UVA Attendance | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Because we have been 3-0 once and 5-0 NEVER, since 2000.
I believe we were 3-0 twice, 2015(cigar boy and his crazed "we're 3-0! 3-0!" press conference) and 2018. either way, your point is well taken. I think 1992 was the last time we started 5-0 if I am not mistaken, so this could be big stuff, a win against UVA means 5-0 is in the bag

I believe we were 3-0 twice, 2015(cigar boy and his crazed "we're 3-0! 3-0!" press conference) and 2018. either way, your point is well taken. I think 1992 was the last time we started 5-0 if I am not mistaken, so this could be big stuff, a win against UVA means 5-0 is in the bag
1991. 5-0 heading into Florida State.

Then 5-1. ;)

Not sure why people say that though, it’s not just the live gameplay minutes it’s everything; the anticipation building week to week, the analysis, pre game/ post game shows, tailgating, the cheering in the Dome in between downs while we’re on D etc. it’s TONS of entertainment time.

Hmmmm cheapest ticket price on ticket master is 16.00 . That’s the highest it’s been this year by a couple dollars . Wonder if that means anything , probably not .( UVA)

It does actually

Ticketmaster and legends (who runs our ticketing side of things) uses dynamic pricing. If the demand is higher the prices will be higher and obviously if demand is lower the price will be lower

Last edited:
Not sure why people say that though, it’s not just the live gameplay minutes it’s everything; the anticipation building week to week, the analysis, pre game/ post game shows, tailgating, the cheering in the Dome in between downs while we’re on D etc. it’s TONS of entertainment time.
Yeah, if you literally only care about what happens after the snap then you shouldn't bother going to a game in person. Especially a college game, where the best parts are everything that surrounds the snaps.

One thing you people are not taking into consideration is electronic ticketing. It's a royal pain in the Butt. You don't know what I had to go through to go to the L'Ville game. I am sure that there are lots of people who just don't want to put up with all the issues of electronic ticketing. I for one have had it with passwords. I refuse to set up accounts with with doctors, grocery stores, deli's and just about everybody else who is trying to get my data. One of my doctor's actually wanted my driver's license number. What the hell for? I wouldn't last long in China. My grocery store actually want's me to electronically order deli meats with a passwords etc. I shouldn't eat that crap anyway. Processed meats are deadly for you.
I needed a tire. I used to go to BJ's pick out the tire and they'd put it on the car. Now, I'm told I have to order the tire with passwords etc and they would let me know when the tire was in. I went to Pep Boys and got a tire on New Year's Day.

Another thing is the length of the game. Do you realize yesterday's game lasted over four hours. Four Hours! When I first had season tickets, I think games started at 1:30 and I can remember games ending before 4:00. Yesterday, I was at an event and could glance up at the TV showing the game. It seemed like every time I looked up they were showing commercials. Who wants to sit four hours for a game? That's my rant. It aint easy going to a football game. Better to record the game and fast forward through the crap.
What I do every week. Do it for hoop as well. The game flies by.

What shocks me is the Syracuse Mets can sell 10,000 tickets in 5 days when they announce Jacob deGrom is pitching in Syracuse yet SU football struggles to sell anywhere near that many tickets in the 5 days before for a big game like UVA.

Its to bad SU Athletics does not have a convenient box office location like a kiosk at Destiny USA or in the warehouse near Armory Square where casual fans can purchase no surcharge tickets during the week.

What shocks me is the Syracuse Mets can sell 10,000 tickets in 5 days when they announce Jacob deGrom is pitching in Syracuse yet SU football struggles to sell anywhere near that many tickets in the 5 days before for a big game like UVA.

Its to bad SU Athletics does not have a convenient box office location like a kiosk at Destiny USA or in the warehouse near Armory Square where casual fans can purchase no surcharge tickets during the week.
They have probably already sold about 30,000 tickets and the game has been on the schedule for a long time that’s why, but not a bad idea to try a kiosk somewhere.

Little Cheaper to take family of 4 to Mets then to Dome.

Maybe Weitsman can pay Degrom to show up Friday night at the Dome.

Correct

UVA for a Saturday game might bring 500-750

UVA on Friday night will be 2-300

Anecdotal: I asked 5-6 Purdue fans where they came in from. The furthest away was Cleveland...the rest were within 3-4 hours.

Unfortunately Syracuse is near the bottom for travel ease (and game location desirability) of ACC fans.
thats what I found too. there are people living pretty close for almost all the teams we play so they drive over.. Getting fans to travel is hard.. But seeing as Purdue seldom travels outside driving range they really dont have to travel much as fans anyway.. conn/rut/nevada/mizzo/marshall going back to 2015.. they stay in the midwest for almost all their games.

This may not imply anything - but - I work in a large office downtown… everybody was talking about Syracuse football today.

That doesn’t happen. Maybe a couple of us diehards, but not the whole office.

People are noticing.
I’ve been giving tickets to my company box to a lot of the younger 20-somethings for the last 2 games with hope I can suck them in.

More tickets were sold for Purdue than Virg right now just looking around.. But looking at NC st tickets that are for sale now were not sold for the purdue game until mid week last week. Thats a good sign.

FSU looks about the same as Virginia right now

I left the game sat and was over in Dewitt and had people ask me if they played today.. Thats the issue people just dont know..

My mom called me and did you see that game?

So there's progress too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom