UVA Attendance | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Syracuse is still a 10 point favorite and line isn't really going down. They SHOULD win and this isn't an even match up. It doesn't matter what fans think or who fans are looking past. Other than Wagner this is the easiest game left on our schedule.

This will be a BAD loss for Syracuse and it doesn't matter if I am looking forward to NC st or not. 10 point favorite at home should WIN. This isn't Purdue game part 2.

Close game? Sure, maybe but SU still should win. I don't think it's going to be a blow out by any means but to date UVA has not shown much
BC may be an easier game.

Welp my cousin and I tested positive for Covid today after the Purdue game. So i will not be in attendance for Virginia. -1

Sidenote: How strict is the no re-entry thing? I saw a rather large amount of younger people leave the building during halftime.
I usually buy a cheap extra ticket so I can re-enter. Tons of students left and did not return on Saturday at halftime.

1991. 5-0 heading into Florida State.

Then 5-1. ;)
1991 was actually a 4-0 start. Then we got handled at #1 FSU (started that game strong), then came home and lost to the perpetually annoying East Carolina (who ended up finishing 9th in the country with Jeff Blake). Then we ran the table and finished 10-2.

Our last 5-0 start was 1987.

rich and Ill ran for close to 200 against them. ODU doesnt really have much offense so they did about what the normally do. We need to see the running game wake up. This might be the easiest P5 we play to run against the rest of the year. 200/250 mix would be a good sign.
We'll know after the 1st Q...I for one prefer a solid victory by 3 TDs vs another emotional roller-coaster like last week.

My prediction: Cuse in 5 OTs wins after UVA muffs a game winning FG attempt.

I think the Friday night games have always been pretty well attended. UVA is at least a decent name. Syracuse a 9-10 point favorite and is 3-0. I look for the offense to come out much stronger as well.

I know people seem to think that UVA is coming alive not sure why they would think that? They have barely beaten two smaller schools and got crushed by Illinois? I guess I just don't see it but stranger things have happened.
UVA had 500 plus yards against ODU who beat the Hokies. Need to get things straightened out in the secondary. I was surprised how easily Purdue threw on us. A little concerned. Having said that I think we win by 10.

1992 was actually only a 2-0 start. Got handled at home by Ohio State and Kirk Herbstreit in Week 3 before winning every game until the infamous Miami/Gedney game.
yeah, senility is rough for me, I knew it was 1991 but for some reason said 1992. probably because I consider the 1992 team to be the best SU team I have seen, minus 1987 of course

UVA had 500 plus yards against ODU who beat the Hokies. Need to get things straightened out in the secondary. I was surprised how easily Purdue threw on us. A little concerned. Having said that I think we win by 10.

They put up 3 points against Illinois, and Illinois offensive stats were not surprisingly very pedestrian.

Purdue has 3 NFL skill guys out there.

I would think with things clicking we can really score in this one. Tucker is about due.

Agreed. I am not guaranteeing anything. My whole point is we are favored to win by 10, we have played much better football than UVA and the game is home on a Friday night which have been fairly well attended and those that attend hit it hard from about 5 pm to 6:45. Fans will be ready regardless of how many are in there.

UVA has been OK, they move the ball blah blah, they still almsot lost to ODU and probably should have and got curb stomped by Illinois.

Just go win the game and beat a lessor opponent like a good team should because after 5-0 we have a lot of games where we will NOT be favored.

Agreed. I am not guaranteeing anything. My whole point is we are favored to win by 10, we have played much better football than UVA and the game is home on a Friday night which have been fairly well attended and those that attend hit it hard from about 5 pm to 6:45. Fans will be ready regardless of how many are in there.

UVA has been OK, they move the ball blah blah, they still almsot lost to ODU and probably should have and got curb stomped by Illinois.

Just go win the game and beat a lessor opponent like a good team should because after 5-0 we have a lot of games where we will NOT be favored.
Yea , I was feeling good after I saw the Illini score. I personally think Garrett Williams had as bad a game as he will have against a outstanding WR. and the other Garrett had a miserable 1st half by his own account. I think we win. I’m always paranoid.

Last edited:
1991 was actually a 4-0 start. Then we got handled at #1 FSU (started that game strong), then came home and lost to the perpetually annoying East Carolina (who ended up finishing 9th in the country with Jeff Blake). Then we ran the table and finished 10-2.

Our last 5-0 start was 1987.
Ohhh, right. My bad.

Two top 10 seasons in 1991 and 1992. Good times.

Just saw a television add for UVA game here in Binghamton. Ran at 10 on Comedy Central. Wonder if marketing data went into the time slot . It was during South Park which would lead me to believe their targeting younger generation.

In looking at the ticket master map, way too many dark blue areas. I was and am hoping for 40K, but could see 35-37K again.

The community tends to get out and further support this team. Yes, I’ll be there on Friday night !

Illinois defense and RB are actually very good

They has a RB that put up numbers for sure, but it doesn't seem like anything we couldn't replicate, esp since GS needs to be spied more than TD.

Just saw a television add for UVA game here in Binghamton. Ran at 10 on Comedy Central. Wonder if marketing data went into the time slot . It was during South Park which would lead me to believe their targeting younger generation.
There is a digital billboard ad promoting the SU - UVA in Township Five (Camillus) which you can also see from I695.

the Purdue game was just so damn weird, both teams played pretty decently defensively(with a ton of mistakes tossed in to help the respective defenses out) for 3 quarters and then everything went insane in the 4th quarter. UVAs O line is still an issue, we should be able to get a lot of pressure on Armstrong, he can run it for sure but same with Cunningham and we were able to make him pretty miserable all game with pressure. Our run game concerns me, I totally understand that everyone is game planning to stop Tucker, but c'mon, he couldn't bust one big run against crappy U Conn?? he just looks like he is not 100%. I expect us to win by 10-14, another huge game for this program, like I keep saying, 4-0 means 5-0, let's get it done peeps!

I usually buy a cheap extra ticket so I can re-enter. Tons of students left and did not return on Saturday at halftime.
WHY would they do that? Incomprehensible to me.

The spread is high but lets be honest if you made a thread comparing us to Illinois everyone would be talking about how much better we are than them. UVA got badly blown out and are on the road.

This game makes me nervous. Set up for a let down game after a tough win against Purdue

We could have said something similar for every game this year. Even game 1, minus a win prior. But let down game with new staff, tough opponent, etc. This team has a different feel than in the past. In the past I was always worried about a letdown which usually happened. We’ve handled business this year. No reason to think we won’t the next two weeks too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom