Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

It must be miserable hating the philosophy that the HC of your favorite team implements. Questioning him at every turn, knowing that you could do it better, and never getting that chance to coach, develop, and recruit the kids you know could make them a contender yearly.

Yet, he’s never canned for his awful decisions, and ability to spot talent. To top it off, he’s racist now, and puts his hope in white boys only. His son, and adopted son being the chosen ones. The days of Pearl, Sherm, Flynn, Scoop, MCW, and Dion are over. Dior should probably see that he will have to come off the bench for JB. Kid must be nuts to spend his one year with a guy like JB. Who obviously prefers GMac doing the heavy lifting over those other two.
Wow.
The short-sighted reach exemplified in this post is truly breathtaking.
I know, or hope, that you exaggerated for effect, but you throw a lot of stones here. Kudos.

No one should be surprised by this. I brought it up in December and everyone wanted to talk about how much fun Jalen was having on the bench and blah blah. This will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Goodine was a shock to me as that was never discussed. But this was writing on the wall
That’s what we’re saying. Most people didn’t think we’d lose BOTH Goodine and Carey. I figured one or the other. (Washington could have gone either way.) Watching the 6 OT game, you really see the importance of having talented juniors like Devo and Rautins, who got better and better and became team leaders and younger studs like Flynn. I wish some of these kids were more patient and understood that it sometimes takes a year or two or more of development to get where they want to go. Goodine could have become an important player for as a sophomore and especially as a junior.

It looks like JB has finished his exit interviews with the players.

That could be part of the problem. He may not have been able to meet with the players in person individually.

We thank you for your contributions and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

With all respect this aint football with a roster of 100. Either these guys couldn't play (which is on the recruiters} or they knew Buddy-Joe were locked for 2-3 yrs

It must be miserable hating the philosophy that the HC of your favorite team implements. Questioning him at every turn, knowing that you could do it better, and never getting that chance to coach, develop, and recruit the kids you know could make them a contender yearly.

Yet, he’s never canned for his awful decisions, and ability to spot talent. To top it off, he’s racist now, and puts his hope in white boys only. His son, and adopted son being the chosen ones. The days of Pearl, Sherm, Flynn, Scoop, MCW, and Dion are over. Dior should probably see that he will have to come off the bench for JB. Kid must be nuts to spend his one year with a guy like JB. Who obviously prefers GMac doing the heavy lifting over those other two.
Jesus Christ.

Shut the board down people.

This is amazing.

Goodine could have become an important player for as a sophomore and especially as a junior.

Goodine looked like he could of been a shorter version of Silent G. Was hoping/thinking he could make similar kind of progressions here on the hill and be a major contributor as an upperclassman.
Sucks to see him go, but best of luck to him.

Boeheim's painfully short rotation and the transfer portal are a terrible combo. If the portal was around years ago, we would have lost many more quality guys.

Boeheim is going to have to adjust his rotation pattern to this reality or it will continue to happen every year.

The rules changed. This isn’t like the 80s folks
Open minded regarding this comment. I understand these changes. Our coach started in 1976. Are you saying college coaches are more general managers in the new era? Did Buddy chase off current roster and potential 2 guards over next couple yrs? I mean i think i know the answer

Did Buddy chase off current roster and potential 2 guards over next couple yrs? I mean i think i know the answer
not buddy’s fault. It’s his old man’s fault. But at some point certainly buddy’s gotta think ‘sh-it this isn’t right pops’. I get that people are sometimes blind but this is too painfully obvious.

Did Buddy chase off current roster and potential 2 guards over next couple yrs? I mean i think i know the answer
Buddy did not chase off anyone.

The coach on the other hand did or it certainly looks like he did.

And before that, as he admits, he failed to recruit a proper ACC front court and based on the evidence, he also did not recruit an ACC level back court at that is why they did not play or they were ACC caliber he elected not to let them play.
No matter how you want to slice it, the guy in charge gets the credit when the team wins and he gets the credit when they do not

JB was slow to kids leaving early. He admits that. Same with frontcourt recruiting, which is a bit one and the same. That's really the big issue since we joined the ACC.

The look of losing three kids is probably a lot worse than the reality. We lose football players all the time. There will always be someone else.

Saddened to see howash go. But I completely understand it. I’m still confused by JB and his use of the guards this year.
Part of my entertainment watching SU hoops over the years:
Watching missed assignments or other transgressions and knowing what was was going to happen before JB even made a move to get the sub to the table.
This season, lost my Crystal Ball. As you said: confused.

Saddened to see howash go. But I completely understand it. I’m still confused by JB and his use of the guards this year.
He was a great kid but I his shooting and athleticism left a lot to be desired. Carey I knew was gone in November. Goodine disappoints me and I get it but he should have gotten more run

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom