Uva | Syracusefan.com

Uva

Tony shows over and over again that a good coach can also be a gentleman.

Perhaps a good model going forward after the previous generation so often fell short of that.

Hope this puts to rest once and for all the fallacy that what TB is doing at UVA "can't" result in a Final Four appearance or better.

While I understand the envy of some SU fans, the remedy is not to attack UVA, but to stick to our own knitting and get a hell of a lot better.

This UVA love fest is gross. I hope Guy, Jerome and Diakite all decide to turn pro. UVA needs to fall back to earth.
Agree. Good for them for finally making a Final Four but I for one am sick of Virginia regular season dominance. They do need to have a down season one of these years. It’s getting annoying at this point.

Agree. Good for them for finally making a Final Four but I for one am sick of Virginia regular season dominance. They do need to have a down season one of these years. It’s getting annoying at this point.

We all hope they crash and burn one of these days since that helps us but in the meantime it is ok to be happy for Tony B.

Happy for UVA, though a little sad for Edwards coming up just short after that legendary performance. That shot making was just insane.

Agree. Watching Edwards just drain shot after shot was incredible. Kid's a stud.

I also think it's a reminder that this thing is a single-elimination tournament. While everyone gets fired up when a school has a disappointing tourney stretch under a coach (remember: Roy, JB, Wright, Bennett, Cal, etc. have all been labeled at one point or another guys who couldn't win big games for whatever reason), it only takes one run to turn all that stuff on it's ear.

Pretty sure we now think of most of those guys mentioned as at least pretty darn good coaches overall and JB in particular, whatever anyone may think of him, has put together some pretty impressive march runs the past 10-15 years.

Anyway, point is

This constant gushing about a rival ACC school by SU fans is so bizarre. I see UVA the same way I viewed Nova, UConn and GTown in the Big East.

Hope they all lose from here to eternity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom