Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

The loss of smell/taste thing really scares me. A few manuscripts I have read present some compelling evidence that this is a neurological symptom. Lots of ACE2 receptors in the brain stem, and it has been confirmed that at least the spike protein can pass the blood/brain barrier.
Correct: high ACE2 expression in the pons and medulla oblongata. S1 spike protein can traverse the BBB. While I don't believe we've confirmed whether the virus in toto can get / has gotten through, the attendant cytokine storm is still sufficient to disrupt CNS function.

I have not really followed the news.
This issue will certainly impact the tournament.

Correct: high ACE2 expression in the pons and medulla oblongata. S1 spike protein can traverse the BBB. While I don't believe we've confirmed whether the virus in toto can get / has gotten through, the attendant cytokine storm is still sufficient to disrupt CNS function.

:)

Well I’ll be dammed!

Hmmm not even a minute?!
I believe the rule is that you have to be within 6 feet of the person with COVID for at least 10 consecutive minutes. In New York, I think the interval is 5 minutes.

I am surprised there was an instance as long as 46 seconds. Probably after a break in play, where the players were standing close to each other waiting for play to be re-started.

Boeheim just said the longest any of our players were next to covid dude was 46 seconds. Man technology is something else
He said without the chips they’d be forced out due to precaution.
I would think, if anyone is interested in doing the research (rewatching the game and logging how long who was near who), it would be doable to determine who the player was who tested positive.

No, I'm not volunteering. :)

I believe the rule is that you have to be within 6 feet of the person with COVID for at least 10 consecutive minutes. In New York, I think the interval is 5 minutes.

I am surprised there was an instance as long as 46 seconds. Probably after a break in play, where the players were standing close to each other waiting for play to be re-started.
Hmm I think it’s collective over a period of time. Anyway who knows. Go orange.

if virginia is playing in ncaa it will be easy to identity the guilty player since they won't be able to play at least in the 1st week

Its really hard to contact trace when they dont announce who the player is, no?

How does being a replacement team work? I have LVille cousins and they are devastated. Plus, one got hospitalized today. And now she feels REALLY sick!

I think the seven straight days thing may be difficult for the Hoos. Louisville may get their shot vs. Ohio.
have to pull out by tuesday night or its a walkover victory for ohio. If everyone of virginias players are in isolation i think they just have to have 5 eligible to play

can you even really practice during this.. if you do and one guy has an issue you are screwed if you isolate you have a chance.. ESPN just said they hope to travel on Friday. its gonna be tough on them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom