Washington and Carey in the portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Washington and Carey in the portal

I guess Flynn and devo has to play close to most of game. Also, if boeheim had an option he would have taken buddy and more so JG3 out more. When goodine and Washington came on the floor they provided nothing. No spacing, shooting...nothing. How can you leave them out there for extended time? There was this guy named Elijah Hughes who actually is a 2 but played 3 for us who was very capable of playing either guard spot for 10 minutes so I don’t buy that excuse at all. Goodine should have played 10 minutes a game our defense was horrible this year. Players can’t play effectively with a quick hook hovering after each mistake.

Would love to hear the exit interviews:

JB: spacing, shooters.. something
Goodine/HoWash: whatever.

I actually thought boeheim more then most years kept them in through mistakes. It wasn’t even really mistakes. It was just that they provided nothing. I do think goodine got some run toward the end of the year and JB was becoming comfortable with him. I think his rolls expanded next year. But we will never know.
I think if Carey stayed you see what he gives you with no expectations next year...his lose is more just a body then anything.

Andy was a good rebounder. he averaged over 3 from the 2 his sr year. that is the best I can remember from the 2 guard
Pardon my curiosity...but why is Andy Rautins in discussion?
Does he somehow have eligibility left?

And you can't compare him to his father.
Andy was a solid player on both ends of the court.
Leo was something special...maybe best all around player of the Boeheim era.
Rivaled by Derrick Coleman and Billy Owens.
But Sherman Douglas was the only one who could pass the way Leo did.
Maybe.

Maybe.
we were talking about 1. rebounding from the 2 Andy was by far the best and 2. why can't Buddy play the 3 like andy did.

We need to hit the portal to just get back to our level this year at this point.

Next year is going to be very rough even if we land a few transfers that can play immediately.

Banking on Richmond and transfers while losing Elijah, Goodine, Jalen and HoWa isn’t a recipe for anything short of a bubble team at best.

We’re probably an injury or grades issue away from being bottom third of the conference.

If we’re starting Buddy and Joe again and having them playing big minutes, we’re going to have serious defensive issues.

Let’s just make sure we have enough healthy bodies to have quality practices. See what happens. Looking like a rough year.

I look forward to seeing where the guys end up, and will probably follow their careers a bit. Hope none go to any of our historic rivals and kill it:mad:.
Of course it's early on in knowing what next year's roster will look like, but we might be an injury and some foul trouble away from Marek being an emergency guard/secondary ball handler.

Maybe.
I was stating that rautins and arinze stayed and learned how to play. He took that and just added to rautins and why he was more effective then current players.

we were talking about 1. rebounding from the 2 Andy was by far the best and 2. why can't Buddy play the 3 like andy did.
Thank you, I obviously missed that page.

Would love to have either Rautins on the team.

We need to hit the portal to just get back to our level this year at this point.

Next year is going to be very rough even if we land a few transfers that can play immediately.

Banking on Richmond and transfers while losing Elijah, Goodine, Jalen and HoWa isn’t a recipe for anything short of a bubble team at best.

We’re probably an injury or grades issue away from being bottom third of the conference.

If we’re starting Buddy and Joe again and having them playing big minutes, we’re going to have serious defensive issues.

Let’s just make sure we have enough healthy bodies to have quality practices. See what happens. Looking like a rough year.
They will both be better on offense and defense next year. Experience matters.

This really opens up a chance for us to get slower and less athletic. I like it!
If we could get a really slow, so-so handle-having 6'3" white kid from Buffalo that can't D up, but can shoot, play some PG/SG, we will finally have the perfect roster to dominate the ACC and, next, the world. We will also own the Northern part of the NYS Thruway!!!
Probably lots of cool nicknames for our three sharpshooters if we can make it happen.

Any 6'3" kids shoot over 40% from three anywhere near Buffalo? There must be at least one graduating high school. Snap him up!

Can you imagine all the threes we could make? There would be LITERALLY no way for us to lose!!

Obviously more skilled players would be nice, but it is a little odd people are freaking out about heading into the season with 3 skilled guys and presumably a 4th that won’t be very good when that’s the exact situation we had this year.

The real issue is what happens if Richmond isn’t good.

Folks, with the virus and travel limitations, NCAA restrictions, it’s going to be difficult to get visits from transfers.

Just sayin.

Obviously more skilled players would be nice, but it is a little odd people are freaking out about heading into the season with 3 skilled guys and presumably a 4th that won’t be very good when that’s the exact situation we had this year.

The real issue is what happens if Richmond isn’t good.

This post confuses me a bit, but if you’re saying Brycen isn’t good...I’m not sure we know that yet.

Folks, with the virus and travel limitations, NCAA restrictions, it’s going to be difficult to get visits from transfers.

Just sayin.

You realize everyone is in the same boat so our transfers may have issues finding schools?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom