000 over what they agreed, then its hard to sympathize with him. But whatever, get the money.

If there was a contract shouldn’t the issue be pretty straight forward?
it's probably nuanced but he probably wasn't paid the iniital 100k he was promised and then went to the coach and told him, "you are in default and btw the fee is now 400k". I'd do the same thing too. They breached and now are going to pay the vig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom