Washington Huskies | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

Isaiah Stewart is skilled, mature, and intelligent. i don't know how he projects in the NBA, but I bet he'll hang around a long time.
It’s tough to project. Amazing motor and very skilled but undersized from a height stand point and doesn’t stretch the floor with his shot. Obviously not all bigs extend out on offense but most certainly do these days. Seems like Stewart would have been a beast in the 90s era. Physicality.

Absolutely. He made a huge difference for this team. They were lost for most of the season without him.

fairly lost with him too. he’s a good player and you definitely take him back if he’s eligible but I don’t think he is the type of player that makes everyone around him better. With that being said his talent alone upgrades your PG spot.

Washington and North Carolina are dangerous last place teams in their conference tournaments.

They are both dangerous for those teams that have to face them in the first round or two but they have a very long road to win a tournament. For instance Washington would have to beat Arizona, USC, Oregon and UCLA (if seeding holds) to win the P-12. UNC would also have a brutal path to win the ACCt as well. Neither one has the depth nor the consistency to pull that off imo. I would admit however that Wash going down to sweep both AZ teams on the road was impressive.

Washington and North Carolina are dangerous last place teams in their conference tournaments.

agreed. Both have lots of talent and can do some real damage.

It’s tough to project. Amazing motor and very skilled but undersized from a height stand point and doesn’t stretch the floor with his shot. Obviously not all bigs extend out on offense but most certainly do these days. Seems like Stewart would have been a beast in the 90s era. Physicality.
I wonder if he can be good enough inside while he develops his shot. It seems like there are so few interior players now that a guy like him may actually be a matchup problem sometimes. I don't remember Rasheed Wallace having an outside shot while he was at UNC, then became a really good shooter as a pro. Maybe he can follow that path.

Yeah, I’m with you and Walton on this one. He had his chance
Walton said that as if they're better without him. I don't if that's the case. Walton is an interesting guy to listen to, but I would almost always do the opposite of what he says when running a team.

You don't bring him back as a favor to him. You do it if he makes the team better. If Hop brings him back, he doesn't have to start, but he's an option if the other guards are stinking it up.

Last edited:
Heels are +3000 to win it. 5th best odds.

At William Hill, UNC is 100 to 1 to win the NC which is crazy. There are several teams that are posted at 100 to 1 (Providence for one) or longer that will actually be in the NCAA tournament. Shows what name brand means to some folks.

At William Hill, UNC is 100 to 1 to win the NC which is crazy. There are several teams that are posted at 100 to 1 (Providence for one) or longer that will actually be in the NCAA tournament. Shows what name brand means to some folks.

Thats an insult to bettors. Caesars has them a reasonable 500-1. SU is 750-1.

Thats an insult to bettors. Caesars has them a reasonable 500-1. SU is 750-1.

Up until a week ago William Hill had Providence at 500 to 1. That was a nice bargain.

I don’t really get it about Green. Did he stink it up academically at Kentucky and Hop and the Administration consciously took a big risk with him? Or did he just screw up big time at Washington and academic support was unaware so it was a surprise? I mean he was at Washington mid semester last year without playing so how did this all happen? He had time during the summer to take classes too. The NCAA granted him a transfer waiver to allow him to play a semester early, from the beginning of this season - wouldn’t Academic progress be part of their review for eligibility? Something went very wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom