Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

Part of my entertainment watching SU hoops over the years:
Watching missed assignments or other transgressions and knowing what was was going to happen before JB even made a move to get the sub to the table.
This season, lost my Crystal Ball. As you said: confused.
That’s all I’m saying.

Can we not Re-recruit those in the transfer portal? Players like Goodine, Carey and Washington? :confused:

My favorite post of the day. :)

I can't even imagine the enthusiasm we'd get if we went after Goodine in the transfer portal! The accolades for the staff for targeting someone with such a diverse skill set - we'd have YT high school mix tapes galore of evidence of his future stardom...and another Eli on our hands! A hidden gem!

Surprised by your coolness.
Yes. I wish them success wherever they end up. They were all good teammates and deserve to find a place where they can play and succeed.

We suddenly have some room to add a transfer or two. This will help to balance the roster, where we had too many guards and not enough forwards.

If this is only the third day without live sports I don’t want to see what this board is like in a month.

Jesus

I find the prospects exciting! If we don't get any big transfers...it's gonna get fun looking forward to next season!

So it is all on the players? That JB targeted and recruited these players, coached them 'up', doesn't play them, and then when they leave, its not on him - teflon Boeheim. Must be nice to not be accountable for anything - including sanctions.

Here’s the problem. We recruit a number of players that the staff thinks highly of before arriving at SU. Then they get here and they turn out to be a lot less than advertised. So they sit on the bench, sulk, become frustrated and transfer. It’s a loss for them, but it also winds up being a loss for the program. We need to find a replacement and develop the player again. It’s an ugly cycle, but it begins with doing a better job of eyeing prospects.

nah your zillion angsty punctuation-free posts in every thread already shut the board down

ETFc9wKWoAUIJ10

I find the prospects exciting! If we don't get any big transfers...it's gonna get fun looking forward to next season!

i would say the following. this place provides entertainment and despite many differences in opinion I look forward to checking every day. Without anything happening in the live sports world, discussion, information and disagreements are highly entertaining. I think most people here are Cuse fans so at the end of the day they are rooting for whatever is best for the program. If we all remember that and try and limit personal insults even better. if We can’t I will still read and contribute.

I love Jimmy and feel he is one of the best college hoops coaches ever. Remarkable achievements over a remarkable career. I also still think he has another run or two left, if he can bring in a few more recruits in the Dior and 2021 class.

I know very little and admit a professional coach who has done this over a lifetime probably knows more than me ( a lot more). However, in my opinion I feel the perception of the guard minutes and coaching ones son needs to be managed better than it was. Three transfers at guard in one day is a coordinated message about this unhappiness. I think that message should clear to all. I also think Goodine is a loss and was not given enough run. However, I see the other point of view when posters say he didn’t show enough in his limited minutes. This is what makes a message board fun. Differences of opinion. Keep them coming.

I’m looking forward to new topics, arguing a bit, talking transfers and preparing for our run to the ACC and NCAA championships next year!
Cuse!

this place provides entertainment and despite many differences in opinion I look forward to checking every day. Without anything happening in the live sports world, discussion, information and disagreements are highly entertaining.
Yes, with no sports expect to spend more time on this forum.
During this evolving covid crisis, trending the discussions here (and civility!) will be one of many ways to keep updated on how people are reacting!
Hope we keep each other entertained, vs cannibalism... :cool:

Let's just hope the social media reading ongoing about Diors Instagram isn't the next shoe to drop.

If it does- I think maybe it's fair JB answers some questions around What is going on with the program.

Let's just hope the social media reading ongoing about Diors Instagram isn't the next shoe to drop.

If it does- I think maybe it's fair JB answers some questions around What is going on with the program.
Huh?

I wouldn’t read anything into it.

None of the players yesterday were why he committed.

I am more worried about the NBA draft than Dior going to another college.

I wouldn’t read anything into it.

None of the players yesterday were why he committed.

I am more worried about the NBA draft than Dior going to another college.

With all the craziness of this season and the revenue challenges meaning it's far less likely to see a change to the CBA and one and done rule prior to Dior arriving, the NBA seems to be a minor concern as well. At this point we are conditioned for dissappointment. Here is to a little reverse jinx.

I try to be an optimist as much as the next guy when it comes to SU basketball... but if you are saying these transfers aren't a big deal you're kidding yourself. The fact that we have 3 guards who all got playing time this year decided to transfer is ridiculous. It looks AWFUL that we just had 3 guards decide to transfer in a 48 hr span. What message does this convey to any guard we are trying to recruit from HS or get from the transfer portal?

But I will go back to optimistic side. This should ensure Kadary gets more playing time. I think his size and skill set fit the zone better than Washington or Carey. And this gives Joe the official keys to the offense. Maybe that will infuse some more confidence in his game and help with his decision making late in games (and cut down on the fade-away 3's)... so who knows. I can't say I have always been on JB's side, but you don't coach DI basketball for over 40 yrs without being good at your job.

So in conclusion... I will trust the process. It frustrates me to see guys leaving the program without really seeing their full potential. Well this is the end of my rant. Regardless of who is on the team and who is getting PT I will continue to watch and support our boys. Cuse Forever

The D almost always improved with either Washington or Brycen in the game. One would think that would have earned more minutes. There was really no good reason to play JG and Buddy so many minutes.
last year's conventional wisdom: we can't keep playing 3 on 5 on offense
this year's conventional wisdom: we should have played the defense-only guys more often

jb will play the players who he thinks can best help him win. both of these guys had the opportunity to seize third guard minutes and both failed to do so. that's on them, not the coach, not buddy, not joe.

they played a combined 349 minutes and didn't move the needle.
compare that to frank howard, who played 335 minutes in his freshman season and parlayed into a 4 year career. not the most successful of careers by any measure, but he didn't quit he kept at it.

playing time is only part of it. like water, players seek their own level.

good luck to those guys wherever they go, especially washington.

both of these guys had the opportunity to seize third guard minutes and both failed to do so. that's on them, not the coach, not buddy, not joe.

It is on the coach if he could not recruit at least one other guard who could play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom