Wake Forest Postgame Thoughts | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Postgame Thoughts

Copeland and JJ is not a bad starting backcourt, and then bring Choppa off the bench as instant offense. Keep Cuffe around as the 4th guard.

Are we going for the worst shooting backcourt in Syracuse's history?

It’s not throwing stones. It’s the truth. That’s not even up for debate. I’m not belittling anyone. Name an occasion in the past where ownership was taken? Was always the players fault
Call it whatever you want. You took a cheap shot at the coach who built the program. It was unnecessary.
Would you like dates or specific games that he took ownership because you know that's a bs question.

Apparently, and after witnessing what has gone on this year with our guards ability to shoot some want to try and even top that!

Starling, Copeland and Brown are good pieces. Fine with them. Surround them with players without crybaby attitudes and who want to win.
I wish I had a reason to believe that JT will be an ACC-level player next year because he fits that description. I feel bad for him.

So I’ll be sure to follow JJ closely the next 2-3 years and he should end up 4th in career ACC 3 point shooting history. Just one spot below JG3, you know, since they are trending the same!

Are we a name program though? Or are we just a mediocre program to most kids today? Are we closer to Wake Forest than Duke or UNC? I’m not sure recruits view the program the same way as we long time fans do. Judging by last night, we’re looking up at Wake Forest. We are what we’ve been for a decade plus. It’s scary and depressing. Can Red create Fran Brown excitement? I’m not seeing it…yet.
Yes, though our tourney runs in the last 10 years have helped us slow down the process of losing that status. We still are getting very good recruits on paper that with proper strength and conditioning we would be at a place we want to be in terms of the top 25, competing for conference championships, and deep runs in the tourney. We need to get back to that fast because we will start to lose very badly on the recruiting trail because it’s now clearly noticeable that UCONN and other programs in the area develops players significantly better than Syracuse. If that happens, we will be forced to take significantly inferior talent to what was our peers and by that time we will be forced to put significant work into strength and conditioning. Hopefully, we focus on building that culture now as priority number 1 or we are going to be forced (if we don’t get the message then we might as well start playing our games in a high school gym)
to do this with players with much less accolades in their high school days than the players on our roster now.

So I’ll be sure to follow JJ closely the next 2-3 years and he should end up 4th in career ACC 3 point shooting history. Just one spot below JG3, you know, since they are trending the same!
I don’t know if you could follow JJ closer than you do Joe. If you did, your nose would be in JJ’s intestines

I wish I had a reason to believe that JT will be an ACC-level player next year because he fits that description. I feel bad for him.
Its nothing personal, he’s clearly got some good tools. We need players who’d rather miss the plane home and cancel the weekend than lose. Aside from Copeland, Maliq and at times Benny… I see no dog in this team at all

Early in games Red needs to put JJ in position to get shots off the dribble. He’s become very effective shooting pull-ups from around fifteen feet. We ball screens for JJ and less for Judah.

I don’t know if you could follow JJ closer than you do Joe. If you did, your nose would be in JJ’s intestines
I follow Joe closely because he’s originally from the next town over. However, I remain a Cuse fan and will be at Saturdays game against Clemson wearing my Syracuse hat. That doesn’t blind me from being able to point out the obvious, as it does to plenty of people on here unfortunately.

Starling, Copeland and Brown are good pieces. Fine with them. Surround them with players without crybaby attitudes and who want to win.
Depending what thread you read Copeland should not have been put back on the plane to CNY. I don't understand how he can be the hero 1 minute and complete trash the next

I wouldn’t put bell in that conversation. He’s had some big games for us this year. Taylor on the other hand..totally
I don't think Autry sees it this way. By everything the coaches say Taylor works and Bell just shoots. Taylor can't score but tries to play the 4 but is overmatched, Bell doesn't try but sometimes scores. I'm not sure either of them are P5 talents or what the answer is.

Depending what thread you read Copeland should not have been put back on the plane to CNY. I don't understand how he can be the hero 1 minute and complete trash the next
Copeland’s an ACC talent and wants to win. I’ve seen enough from him to be confident in that. He fights.

Also - any man that slaps around Pitt like Copeland is a good man in my eyes

That’s because it’s the not same person posting. People have different opinions.

Starling was 1-18 from 3 in November games. (Kind of like Buddy's 1-22 start).

Since then, he has made 28 out of 70 attempts - 40% - in his last 15 games. This last 15 games is a "half a season" sample. JJ is a legit 3 point shooter. He could totally start as the off-guard from Copeland at the point.

Copeland’s an ACC talent and wants to win. I’ve seen enough from him to be confident in that. He fights.

Also - any man that slaps around Pitt like Copeland is a good man in my eyes
I really hope people are making too much of Copeland's frustration.

It's natural to get frustrated, especially when a team's losing some games.

Doesn't mean everything blows up or inevitably will blow up.

Admittedly I didn’t follow the game as close as I usually do because of the score and the fact I was at a family party so I have to ask why are we down on Copeland after last night? Did he yell at Red or something? If that’s the case I don’t think it’s a huge deal. He’s one of the guys that always plays hard.

Starling was 1-18 from 3 in November games. (Kind of like Buddy's 1-22 start).

Since then, he has made 28 out of 70 attempts - 40% - in his last 15 games. This last 15 games is a "half a season" sample. JJ is a legit 3 point shooter. He could totally start as the off-guard from Copeland at the point.
Offense isn’t JJ’s problem right now. It’s the other end where he’s awful.

I really hope people are making too much of Copeland's frustration.

It's natural to get frustrated, especially when a team's losing some games.

Doesn't mean everything blows up or inevitably will blow up.
He gets frustrated because he hates losing.

Other players get frustrated because they’re more important than the team

An interesting aspect of yesterdays game, and believe me I’m not saying we would have won, but when Taylor hit those 4 shots and cut it to 12, I’m surprised Mintz then didn’t try and impose his usual style of play to either draw fouls or get to the hoop. In fact, it was the complete opposite and he did not score a single point in the 2nd half. Not sure if he was already checked out or not, but strange nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom