Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

Hindsight 20:20...should have cancelled all conf tourneys...used regular season standings to determine bids and conf champs...and used that time to begin isolating all teams

Oh well

our best hope is that it's a bench warmer or coach. worse case, we can still probably field a team of five based just on guys who already had it...

Hindsight 20:20...should have cancelled all conf tourneys...used regular season standings to determine bids and conf champs...and used that time to begin isolating all teams

Oh well
boeheim essentially predicted this too -- if you're a top team, why play...

I might be in the minority here, but I don’t see how the NCAA tournament is going to work if they can’t even escape the conference tournaments unscathed by Covid.

IMO we shouldn’t even have March Madness this year. Professionals are paid millions, Covid risk is now an occupational hazard for them. These kids aren’t paid. They shouldn’t have to shoulder the risk.
This has to be stemming from an arena and or leagues ops person. The teams are way too careful and used to the process. I hope Indy is doing a deep dive.

Ok, so people are saying 7 days of negative tests are required, but you can play with just 5 if you have to?

Does this mean the entire team has to be clean for 7 days, but then after that if any players test positive they're just ineligible so long as you have 5 guys testing negative?

If they start cancelling conference tourneys and then play the NCAA tournament the following week , it’s a bad look for college basketball . Pretty much admitting they are spreading the disease by playing these tournaments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom